Welcome to Gaia! ::

Time-traveling Senshi

xdivision_whitey
Chibi Halo
          So she went and got him some Charlotte's Web oil. This stuff doesn't even have the properties in it that induce a high at all and the growers of this strain of marijuana are making specifically for children with epilepsy and severe pain. There's actually clinical studies going on in Colorado now to see if this specific strain of the plant is really effective for treating the medical issues these young patients have. States with Medical Marijuana laws should also include the growth and use of this strain of the plant so more young people can be given the oil to ease their pain and stop their seizures. If this stuff is working then it needs to be turned into a legal FDA regulated prescription medicine for pain and seizures.

I agree with this so long as it passes the study and is given standards like any other drug. You know exceeds no more than 2 teaspoons a day...8 pills in 24 hour period.

Also the Mother should have moved to CO so their wouldn't be an issue.

That move is not the easiest thing to do though. Having a job out there before you even move is very key. Then comes finding a place to live near that job and school transfers and yeah that can take months or maybe even years depending on the situation. I'm basing all of that on my cousin's situation.

Even with her husband being transferred out there to Denver because of his position with the United Pilot's union it was still well over a year maybe more before the entire family could make the move. It took a long time to find what town they wanted to live in, a new school for their two kids, whether they wanted an existing home or new construction, where they were going to live as the house was being built, and dealing with the delays they had in finally getting into their new house out there. It was nearly seven months after they moved out there last July that they were finally able to move into their house.

I'm not saying the parents (the article didn't really mention the father) shouldn't look into that option because their son desperately needs Charlotte's Web oil just that it's not going to be the quick fix to the issue no matter how much of a no brainer it is.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Chibi Halo
          So she went and got him some Charlotte's Web oil. This stuff doesn't even have the properties in it that induce a high at all and the growers of this strain of marijuana are making specifically for children with epilepsy and severe pain. There's actually clinical studies going on in Colorado now to see if this specific strain of the plant is really effective for treating the medical issues these young patients have. States with Medical Marijuana laws should also include the growth and use of this strain of the plant so more young people can be given the oil to ease their pain and stop their seizures. If this stuff is working then it needs to be turned into a legal FDA regulated prescription medicine for pain and seizures.

Your link does not work for me but I did find it.
Charlott's Web Wiki
(sigh)... and my link is not working either. I think the apostrophe is somehow throwing it off by adding a weird character or something.
Anyone who wants to read it (and is having the same problem I am) just go to wikipedia, search on Charlotte's Web and choose the Charlotte's Web (cannabis) option.

As to allowing its growth - my state (WA) indirectly already does.
As noted in the article this is just a strain of marijuana that is high in cannaboids and low in THC. It's not the only one. The marijuana stores here have different strains for sale which either emphasize cannaboids or THC. So it's the sativa breeds or the (forgot what they are called) other ones. Both have their uses. As a generalized thing it depends on whether you want it for physical pain or for mood enhancement.

In WA any adult can purchase from the recreational stores. At first this was strictly flower but they recently added consumables (pot laced food products). You can also purchase vaporizer products now (pot oil in one of those e-cigarette type things). AFAIK you can not purchase a bottle of infused oil at this time but not sure. You can not grow your own under recreational.

If you get a medical marijuana card - which from what I hear is not too difficult if you have any legitimate reason - then more products are available to you. Medical has had the consumables and such available to it for a long time. Medical also allows you to grow your own for personal use. I think someone told me the limit was 15 plants but I'm not positive about that.

So in this story if the son was an adult he could easily get medical status but they do not have that here for children. At least I don't think they do. While it is nice the mom is trying things for her son her current dilemma was easily predictable. Her son has a long severe history and the article states they tried 18 different medications to manage the pain. It's pretty obvious that when suddenly he is much improved people are going to start asking questions. Easy answer is to say they should have just moved to a legal state but there may be many factors in their lives that make that very difficult to do. Sadly this is one of those situations where she will probably be convicted on the letter of the law even if the judge / jury are sympathetic to her reasons. She crossed state lines, she purchased with the intent of giving it to someone else (which may or may not count as "distribution" ) and she knowingly and intentionally gave an illegal drug to a minor. Hopefully they will be lenient on the sentencing.
The irony is that if she gets max sentence there is a decent chance that most of what she did would be legal by the time she got out of prison.

5,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
It's all very unfortunate, there needs to be a way out of this but I heard one of the makers of this product got himself in jail. It all comes down to big corporate that are selling junk medicine that are only creating other side effects which trigger more dependency to pharmaceutical products.

In my own city two large food markets are out of business and those large buildings have not been leased for over 7 years while I have seen close to 7 pharmaceutical shops open.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff