Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are costumes for young girls getting too skimpy?

Yes. 0.81290322580645 81.3% [ 126 ]
No. 0.18709677419355 18.7% [ 29 ]
Total Votes:[ 155 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Devoted Hunter

IngloriousBasterd666
Blood Valkyrie
IngloriousBasterd666
Good Halloween costumes for little girls:

Eleanor Roosevelt

Elizabeth the First

Joan of Arc

Harriet Tubman

Rosa Parks

Rosie the Riveter

Emma Goldman

Marie Curie

Hermione Granger

How about something actually scary?
Although, I admit Elizabeth I was a b***h at times.

There are enough insecure males out there who find these women scary....

No man, Erzebet Bathory was scary.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Shader-san
Blood Valkyrie
IngloriousBasterd666

Eleanor Roosevelt

Elizabeth the First

Joan of Arc

Harriet Tubman

Rosa Parks

Rosie the Riveter

Emma Goldman

Marie Curie

Hermione Granger

Elizabeth Báthory.

How about her? That was a ******** scary lady.

I'll give you that one. Elizabeth Bathory was ******** scary.

Shy Friend

12,475 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Blood Valkyrie
Shader-san
Blood Valkyrie
IngloriousBasterd666

Eleanor Roosevelt

Elizabeth the First

Joan of Arc

Harriet Tubman

Rosa Parks

Rosie the Riveter

Emma Goldman

Marie Curie

Hermione Granger

Elizabeth Báthory.

How about her? That was a ******** scary lady.

I'll give you that one. Elizabeth Bathory was ******** scary.
Oh Elizabeth Bathory was one scary woman. She would certainly make for an interesting Halloween costume.

Shy Friend

12,475 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
b e l l a tragediex
I just went on a rant about this on Facebook. I live in Minnesota, where winter is -30 degrees Fahrenheit. I'll be the first to say I've never worn a "slutty" costume. In my entire life. The closest thing I got to slutty was an I Dream Of Genie costume when I was 8, equip with an opaque nylon body suit underneath.

I've been trying desperately to find a costume that is
a. feminine.
b. flattering to my body type
c. covers more than just my nipples and vulva.

But it seems to be a losing battle.

I don't mind adults in skimpy costumes, but the fact that the teen and kids costumes are the same but miniature is awful. I don't see them as sexy costumes on children, nor do I think they're "asking for it," but I think parents should cover their kids.

As an adult, the freedom to be half-nude is great. I love it. It doesn't mean you're a "whore" or anything like that. But unless you live in a nudist colony, there is no reason for your children to be nude (partially or otherwise) in front of people
A very good way of putting it, I also wore an I Dream of Genie costume as a kid. I loved that show too on TV Land. But yes I think little girls aren't "asking for it" if they were a skimpy costume because normal men would not touch a little girl in a slutty costume because men are not animals they have morals and standards. And psycho ***** probably target little girls fully covered head to toe I mean look at the rape that happens to women and girls in the middle east. Those women are fully covered in burkas even their faces remain hidden and they still get raped. It's not the victim it's the rapist always blame the rapist not the victim. But back to the costume subject. I do feel as an importance of sense and sensibility I think kids should be fully covered appropriately on Halloween. It just seems like the right thing to do all things considered. If I had a daughter I wouldn't want her wearing a skimpy Halloween costume just because I feel that she may get the wrong idea about herself and start thinking that girls have to be pretty or sexy in order to be liked on Halloween and girls can be scary or wear creepy costumes if they want to. They don't have to be cute, pretty, sexy, or attractive. The point of Halloween was to dress up as a monster, girls should be allowed to look creepy and scary too. I loved being a zombie as a kid. Some girls want to be freaky and creepy looking because that is more fun than just putting on a colorful dress. I dunno I guess it's just me.
English_Biscuit
MaxweII
I actually don't care how they dress, but its just some men that needs to learn self control.
But kids should dress less skimpier.

Men need to learn self control?
Perhaps women need to stop advertising themselves then.

Still, its funny I live in England where Halloween isn't exactly a big deal like in the US, its literally just for the kids here, they go out and trick or treat, while the adults either supervise them or give out candy. Yet despite that, half the kids in the area a wearing stuff I would gag at adult wearing. I may not be a Halloween expert but I do remember it being about the fright and darkness of the world, yet as of late, Most women(s) (and hell even some male) clothing seems to forget the point. Its now down to 'how hot you look' and not 'how horrid you look', which last I checked, was the point.
advertising themselves? Please explain. Because even if a girl dress up with short skirts and high heels, that's how some girls normally dress, and some guys, not all, will like too much what they're seeing. And I am aware that its good to get attention sometimes, but honestly...to get turned on by this...really? And again, not all guys are like this, just like how not all Tweens dress skimpy.

I miss those days when Halloween wasn't such a big deal...

Shadowy Rogue

7,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
MaxweII
English_Biscuit
MaxweII
I actually don't care how they dress, but its just some men that needs to learn self control.
But kids should dress less skimpier.

Men need to learn self control?
Perhaps women need to stop advertising themselves then.

Still, its funny I live in England where Halloween isn't exactly a big deal like in the US, its literally just for the kids here, they go out and trick or treat, while the adults either supervise them or give out candy. Yet despite that, half the kids in the area a wearing stuff I would gag at adult wearing. I may not be a Halloween expert but I do remember it being about the fright and darkness of the world, yet as of late, Most women(s) (and hell even some male) clothing seems to forget the point. Its now down to 'how hot you look' and not 'how horrid you look', which last I checked, was the point.
advertising themselves? Please explain. Because even if a girl dress up with short skirts and high heels, that's how some girls normally dress, and some guys, not all, will like too much what they're seeing. And I am aware that its good to get attention sometimes, but honestly...to get turned on by this...really? And again, not all guys are like this, just like how not all Tweens dress skimpy.

I miss those days when Halloween wasn't such a big deal...

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind women trying to dress cute or good looking or whatever (despite that being the total opposite of halloween). Still, we have a word for those who always dress in short skimpy clothing, a word not fit for Gaia so I won't use it, the skimpier it is the more the girl is pretty much saying 'this is how easy I am'. There is a huge difference between sexy and <insert not safe for gaia word here>. You don't need to dress skimpy with a clown mask of makeup to be good looking or whatever. Less isn't always more y'know?
'Some guys, not all, will like too much what they are seeing' because the girls are just feeding it to them. There is no way you look at a skirt which comes just below your butt and a top which only covers your chest and go 'yep, this is cute, this won't attract any unwanted attention'.
I don't give a damn about halloween honestly, hell I'm at the candy giving age now, not receiving, but damn its changed a lot since I was a kid.

Kawaii Ladykiller

13,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
boys shouldn't be objectifying girls anyways, regardless of age. Oh, yeah. Did I mention? It's their body and their life and they can do whatever the ******** they want to do?

Anxious Gaian

10,875 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
wow, this just made me realize how much of a tomboy I used to be when I was a kid.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Most of the costumes in those photos are not that skimpy. Dresses and such but for the most part not particularly slutty.
What the article also does not focus on is there are still plenty of cute, wholesome, cuddly, etc girls costumes available. In the end it boils down to what a parent chooses to buy and put on their child. If your little girl is dressed like a prostitute it is because you let her or worse, encouraged her.

Fluffy Fatcat

11,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Heckler 50
jamilee-nicole
I typically protest most female Halloween outfits not only because the usual objectification issues, but also because they are no longer scary. Sorry, but I prefer less 'whore' and more 'horror' in my Halloween.

Store bought costumes are just too bland and generic. Utterly unoriginal. You know what I want to be for Halloween? Zombie Lizzie Borden. The only problem would be explaining to everyone who Lizzie Borden was and why she was scary enough for Halloween. It would involve an old-timey ugly hair bun, black torn dress with a very high neckline, full sleeves and a long skirt combined with a bloody apron and a nice old axe, along with the usual zombie makeup. Not at all slutty, and scary enough to be proud of.
finally! someone with the same idea as me! mrgreen

Magical Star

I was at Party City yesterday and I was disappointed in the selection of costumes. All the dresses were so short! redface I could never wear those!

I wish more people would dress scary. I miss being scared on Halloween and I'm very easily scared.

Durem Citizen

Soul of Kyr
I went through the photo montage and except for maybe 4 costumes, the rest of the costumes are not really that sexy. Unless you are really dirty minded or a *****] Yea I have to agree

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
jamilee-nicole
I typically protest most female Halloween outfits not only because the usual objectification issues, but also because they are no longer scary. Sorry, but I prefer less 'whore' and more 'horror' in my Halloween.

Store bought costumes are just too bland and generic. Utterly unoriginal. You know what I want to be for Halloween? Zombie Lizzie Borden. The only problem would be explaining to everyone who Lizzie Borden was and why she was scary enough for Halloween. It would involve an old-timey ugly hair bun, black torn dress with a very high neckline, full sleeves and a long skirt combined with a bloody apron and a nice old axe, along with the usual zombie makeup. Not at all slutty, and scary enough to be proud of.

Lizze Borden took an axe, and gave her father forty whacks...

Dude, only my favorite murderess ever! xd

Your costume sounds like it's just to die for!

Shy Friend

12,475 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
snowdrop1905
jamilee-nicole

Woah Lizzie Borden I haven't heard that name in a while. Wasn't she 14 when she killed her mother and father?

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
Nadine_Craft
snowdrop1905
jamilee-nicole

Woah Lizzie Borden I haven't heard that name in a while. Wasn't she 14 when she killed her mother and father?

According to wikipedia she was about thirty, and it was her stepmother and her father.

Also for sure it is unknown whether she actually killed them or not.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff