Welcome to Gaia! ::

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
KetamineRose
Jewish by ethnicity, but I am born-again Christian. I believe the pope is highly misguided, and I don't care for him at all .Though I am not Catholic, nor do I believe in Catholicism, I am saddened that he doesn't stick to his religion even though he is supposedly God in a human body or whatever (correct me if I'm wrong...) But I dunno; I think he's radically wrong for the job even though I don't believe in half of Catholicism anyway; I feel sorry for Catholics that this is the head honcho currently.

What I'm getting from this post:

GRAHGRAHGRAHchangeisbaaaaaadGRAHGRAHGRAH

He is correcting s**t now. You cannot say Harry Potter is the devil and burn your child's books, then take them to Sunday school where they learn that god magically made the earth and everything on it in seven days, 6,000 years ago. He's more like Jesus than 90% of the popes we've had since Jesus. To say that he's the wrong man for the job because he's not following a book written, not by god, but by men and that has been constantly altered by men is ridiculous.

Sugary Cat

Well nice, how about compensating all those little boys raped by perverted priests next? That would be nice.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
*still laughing weeks later* I'm gonna be laughing to and in the grave over this.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Morbid Gnome
xXFurygeistXx
*still laughing about this* rofl I'm gonna be cackling about this on my deathbed. Ahahaha, at least this pope is able to put aside his personal belief in order to lead the church to a more...enlightened...state of mind. Even if it does get their lily white knickers all in a twist. lol
Pius XII said that believing in evolution was okay back in 1950. John Paul II, who was pope from the late 70s until 2005, said that evolution was true. Same thing for the last pope, Benedict XVI.

A pope declaring that evolution is cool isn't news and hasn't been for decades. It's only news to people who are totally unfamiliar with what past popes have said.
Huh, didn't know that. Maybe people will listen to this pope. Likely won't, but it's nice to dream.

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Gregor Mendel, the pioneer of genetics was an Augustinian friar.

William of Ockham , the creator of the methodological principle called "Ockham's Razor" was a Franciscan Friar.

And they are not the only cleric-scientists the Catholic church has produced, there are literally hundreds of clerics who made important contributions to science.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Roman_Catholic_cleric-scientists

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces