Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sweet Humorist

15,425 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Informer 100
Quote:
Erin Wotherspoon Serial Dating For Free Restaurant Meals
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Her motto is simple: Do whatever it takes to go on dates with men( and even women) and eat at some of Toronto's fanciest spots. For free.

According to Toronto Life, 23-year-old struggling actress Erin Wotherspoon has a 48-restaurant-long wishlist of some of the city's finest dining spots. But she knows they don't come cheap.

"I’ve got a pretty face and a pretty extensive Urban Spoon wishlist. We all know that getting what you want in life can be tough. Which is why I’ve decided to let someone else finance my dreams. My dream? To eat in pretty restaurants without costing me a penny," she writes on her personal blog. "You had me at elk tartare, lost me at chin strap. Follow me to learn who I screw over, bang and love as I navigate Toronto’s diners, drive-ins and dives."

Wotherspoon's blog posts include snippets of her dates. In her latest, she describes a visit to an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet where she wore sweats and ate unidentifiable sushi. She says the date was a "meal well wasted."

More of her blog entries describe pretending to be Jewish to land a date on J Date (a Jewish dating site) and a time someone asked her to split the bill. After spending her own money, Wotherspoon even added she would probably stick to dating guys who are "fresh off the boat and literally have no friend based established in the country yet."

Wotherspoon's antics have received a lot of attention online.

One Toronto Life commenter, Rishi Sethi, said, "Oh please. Men have been duping women into dates just to get laid forever," while an anonymous commenter said, "I just can't wait for a guy to take her to a super expensive resto and then dine and dash on her leaving her to pick up the bill which she can't afford." Another 280 comments also appeared in a Reddit thread, asking Toronto men to "watch out."

And her take on all this? "Don’t be such a university student about this. Let’s give it some time before we get all psychoanalysis freudian oedipus complex shame base egocentric feminist on this one. These guys should feel honoured by this open invitation to date me."

from her blog:
4th Aug 2013
While you’re searching for your soulmate I’m scoping the scene for foie gras.

My name is Erin, I am 23 years old, I am a struggling actress. Woe is me.I’ve decided to become a serial dater to fulfill my Toronto restaurant hit list. I’ve always said if I wasn’t an actor I’d be a food critic or an art collector or a criminal psychologist. The plan? Join a slew of dating sites to find a man, any man, even a woman to finance this delectable venture into the maze of Toronto’s hottest resto nabes. I’ve worked in plenty of restaurants, over 15 to be vaguely exact. Although my record of long-term employment in these tasty watering holes is a whopping 2.5 months. I consider myself more of a be sat & be served type of gal, as opposed to the whole stand up & serve someone else bullshit. Follow me on my journey!

hm....I think we got a Scumbag Stacy of the year award winner.

Loyal Exhibitionist

There's always going to be guys falling for a pretty face, and if you lay on the charm thick enough you can easily get away with not paying anything for a meal, expensive or not. Erin is just simply taking advantage of this.

Men. Thinking with their penises and not with their brains. - .-

Also, she worked in "over 15 to be vaguely exact" restaurants and she is only 23? Uh. Methinks she was just trying to mooch off free food.
Shaman Slate
Quote:

And her take on all this? "These guys should feel honoured by this open invitation to date me."

hm....I think we got a Scumbag Stacy of the year award winner.

Yeah, ******** hell. Honored? To buy you food? ******** no. This is why I don't wine and dine them hos.
Hasuki Aatisuto

stare Not our faults. HER FAULT.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Gin And Puff
Hasuki Aatisuto

Yeah yeah. Deny the responsibility of your own actions.
Nyadriel
Gin And Puff
Hasuki Aatisuto

Yeah yeah. Deny the responsibility of your own actions.

What responsibility? What actions? I've never bought a girl dinner in my entire life. Probably never will.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I’ve decided to let someone else finance my dreams.
Follow me to learn who I screw over, bang and love as I navigate Toronto’s diners, drive-ins and dives."

So she's basically a prostitute who doesn't always have sex...

More of her blog entries describe pretending to be Jewish to land a date on J Date

And a liar...

These guys should feel honoured by this open invitation to date me

And a narcissist...

"Don’t be such a university student about this. Let’s give it some time before we get all psychoanalysis freudian oedipus complex shame base egocentric feminist on this one.

But she doesn't want to be judged for it.
Classy woman
Bonus lulz for throwing a bunch of big words into that last quote and thinking that makes her look smart.
And by "give it some time" I assume she means "until just after the check has come and you've paid it"? smile

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

I hate people like her,they think they can get away with anything since they're 'oh so gorgeous'. :/

Evolved Hunter

Yuki_Windira
I hate people like her,they think they can get away with anything since they're 'oh so gorgeous'. :/

Joke will be on them if they don't age gracefully. External beauty only lasts so long.

Quote:
And her take on all this? "Don’t be such a university student about this. Let’s give it some time before we get all psychoanalysis freudian oedipus complex shame base egocentric feminist on this one. These guys should feel honoured by this open invitation to date me."

Reminds me of when I was 11 years old and thought calling someone a "c**k-sucking ******** mother-banging slut" was the epitome of insults. Just a string of words meant to sound "intelligent" and/or intimidating.
I hope she fully embraces being a prostitute and puts out for the guys who buy her these meals.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Hasuki Aatisuto

Also, she worked in "over 15 to be vaguely exact" restaurants and she is only 23? Uh. Methinks she was just trying to mooch off free food.
You don't seriously believe that all restaurants feed their staff for free, do you? Based on my experiences in food service such establishments are few and far between. While I have never worked at one that did not offer employees a discounted meal, 3 (out of a vague dozen) gave us free food, one let us choose from a very small selection of menu items (nothing with meat), one made staff meals heavily featuring instant ramen (Benihana, which also gives its servers only 17% of their tips) and one small family place that let us eat any meal we wished.

Loyal Exhibitionist

Ratttking
Hasuki Aatisuto

You don't seriously believe that all restaurants feed their staff for free, do you? Based on my experiences in food service such establishments are few and far between. While I have never worked at one that did not offer employees a discounted meal, 3 (out of a vague dozen) gave us free food, one let us choose from a very small selection of menu items (nothing with meat), one made staff meals heavily featuring instant ramen (Benihana, which also gives its servers only 17% of their tips) and one small family place that let us eat any meal we wished.

No, I do not expect restaurants to give food to their employees for free. A discount, sure, but not for free.

What I'm trying to say is that she was probably hired to work in the restaurant and then bailed when she realized that she couldn't get food for free.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Hasuki Aatisuto
Ratttking
Hasuki Aatisuto

No, I do not expect restaurants to give food to their employees for free. A discount, sure, but not for free.

What I'm trying to say is that she was probably hired to work in the restaurant and then bailed when she realized that she couldn't get food for free.
She would have realized that the first day she worked there, and one thinks she might have stopped applying at restaurants well before she worked at 15 of them if that were her reasoning.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
If guys are stupid enough to buy her a meal, then it's their fault. You get what you pay for, and in this case, they paid for a stupid, shallow, and vain creature to eat.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Blood Valkyrie
If guys are stupid enough to buy her a meal, then it's their fault. You get what you pay for, and in this case, they paid for a stupid, shallow, and vain creature to eat.

Sometimes on a first date you don't know the person is 'stupid, shallow and vain'.
Or are you also calling all women who ever have a bad first date "stupid"? For people who are not just looking for a one night stand the purpose of dating is to get to know the person better. Sometimes you can tell a person is not right for you before you ever go out with them. Sometimes you can't - especially if they are willing to lie and put on an act to get what they want.

Though I don't have any sympathy for anyone who reads her blog and still goes out with her.

I wonder if it has occurred to this woman that she may be making herself a target by publicly blogging about how she lies to men just to use them. She's not the only human that can lie or put on a front. There may be some woman hating killer out there looking for the next woman who 'deserves it' and thinks to himself, "Yeah, she'll do". At the very least, intentionally dating tons of people increases her chances of coming across a nutter.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff