Welcome to Gaia! ::

Moonlight Explorer

14,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
Quote:
Don Pardo, whose voice was synonymous with “Saturday Night Live” for generations of fans, has died. The radio and TV announcer was 96.

CBS Radio News confirmed the news with a Tweet.

Pardo lent his voice to every season of “SNL” except one, making his the longest tenure of anyone associated with the show (creator Lorne Michaels was away for five years in the 1980s). He also missed one episode in 2013 due to a hip injury. “SNL” alum Darrell Hammond filled in for him then, doing his best Pardo impression throughout the show.

Since his official retirement from NBC in 2004, Pardo would often pre-record the “SNL” intros from his home in Arizona.

A 2010 inductee into the Television Hall of Fame, Pardo’s credits also included game shows like “The Price Is Right” and the original version of “Jeopardy!.” Appropriately, he also made a cameo on “Weird Al” Yankovic’s 1984 song parody, “I Lost on Jeopardy.”

Pardo was also a dedicated newsman and was the first to tell NBC viewers that President Kennedy had been shot in Dallas in 1963. He was also a war reporter for NBC Radio during World War II.

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

Well dang,I kinda like that show:<

May he rest in peace! ~nod~
I'm not particularly surprised, the way his voice sounded in recent seasons was obviously a guy so old to be on the brink of death.

Also, he did the narration for the old "Superfriends" cartoon.

Moonlight Explorer

14,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
azulmagia
I'm not particularly surprised, the way his voice sounded in recent seasons was obviously a guy so old to be on the brink of death.

I had no idea he did that!

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I haven't heard him in a while but I had no idea he was that old.
I also could not have told you his name, but I can hear his voice in my head.

So that's at least two 'voices' to die fairly recently. Him and Casey Kasem.
azulmagia

. Name didn't ring a bell, but if he's the guy who said, "truth, justice and freedom for all mankind" then he was awesome sauce.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Dear awesome people:

QUIT DYING.

Sincerely,

Tumblr (it was the only thing I could think of that regularly obsesses over people)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff