Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quote:
President Barack Obama has led tributes to US actor and comedian Robin Williams, who has been found dead, aged 63, in an apparent suicide.

Marin County Police in California said Williams was pronounced dead at his home after officials responded to an emergency call around noon local time.

Williams was famous for films such as Good Morning Vietnam and won an Oscar for his role in Good Will Hunting.

His publicist said he had been "battling severe depression".

President Obama was one of many offering condolences to the actor's family saying: "Williams arrived in our lives as an alien - but he ended up touching every element of the human spirit.

"He made us laugh. He made us cry. He gave his immeasurable talent freely and generously to those who needed it most - from our troops stationed abroad to the marginalised on our own streets."

In the past Williams had talked, and even joked, about his struggles with alcohol and drugs.

Article
Very touching.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Lavish Husband

My heart is still broken about this loss.

I'm glad his death is being handled with grace as we remember all the times
he made us laugh or feel good about ourselves or others.

May he rest in peace.

Profitable Hunter

7,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Profitable 100
i will miss him crying
I'm so hurt he's gone. At first I didn't even know what people were talking about and who he was, but when I saw a picture of him, I remembered exactly who he is. I broke down into tears. He was an amazing actor/comedian and will be very missed. I hope he is much happier with God though. crying crying sad

Benevolent Reveler

He was one of America's sweet hearts and you know he was wonderful when not one person has anything bad to say about him. I haven't met one person that wasn't a fan of at least one of his many films. This is truly a great loss to the word but I think the most depressing part of it all was how this great man whom absolutely everyone seems to adore left this world.
When i first heard the news, i immediately thought about the film WHAT DREAMS MAY COME, and had been wanting to watch it. I loved how he was reborn in the end. RIP Robin Williams, you touched so many of us throughout your career. You will be forever missed. cry

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
His death is a tragic story, and it seems to keep getting worse as the days go by. Especially with all the new information that is being released to the public such as the Parkinsons he had.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff