Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Quote:
Ah, those wacky Russian politicians. If they’re not rigging elections or poisoning political enemies they’re busy trying to make more babies. And Vladimir Putin has come up with the perfect solution: Boyz II Men.

According to the Moscow Times, a concert by the long-past-their-prime ‘90s group will kick off a frenzy of reproduction, which in turn will swell Russia’s population, which will make the country literally a bigger player on the world scene. The 90-minute concert on Feb. 6 is all part of the plan, with the goal of "giving Russian men some inspiration ahead of St. Valentine's Day," according to the article. That's a mighty tall bill for the singers to attempt.

There might be a few flaws in the plan. First off the Times describe Boyz II Men as “the most successful R&B group of all time.” The source? Boyz II Men’s own homepage. I’m guessing a number of artists might take issue with that. Secondly, the Boyz have played Russia in the past and no sexual revolution took place.

So Putin's plan for each family to have at least three children might not get the jump-start he's looking for. But you've got to give him points for creativity. With the late Barry White no longer around to rev the romantic motors, Putin improvised and did what he could to rectify a hard, er, difficult situation.

Source;
http://social.entertainment.msn.com/music/blogs/reverb-blog.aspx?feat=4f947ffd-fae3-497b-96f8-07572433c232

Witty Phantom

Feral Nymph

I'd be interested in having babies if p***y Riot was there. OH WAIT.

Barton Paladin

17,690 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Obviously Putin is planning to release an aphrodisiac into the air during the concert, thus producing the desired baby-making frenzy. Duh.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Whats he thinking I hope he's not thinking of encouraging his Sots and Drug addicts having those kids. Maybe his Fellow Politican and healthy folk yes encourage but not the other no. God no.

Putin, set the example. You need one more at least! Screw that wifey of yours or adopt one more.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Elraine Figarette
Obviously Putin is planning to release an aphrodisiac into the air during the concert, thus producing the desired baby-making frenzy. Duh.

There is no need. Everyone knows that
1. Rock and Roll causes nice young people to suddenly start making babies and
2. If you believe #1 then to you any sort of music that is not from your generation is 'rock and roll'.
These simple 'facts' are obviously why the USA (rock and roll for many decades) has over twice the population of Russia at 314 million compared to 142 million.

I wonder though if he has taken into account the percentage of potential birth defects since obviously every one of those newly pregnant women will also start using drugs when they listen to that modern music.

Frankly the whole story reads more like a satirical piece than real news.

I kind of lol'd when I read
...the long-past-their-prime ‘90s group
What popped into my head was wondering how a band like The Rolling Stones (formed in 1962) feel when the see a 90's group listed as 'long past their prime'. lol

Barton Paladin

17,690 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
David2074
Elraine Figarette

There is no need. Everyone knows that
1. Rock and Roll causes nice young people to suddenly start making babies and
2. If you believe #1 then to you any sort of music that is not from your generation is 'rock and roll'.
These simple 'facts' are obviously why the USA (rock and roll for many decades) has over twice the population of Russia at 314 million compared to 142 million.

I wonder though if he has taken into account the percentage of potential birth defects since obviously every one of those newly pregnant women will also start using drugs when they listen to that modern music.

Frankly the whole story reads more like a satirical piece than real news.

Of course! I'm sorry, I must have done one too many lines of coke. My brain was apparently a little fried.

Quote:
I kind of lol'd when I read
...the long-past-their-prime ‘90s group
What popped into my head was wondering how a band like The Rolling Stones (formed in 1962) feel when the see a 90's group listed as 'long past their prime'. lol

Some bands' primes are longer than others...

Quotable Noob

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Instead of producing more children,they ought to take care of the children in their orphanages or can't they handle them!

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
rawnie14
Instead of producing more children,they ought to take care of the children in their orphanages or can't they handle them!
You Can't handle the kids!!!!

That's basically it, right?

Can't they just play Barry White CDs 24 hrs a day in all major cities or something?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff