Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Millionaire

12,525 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
A 19-year-old Florida woman pulled a real-life Morello last week when she gained entrance into a St. Augustine home, changed into the home owner's pajamas, made some dinner and then took a casual nap on the couch.

Chancy Layton was discovered asleep by the owners of the property (not, unfortunately three anthropomorphized bears) after she broke into the home last Friday evening. When the owners arrived home at around 2am, Layton was so surprised she took off as fast as her legs could carry her, leaving behind her purse and her passport. (I guess it's kind of a Cinderella, cross-over?)

"Not what I expected to see when I walked into my house. We just stood there a bit, looking at each other, like, 'What do we do?'" Cheryl Petocz said. "There was lots of bottles of wine that she drank. She was clearly not in a clear state. I told her I was calling police. As soon as I said that, she grabbed few things and ran out the house, out the back door."

When police caught up to Layton only a block away, she appeared apologetic and made it clear that she wanted to return the clothes she was wearing to the rightful owner. She also claimed that someone named Jeremy (******** Jeremy) had told her that it would be okay for her to stay at the house and that she could enter through a window. Even if Jeremy exists (police haven't found him), wouldn't you be a little suspicious of a guy who says "Yo, you can stay at this house. The window's unlocked! Just climb on in and make yourself at home. There's a Swanson dinner in the fridge. The kind with a brownie for dessert."

Layton told police that she broke into the home to escape as she had been sleeping outside. Layton has posted an $8,000 bond and has promised to seek medical help for her issues.

Real-Life Goldilocks Falls Asleep During Burglary

Charged Enthusiast

28,825 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Timely Contributor 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
*Just laughs*

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

Did she also eat their porridge and then break their chairs?

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
Yuki_Windira

Was the couch the smallest one in the house and just right? xp

Do kids these days even know how to make porridge? Seems a lot of teens I know barely know how to microwave a frozen dinner, none the less put it in an over which makes it taste slightly better.

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

Silverlight Symphony
Yuki_Windira

Do kids these days even know how to make porridge? Seems a lot of teens I know barely know how to microwave a frozen dinner, none the less put it in an over which makes it taste slightly better.

....They don't know how to use a microwave of all things? o-0;

Or was the tv better in one room or the next?

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
Yuki_Windira
Silverlight Symphony
Yuki_Windira

Lol, they do, I am just saying in a round about way they don't teach kids much these days. Heck I knew one that didn't know how to cook on the stove AT ALL. Like her noodles were half hard, didn't add enough water, decided it was a good idea to mix ranch instead of milk into boxed mac & cheese because she was out of milk (she offered me some, I politely declined, then she took a bite and promptly threw it away at that time). I learned if there was anything that required cooking on the stove and she made it, DON"T EAT IT!!! She was great at baking though... go figure. A lot of younger girls I know don't know how to cook anything except box stuff and sometimes even that is stretching it. With parents time crunches these days with working as much as possible in order to get on by they neglect teaching their kids basic skills like how to cook. One flaw in the not having a Betty homemaker and instead having both parents working jobs and daycare/school for the kids. Hey, don't get me wrong, I like having the freedom to have a job. Just ever since women gained the right to be a part of the work force they decided to increase costs of goods and just costs on everything in general that its hard for only one parent to provide and 2 is a lot more often required in most households to make ends meet.

Was it a kids tv decorated with spongebob or my little pony stickers lol

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

Silverlight Symphony
Yuki_Windira
Silverlight Symphony
Yuki_Windira

Lol, they do, I am just saying in a round about way they don't teach kids much these days. Heck I knew one that didn't know how to cook on the stove AT ALL. Like her noodles were half hard, didn't add enough water, decided it was a good idea to mix ranch instead of milk into boxed mac & cheese because she was out of milk (she offered me some, I politely declined, then she took a bite and promptly threw it away at that time). I learned if there was anything that required cooking on the stove and she made it, DON"T EAT IT!!! She was great at baking though... go figure. A lot of younger girls I know don't know how to cook anything except box stuff and sometimes even that is stretching it. With parents time crunches these days with working as much as possible in order to get on by they neglect teaching their kids basic skills like how to cook. One flaw in the not having a Betty homemaker and instead having both parents working jobs and daycare/school for the kids. Hey, don't get me wrong, I like having the freedom to have a job. Just ever since women gained the right to be a part of the work force they decided to increase costs of goods and just costs on everything in general that its hard for only one parent to provide and 2 is a lot more often required in most households to make ends meet.

o-o; Ewwwwww,that sounded unpleasent,at least it wasn't tater sauce too!

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
Yuki_Windira
Silverlight Symphony
Yuki_Windira
Silverlight Symphony
Yuki_Windira

o-o; Ewwwwww,that sounded unpleasent,at least it wasn't tater sauce too!

Lol, no kidding! I am sure she would have added that *for flavor* if she had it too. I actually learned how to cook watching my mom and making my own *experiments* as a kid. In my generation I am known among friends to be the only female that actually knows how to cook from scratch. Even today... which is pretty sad since I am 30...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff