None of the Above 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 4 ]
This stuff is serious you know 0.055555555555556 5.6% [ 2 ]
Gold!!! 0.25 25.0% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 36 ]
< 1 2

russia is right
Prince Aegon Targaryen VI
GreenSkylord
There is lots of evidence. Everyone knew Yes would win.

Yeah yeah yeah.

Just like "Everyone" knew Romney would beat Obama.

Just like "Everyone" knew Clinton would beat him in the Primaries.

Just like "Everyone" knew Iggy would beat Harper.

I'm still not hearing compelling evidence. I'm hearing "Wah! Wah! Things didn't go the way I wanted them to and I have an ego the size of a blimp. Wah! Wah!"

Quote:
Countries were puttin their " new country" plans into action.

Yeah. See, other countries jumping the gun isn't really evidence of corruption.

Quote:
39000 voted no in Dundee. No one knows who these people are.

Yes. That's one of the joys of anonymous voting.

Quote:
The entire country was silent the day after the referendum. People remarked on it being a country in mourning.

I'm sorry... Do you understand the concept of Legitimate Evidence? Because "People were unhappy about it" isn't ******** proof of corruption.

Quebec's been upset about their failed referendum for [******** decades, guess that means it was rigged too.

Quote:
There was 3 fire alarms in Dundee, the building was evacuated 3 times and left empty. Ballots completely unprotected.

Yeah, yeah.

See, that's not really proof.

Here's my parallel to that.

My wife got Pregnant.

My wife is home alone a lot.

This is, of course, evidence that my wife's pregnancy is the result of an affair.

After all, I can't see what she is doing every second of the day, and suspicion = concrete evidence.

Quote:
There are videos of people in that building, doing things with the papers, when they should be outside.

Source please.

Quote:
and it was protracted for 90 percent yes.

The night of the Ontario Provincial Election, one of my friends linked a projection on Facebook claiming that the NDP were going to win a majority.

They were destroyed, and the Liberals won a Majority. Robbing the NDP of their position as middle-man and assuring that nobody could force an election.

I guess it was rigged because polls.

Sarcasm aside, your evidence is pretty ******** plithy.

You realize that all that s**t is 90% bullshit, right?

If I had a nickle for every time the "Oh, this area is protracted to vote this way" turned out to be complete ******** nonsense, I'd be rich.

There's only one poll that matters, and it's on election night. Literally everything that comes before is a carefully constructed lie to create a certian impression.

Quote:
There are videos of people putting yes votes in no piles.

Again, this would be actual evidence.

Assuming you can provide these videos.

You can do so, yes?

Quote:
There were car accidents, where ballot trucks had to take long detours, unguarded.

Yeah. Yeah. I'm noticing a common theme here.

Elaborate conspiracies.

Were the New World Order Zionist Reptilians involved as well?

Quote:
Hell, if none of that is enough to suggest vote rigging,

Oh, one or two things are suspicious. Not enough to deliver condemnation, mind you.

On par with your typical moral panic.

It could have happened =/= proof.

Bring me concrete evidence. Not "Uh, well, it was unguarded. Something "could have" happened."

Because if "could have" is enough to deliver condemnation, I've got a whole bunch of revenge lawsuits to bring before the courts.

Quote:
a high ranking politician actually confessed they had been looking at postal votes days before the count, which is illegal. That politician happened to be on the no side.

And?

This proves that this politician broke the law. Not that the vote was rigged.

Quote:

Intimidation is also classed as vote rigging. And the ENTIRETY of the British media was doing that.

What? The whole "HUR HUR HUR, IS SCOTLAND DUN LEAVES WE'LL JUST BE PETTY ASSHOLES."

s**t, son, Quebec should have separated eons ago. The entirety of Canada was engaging in a s**t-ton of vote-rigging.

Quote:
Foreign reporters, people who spend their lives covering elections, believed yes would take it with a land slide.

Jesus ********, do you have literally any other horse to ride on than that one?

"We thought it was totally going to happen like this" =/= Proof.

If it is, there are a s**t-ton of Canadian elections that were rigged too.

******** media professionals (Because if there is one person you know you can trust, it's a ******** reporter! I envy you the world your mind operates in) are your proof?

Quote:
This isn't, we lost so it was rigged.

Really? Because that's sure as ******** what a lot of your arguments sound like.

Quote:
The evidence adds up to vote rigging.

I've yet to see any compelling evidence.

One or two legitimate points that raise suspicion, and a whole s**t ton of repetition of the same point and "It could have happened so it happened."

So yeah, all I'm really seeing is "I wanted to win, have a huge ego, and am prone to believing in fantastical conspiracies. Therefore it was rigged."

Quote:
Russia might not be one to talk about rigging.

They certianly aren't.

If it was rigged, say what you will about the Yes Campaign, at least they have the subtlety to not claim they won by... What was the Crimea Annexation vote again? 97%?

Firstly, yes = side that was cheated out of winning.
Secondly, evidence= http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xBZi6HqDwcQ

Also, there are several other ways of rigging votes in Europe.
Breaking the Purdah laws, which is releasing new info when some people had voted via post.
Intimidation, which was widespread. MPs stood and told pensioners they'd lose their savings and pensions on a yes vote.
Lying about information. Eg, we were told there would not be enough oil for fifty years, day after referendum, we have 100 years of oil.

And the fact is, quite simply, that all these mistakes, that could have caused large scale rigging, happened in yes areas. And the turnout in yes areas was well below the national average. This was in cities where people spent hours queuing up to vote not 3 weeks before.

And the 39000 people who voted no in Dundee? Anonymous voting you say? They simply don't exist. Dundee was militant about its choice. These 39000 do not exist. Simple as that. They could not find 150 no voters for a debate audience, and they found 39000 for the actual vote? There were hundreds of thousand out on the streets of the country, out for yes. Most no rallies got 20 people, most yes rallies got hundreds of people.

On another note, huge ego? Didn't your mother ever teach you not to be an ar******?

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
GreenSkylord

And the 39000 people who voted no in Dundee? Anonymous voting you say? They simply don't exist. Dundee was militant about its choice. These 39000 do not exist. Simple as that. They could not find 150 no voters for a debate audience, and they found 39000 for the actual vote? There were hundreds of thousand out on the streets of the country, out for yes. Most no rallies got 20 people, most yes rallies got hundreds of people.
You haven't considered the possibility that maybe the no voters were hiding from the yes voters which you say are so militant and hardcore about their choice. Not everyone with an opinion is an activist-I would say most people aren't activists. I disagree with plenty of people in my local area on issues. I vote but never attend political rallies or debates.
AliKat1988
GreenSkylord

You haven't considered the possibility that maybe the no voters were hiding from the yes voters which you say are so militant and hardcore about their choice. Not everyone with an opinion is an activist-I would say most people aren't activists. I disagree with plenty of people in my local area on issues. I vote but never attend political rallies or debates.

Possible. However, there were hundreds of thousands of people who signed up to vote for the first time. They didn't sign up to vote no. The entire city was festooned with yes signs. With 3900 people I could agree with being closet. However, 39000 people is far too many people to be closeted.

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
GreenSkylord

See the silent majority is a thing

The Yes side was full of "Nationalists", (I use the word Nationalists lightly because Nationalism bred from Braveheart is not Nationalism) and young people who thought the idea of a independent nation would be cool

both whom are going to be loud and proud

The No side was the older wiser population who preferred stability over uncertainty (Salmond's inability to have a plan B for all the things he wanted to magically happen but would never happen did not help)

Who are not going to go do rallies because they have more important things to do.
Glorious Leader Luna
GreenSkylord

See the silent majority is a thing

The Yes side was full of "Nationalists", (I use the word Nationalists lightly because Nationalism bred from Braveheart is not Nationalism) and young people who thought the idea of a independent nation would be cool

both whom are going to be loud and proud

The No side was the older wiser population who preferred stability over uncertainty (Salmond's inability to have a plan B for all the things he wanted to magically happen but would never happen did not help)

Who are not going to go do rallies because they have more important things to do.

You see, that comment is so much bollocks, it isnt worth rebuking. Go and find some actual information, rather than Alaister Darling's sheer and utter crap.
GreenSkylord
Firstly, yes = side that was cheated out of winning.

Oh? Apologies.

As I imagine my frequent references to our politics suggest, I'm Canadian. Can't claim to follow any of this too closely. I have no skin in this game, but I'm quite militantly on the side of logic, and a lot of this "evidence" is completely foreign to it. Now, moving on.

Right. Well I'll start by saying that, arguably (We'll get to that in a moment) this is real evidence.

Unlike "I knew we were going to win, but we didn't = proof of vote rigging" that is what we in the Intelligent Human Being department call complete nonsense.

Now, to this video itself.

Example 1 - He points to one note with a clearly written "Yes" on it, and another that is a blurry blotch of unreadable text. That is about as much prove of vote rigging as all the videos of Sasquatch are for it's existence.

However, even if that unreadable plot of text was a yes, this does not prove rigging. It raises the possibility of it, to be sure, but it is not undeniable proof.

Could just be two misplaced votes, yes?

Oh ho ho ho ho ho ho. My dear.... I just found a very interesting tweet.

Here we go.

Now, the question becomes, is Yes Dundee a part of the conspiracy and cheating themselves out of the vote?

Example 2 - ... I'm sorry... What even was that? All I'm seeing is blurry footage of a guy handling papers.

Example 3 - See, that. That is proper evidence.

Not blurry footage of unreadable text.

Not blurry footage of man handling papers.

Not "I WANTED TO WIN AND WE DIDN'T! WAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

That s**t is suspicious.

Now prove that it happened enough to rig the election in it's entirety.

Quote:
Breaking the Purdah laws, which is releasing new info when some people had voted via post.
Intimidation, which was widespread. MPs stood and told pensioners they'd lose their savings and pensions on a yes vote.

I'm going to need a source on that please.

But if this is the case, it still is not proof of vote-rigging (Unless you are going by some European law wherein that sort of thing counts as rigging.) it's proof of MPs being corrupt.

Now, if we can put aside legal technicallity, I will point out that in a Platonic, World of Ideas argument, that isn't really what I'd call vote-rigging.

It could just piss the pensioners off and make them all vote yes, it could scare them into voting no, they could be so senile that a few days later, they were all going "Eh! You remeber that young man? What was he talking about?" "Which young man?" "Ya know, the one who came by a few days ago? Something about Politics." "Eh, wasn't that my Grandson? He visited me yesterday. Boy is growing up real fast."

Point is - That ain't proof that the vote itself was rigged, because it does not assure a specific outcome, it leaves room for a great many.

Essentially, in my eyes, that's about as much of a rigging as Tim Hudak using "Vote for me or the economy will die" Intimidation techniques.

Or the Liberals countering with "If Civil Servants vote for Tim Hudak, they will lose their jobs" techniques.

This may just be my North American sensibilities showing, but I don't call that vote rigging. I call it standard issue Campaigning.

Quote:
Lying about information. Eg, we were told there would not be enough oil for fifty years, day after referendum, we have 100 years of oil.

(Aside - Are you Scottish? I'll assume ya, what with the "we". From one resource having place to another, completely independent of your referendum, relying on non-renewable resources to keep the ship afloat isn't the best of ideas. 100 years? Good for you. What happens on the 101rst? I recall an old saying, something to the effect of care for seven generations of your descendants and s**t. Oh, and I've heard rumors that the Saudis are using certain business techniques to try to sink the North American oil industry. Essentially, oil is a fickle mistress, and if ones voting yes or no is dependent on the state of that industry, one might be inclined to go no for safety, because sooner or later, you'll get a big old bite right on the ******** a**.)

... Can I ask... Is Europe some political Utopia? Seriously, politicians lying during the Campaign is business as ********' usual here in North America.

Like, if you don't think the men and women on the trail are lying, you are dangerously naive.

But who knows, maybe Tim Hudak really could produce One Million well paying, respectable private sector jobs in four years, and his statistics were in no way complete lies.

Quote:
And the fact is, quite simply, that all these mistakes, that could have caused large scale rigging,

Then to this I say the Scottish are dangerously naieve. Seriously, need to get some damned street smarts.

Essentially, would you say if I came through a Scottish town with a cart full of bottles of snake oil, claiming it could cure cancer, and had a good plant or two who would claim it cured theirs, I'd make millions?

I'm sorry, but you people are living in some freakin' Utopia if lying politicians actually sways your elections, rather than invoking a "Oh ho ho! They're at it again! Would ya get a look at that one?"

Quote:
And the 39000 people who voted no in Dundee? Anonymous voting you say? They simply don't exist.

Prove it. (In advance - Proof will require real, concrete, tactile evidence. Not more talk.)

Quote:
Dundee was militant about its choice.

Maybe that's why these voters are so hard to find.

Quote:
They could not find 150 no voters for a debate audience,

Might have something to do with how militant everyone else was about it.

I'm not going to walk into a blue-collar, tough guy pub and call Rob Ford a lying, crack-head, douche because I don't want to get my teeth kicked in.

Apply the same principle.

Quote:
On another note, huge ego? Didn't your mother ever teach you not to be an ar******?

No. But she did teach me not to be overly sensitive when dealing with cry babies and sore losers.

Continuing with that theme, if nothing else proves that nothing is going to come of this, it's the fact that Alex Jones is (based on the side-bar of the video you linked) waving your banner.

Because when Alex "Y2K IS HAPPENING! WORLD LEADERS ARE DECLARING THE NWO AND TURNING INTO DEMONS!" Jones is on your side, you know ye'r gonna get results.

Just like you knew you were going to win the referendum.

Heyo!

Genius

So Russia's trying to take Scotland, now, too? Interesting.
(*cough cough Chechnya cough cough*)

Ice-Cold Hunter

10,750 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Looking for a new territory are we Russia?

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
"Even if you wish impossible to see what is going on at these tables."

He added that the boxes of ballot papers were left "without any protection"
vote-counters did not check where boxes were being delivered from
"No one here is interested even to those who bring sheets, do not put on any visa documents and signatures on the transfer papers.

So which is it Russia?
You were so far away you couldn't see a damned thing or you have a detailed list of what they were / weren't doing?

I admit that I am old school. When I was growing up Russia was always the 'bad guy".
But even relying on just more recent events it is difficult for me to accept Russia as the fair and impartial defenders of the everyday man on the street and defenders of playing by the rules.

Though, bias aside, I do agree that if there is a rule that says the ballot counting room should only be (specified max size) and the observers have to stay on the side of the room -- and those are supposed to be the standards that apply to everyone -- then they have a point there.

Or you would think folks making the international rules could include some other sort of common sense. Like if the room huge then they put some tape on the floor where the observers are allowed to stand within "X" feet of the actual ballot counting. Something where they can see but are not allowed to interfere. You know.... common sense type of stuff. But sometimes governments (including my own) are not always big on common sense.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff