Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Millionaire

12,525 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
Team We, one of China's earliest and largest professional e-sports groups, is now expanding its base, this time by directly nurturing new up and coming players in its own e-sports training camp in Shanghai.

In a release sent out by Team We and published on various Chinese news sites, the team confirms that their new Shanghai-based e-sports campus is now open for sign ups. Previously, Kotaku reported that a Chinese e-sports outfit was working on a boot camp—now, it turns out, Team We is also in the mix. In the same location no less!

The boot camp, located near the college town portion of Shanghai, has everything from classrooms to dorms.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Judging from the photos, the conditions at Team We's bootcamp look much better than those found at the average Chinese university campus. The five story standalone building's dorm rooms alone put top tier Chinese universities to shame.

According to Team We's statement, the future of Chinese e-sports isn't in winning championships, sponsors, or prize money, but rather new talent. Which makes sense, since the talent win championships and draw in sponsors. It's also unknown how Team We will select its students, or how much it'll charge for tuition. That said, we have translated Team We's application:

Pro-Gaming Team Opens E-Sports Training Center in Shanghai

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
Damn.

I really want this in America.

I'd apply!
Brb moving countries.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
I wanted to see which games they were working with.

eSports suggest Move. We suggest Wii U. These are games that require physical movement as part of the gameplay. So physical exercise and training reaction time would make sense

However, right now the students enrolling will be trained in League of Legends.

That seems pathetic to me.

Timid Conversationalist

When can I move there?

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Cupcakes HD on youtube
Sailor Tin Nyanko
I wanted to see which games they were working with.

eSports suggest Move. We suggest Wii U. These are games that require physical movement as part of the gameplay. So physical exercise and training reaction time would make sense

However, right now the students enrolling will be trained in League of Legends.

That seems pathetic to me.
League of legends is pathetic, StarCraft 2 is where its at, try controlling 100 units at once LoL gamers! lol.

But why e-sports games, generally like Call of Duty, League of Legends, Dota. They cannot be done in real life, if they wanted physical movement involved they would be a real sport, and they would need to record the screen and their hand movements, which is just silly cant watch both at the same time, its much easier to commentate in game following different players around.

Except LoL has more money involved cuz its slightly free to play and easy to learnt hey get alot more gamers, and then theres actual legitimate team dynamics study, which means they can enroll more people at once than say SC2. LoL has offered highest amount in tournaments, and before them it was Starcraft 2 at 100k I think, I don't recall.

I can think of games that combine Movement and Video Game. Such as Just Dance, Sports Champions, and even Wii Bowling. Those all could qualify on some level as Sports & Electronic.

Dancing Game

Archery

Bowling

Magnetic Millionaire

12,525 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
Cupcakes HD on youtube
LoL has offered highest amount in tournaments, and before them it was Starcraft 2 at 100k I think, I don't recall.

Nope, Dota 2 has LoL beat since last year at the very earliest:

Winning LoL team at world championship received $1 million USD

Winning Dota 2 team at The International received $1.4 million USD

then the difference in prize money became even greater this year:

Winning LoL team at world championship still received only $1 million USD

Winning Dota 2 team at The International received $5 million USD

That means every man who played on the winning Dota 2 team this year got a cool million dollars just by splitting the grand prize money equally! eek

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff