Welcome to Gaia! ::

Big Member

10,675 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Brandisher 100
I can't remember where I read it, but I recall a story where police entered a family's home to search for drugs. They tore up the house during their investigation, and shot/killed the pet dog. Then it turned out they had the wrong address.

Lonely Nerd

xdivision_whitey
Alexander J Luthor
xdivision_whitey
Alexander J Luthor
Rhea Byrne
xdivision_whitey
so can Kids doesn't mean we shoot them.

Little kids aren't nearly as inclined to bite as little dogs are.

Dude, I met my six month old cousin a couple weeks ago. She fell forward sitting on my uncle's lap and instead of trying to push herself up just started gumming the hand that caught her. Little kids are just as inclined to bite, you just don't expect it to hurt. There was news a few weeks ago about a baby that died, but not before infecting her father and brother with the rabies that killed her. She bit them both.
I forgot about that case.
It never said how she got it, which is freaky.
I wonder if you can get it like Ebola.

i don't believe you can - otherwise ebola would have a known, definite cause
la la la rabies = saliva/blood of infected animal into your mouth, bruise, open wound, ect

Omnipresent Warlord

Alexander J Luthor
Omnileech
Alexander J Luthor
Ironic that killing pet-labeled animals without any hesitation, without any remorse, and without any immediate danger surrounding the situation is considered a homicidal tendency... unless you're a cop, that is.

I may have to donate to make sure this happens.

That's because Cops don't shoot dogs for fun, they shoot them to eliminate a potential threat. Which has been taken to a ridiculous extreme of some cops preemptively eliminating threats instead of acting in response to them and being cops, they get a large amount of leeway because training replacement cops is expensive and time-consuming.

There are stories of little dogs getting killed. If you can look at a seven pound dog and fear for your life, you shouldn't be in a job that requires you to defend people.

They don't fear for their life, they wish to avoid any potential injury.
Rhea Byrne
xdivision_whitey
Rhea Byrne
Alexander J Luthor
Omnileech
Alexander J Luthor
Ironic that killing pet-labeled animals without any hesitation, without any remorse, and without any immediate danger surrounding the situation is considered a homicidal tendency... unless you're a cop, that is.

That's because Cops don't shoot dogs for fun, they shoot them to eliminate a potential threat. Which has been taken to a ridiculous extreme of some cops preemptively eliminating threats instead of acting in response to them and being cops, they get a large amount of leeway because training replacement cops is expensive and time-consuming.

There are stories of little dogs getting killed. If you can look at a seven pound dog and fear for your life, you shouldn't be in a job that requires you to defend people.

A seven pound dog can still carry rabies and other nasty diseases.
so can Kids doesn't mean we shoot them.

Little kids aren't nearly as inclined to bite as little dogs are.

I hate to jump in, because I usually hate participating in these kinds of forums, but I feel like I should point out that there are many kids who do have a habit of biting. I worked with kids with autism and like disorders and was scratched, spit on, and bit from time to time by the more behavioral kids. It wasn't uncommon at all.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
the wayward knight
xdivision_whitey
Alexander J Luthor
xdivision_whitey
Alexander J Luthor

Dude, I met my six month old cousin a couple weeks ago. She fell forward sitting on my uncle's lap and instead of trying to push herself up just started gumming the hand that caught her. Little kids are just as inclined to bite, you just don't expect it to hurt. There was news a few weeks ago about a baby that died, but not before infecting her father and brother with the rabies that killed her. She bit them both.
I forgot about that case.
It never said how she got it, which is freaky.
I wonder if you can get it like Ebola.

i don't believe you can - otherwise ebola would have a known, definite cause
la la la rabies = saliva/blood of infected animal into your mouth, bruise, open wound, ect
Ebola does have a known, definite cause:
Quote:
Ebola is introduced into the human population through close contact with the blood, secretions, organs or other bodily fluids of infected animals. In Africa, infection has been documented through the handling of infected chimpanzees, gorillas, fruit bats, monkeys, forest antelope and porcupines found dead or ill in the rainforest.

Later Ebola spreads in the community through human-to-human transmission, resulting from close contact with the blood, secretions, organs or other bodily fluids of infected people. Burial ceremonies where mourners have direct contact with the body of the deceased person can also play a role in the transmission of Ebola. Transmission via infected semen can occur up to seven weeks after clinical recovery.
http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs103/en/

And you can't get rabies from a bruise unless the skin on the bruise is broken.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Omnileech
Alexander J Luthor
Omnileech
Alexander J Luthor

Yes, potential injury. I've run into a lot of angry dogs and I never got bit. No bullets involved. It's called having common sense.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Omnileech
Alexander J Luthor
Omnileech
Alexander J Luthor

Sounds to me like "police officer" might have been the wrong career choice for someone worried about risking injury at work. I mean, would you consider it to be reasonable for someone to join the fire department then decide that they wish to avoid going near any burning buildings?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff