30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Robotic lalanono
Sailor Tin Nyanko
JamesWN
Sailor Tin Nyanko
She is a Maneki Neko. ( aka beckoning cat).

Those are Cat Statues that are in Businesses and some Homes.

Those are statue versions of Japanese Bobtail Cats. Japanese Bobtails, real live cats, used to be in businesses and temples. They are a breed of domestic cat.

I think there were translation issues. She is an anthromorphic Cat, just as Bugs Bunny is an anthromorphic Rabbit. An animal or object given human characteristics. She is Bipedal... that is walking on the hind legs. Humans are Bipedal.

Japanese Bobtails are known for getting up on their hind legs and trying to use their paws like hands. They can wave and cover their mouth to indicate embarrassment. They also have a large vocabulary and can mimic other animals. Some can use human words, to the best of their vocal restrictions, quite appropriately.

I own a Japanese Bobtail Cat. He has gone through period where he walks on his hind legs to get better views of things. That can go on for months. He also would mimic people's voices. Not just a word but a person's exact voice like some birds.

My Cat that passed away last year used to mimic birds. She knew what bird calls to make to make birds come to her in the window or screen door. Then she would try to dive and attack them. My living cat used to mimic dogs... just what we needed.. the sound of a dog barking *facepalm*

There were series where Hello Kitty, her family, and her friends talked. However, their mouths never showed or moved. She has a Twin sister named Mimi. They wear their hairbows on the opposite sides of their head. I don't think Mimi's bow has ever been Red, but Kitty's has been every color and pattern.

Do you has videos of your fuzzy overlords? o.o

No, sorry.

Try searching the YouTube.

Here's a clip from Cats 101 on Animal Planet for info on the breed to start you off.

]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id5LsGabYGo

Awww! I want one now. I wonder how they are with dogs. I've been wanting to get my little chihuahua mix a sibling to play with.
They are supposed to do well with Dogs and Children. My cat is afraid of children though for some reason.

They love to play fetch. Some times I can play games where my cat throws something in the air at me or hits it across the room. I toss it or hit it back. They toss it or hit it back.
Sailor Tin Nyanko
Robotic lalanono
Sailor Tin Nyanko
JamesWN
Sailor Tin Nyanko

Those are statue versions of Japanese Bobtail Cats. Japanese Bobtails, real live cats, used to be in businesses and temples. They are a breed of domestic cat.

I think there were translation issues. She is an anthromorphic Cat, just as Bugs Bunny is an anthromorphic Rabbit. An animal or object given human characteristics. She is Bipedal... that is walking on the hind legs. Humans are Bipedal.

Japanese Bobtails are known for getting up on their hind legs and trying to use their paws like hands. They can wave and cover their mouth to indicate embarrassment. They also have a large vocabulary and can mimic other animals. Some can use human words, to the best of their vocal restrictions, quite appropriately.

I own a Japanese Bobtail Cat. He has gone through period where he walks on his hind legs to get better views of things. That can go on for months. He also would mimic people's voices. Not just a word but a person's exact voice like some birds.

My Cat that passed away last year used to mimic birds. She knew what bird calls to make to make birds come to her in the window or screen door. Then she would try to dive and attack them. My living cat used to mimic dogs... just what we needed.. the sound of a dog barking *facepalm*

There were series where Hello Kitty, her family, and her friends talked. However, their mouths never showed or moved. She has a Twin sister named Mimi. They wear their hairbows on the opposite sides of their head. I don't think Mimi's bow has ever been Red, but Kitty's has been every color and pattern.

No, sorry.

Here's a clip from Cats 101 on Animal Planet for info on the breed to start you off.

Awww! I want one now. I wonder how they are with dogs. I've been wanting to get my little chihuahua mix a sibling to play with.

They are supposed to do well with Dogs and Children. My cat is afraid of children though for some reason.

They love to play fetch. Some times I can play games where my cat throws something in the air at me or hits it across the room. I toss it or hit it back. They toss it or hit it back.

That sounds adorable.
Haha, I'm thinking about looking for breeders in my area now. smile My little girl loves playing fetch, and she loves a good competition lol.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Robotic lalanono
Sailor Tin Nyanko
Robotic lalanono
Sailor Tin Nyanko
JamesWN
Sailor Tin Nyanko

No, sorry.

That sounds adorable.
Haha, I'm thinking about looking for breeders in my area now. smile My little girl loves playing fetch, and she loves a good competition lol.

There aren't many breeders so you may either have to travel far or have them flown by plane to you... depending on where you live. I mean these are breeders within the United States of America. They aren't impossible to find.

I'd say avoid the breeders in Ohio and Pennsylvania. Japanese Bobtails are constantly being found or turned into shelters in some areas in those states. It makes me believe that they are purposely dumping their cats for some reason. There have been cats found that coincide to shows those breeders went to and look like cats they brought (in some cases they were the only people with Japanese Bobtails at those shows). Too much happening for me to believe it's coincidence.

I suppose on the other hand I could say if you are in those states you could also keep eyes on shelter listings online. Especially Ohio since they go to shows there.... and poof... cats appear!

Oh, yes,.. when I got my cats it was illegal in parts of the USA to have them declawed. They were classed as a small breed and that was the reason given in some places. But, it's been so long I forget all the reasons. Oh, yes, there were also issues with people trying to declaw them or small breeds in areas so that's how they ended up protected. Anyways, expect them not to be declawed and not to be allowed to declaw them. They should be spayed or neutered though. Some people believe they do not do well with certain shots. There are some conditions that can develop in cats with these sorts of things including tumors/cancers. So some breeders will not allow you to use certain shots in the contract... likely based on personal experiences and losses.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Keltoi Samurai
Alura19
Why would you make it look like a cat and then emphatically tell people it is not a cat? Oh and you called it Hello Kitty just because it sounded good.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Translation: "This is not a pipe."

The Treachery of Images, Rene Magritte.

1928-29. Oil on Canvas.

Los Angeles County Museum of Art.

Los Angeles, California, USA.

In the case of them possibly mistranslating 'cat girl'...
User Image
(for those who are confused as to the meanings behind 'this is not a pipe', this explains [********])

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Piment de la Vie
JamesWN
Yeah... and those massage wands totally aren't vib--*shot*

I have a friend who bought one, and she showed it to me.
Totes a back massager. Totally....

*Watches as the small red laser dot moves away from her heart*

THEY AREN'T BACK MASSAGERS, I REPEAT, THEY AREN'T BA-

*Shot*

....they make hello kitty ones. *duck and cover*

Demonic Kitten

8,500 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
This is the dumbest thing ever.
Obviously she's a cat, we all know she is one. rolleyes

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Coulda fooled me...

Opinionated Combatant

10,275 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: KO 200
Sage Treesong
This is the dumbest thing ever.
Obviously she's a cat, we all know she is one. rolleyes

that's only in english language cause we don't actually have a proper translation for gajinka, which the japanese do not call neko which is cat.
improper but more appropriate to what sanrio is talking about translation though, Hello Kitty is a furry with cat features.
hence what they mean by hello kitty is a "little girl" cause furries in manga and anime and stuff; we don't see them as animals
like if you ever read fruits basket

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
What I'm getting here is she saying she's not a cat in the traditional sense; she's saying she's anthropomorphic

Bucktoothed Otaku

19,450 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I told my 7yo niece Hello Kitty is not a cat and she gave me that "u mad??" look.. rolleyes

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I had a slight argument with mother the other day about this, she told me that Hello Kitty was an actual girl and thus not a cat etc etc and I said that she was a cat as she is based off the Japanese bobtail etc and shes all well, she isn't there was an article in the newspaper about it and I am just take it from someone who loves the Japanese culture, she IS a cat, obviously it is a lost in translation piece or something but she IS a cat.

You don't make something look like a cat (she even has whiskers for crying out loud!) If you are just going to go "nah, human she be so there!" Apparently even the Japanese people that lay claim to her said she was a girl but no, she isn't, but what do I know? I flunked human bio, guess there are humans that look like cats now?

Healing Lunatic

11,575 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Object of Affection 150
emotion_eyebrow

Demonic Kitten

8,500 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
salsadipluva
I told my 7yo niece Hello Kitty is not a cat and she gave me that "u mad??" look.. rolleyes

Invisible Bloodsucker

6,850 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
Alura19
Why would you make it look like a cat and then emphatically tell people it is not a cat? Oh and you called it Hello Kitty just because it sounded good.

Agreed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces