Welcome to Gaia! ::

Apocalyptic Codger

19,050 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
cute story! And as an added plus, if you're like me and hate watching videos in news articles, the actual article is word for word from the video. Dog and cat are cute so video is worth watching

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/23673292/pitbull

Quote:
SEMINOLE (FOX 13) -

They were brought together by second chances; now Kitty has a third, thanks to Jack.

"He probably feels like he's the caretaker. He checks on her every day and sniffs her, seeing what kind of shape she is in," said Sherree Lewis.

The two are family pets, and both were rescues. Sherree watches over her son Peter's dog while Peter is deployed in Afghanistan. She never imagined Jack would become the family's second hero.

"As I was walking to the door, I could see the coyotes over here," she pointed out.

It happened in an instant at the Seminole neighborhood.

"One had her by the neck and the other had her by the tail," she recalled.

Two coyotes had Kitty and were shaking her violently, but Jack was ready for a fight.

"I didn't know Jack could run that fast. He was on them so fast," she said.

Jack got the coyotes to drop Kitty and she was rushed to a vet.

"She can't walk yet, but she is getting there," said Lewis.

Kitty has a broken tooth and is being treated for brain swelling. She is lucky compared to other stories circulating the neighborhood.

"Maybe another cat came up missing and then somebody's little dog went missing," said Lewis.

Sherrie and her family called a trapper, who is working on setting up traps in the mangroves behind their house. That is the area the coyotes ran to and that is where they believe they are living.

"He likes other dogs he wouldn't have done that if there were dogs out there. It was like he knew the difference," she said.

Jack now stands guard on the lookout for the coyotes to return, and never leaving the side of his best friend.

"Jack is a hero. He saved the kitty's life and he just shows how good dogs can be. Big dogs can protect you, especially if something like this happens," she said.

Pinellas County Animal Rescue warns residents to keep cats and dogs inside at night if there are coyotes in the area.

Read more: http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/23673292/pitbull#ixzz2hZs7rFyn
Follow us: @myfoxtampabay on Twitter | FOX13TampaBay on Facebook

Sexy Goat

30,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Yet another positive pit bull story. I need to start advocating for them since they seem to be the best kind of dog breed out there.

Apocalyptic Codger

19,050 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Mathew Mii
Yet another positive pit bull story. I need to start advocating for them since they seem to be the best kind of dog breed out there.

They can be pretty awesome. Like all dogs you need to get them from either a good shelter or breeder and make sure their temperament mixes well with those who are going to be around it. Shelters tend to be cautious with them so usually they are very good about not adopting out the food aggressive ones and will warn you of behavior issues I've found. Rescues are good too since they are especially trying to battle the stigma around pits so it is a good bet they will warn you of issues and give you tips on how to handle them.

I love them since I found out they are considered America's utility dog. Do everything from protect the animals to guard the baby. Such loyal little guys, which is why they need good owners. Like most dogs they will try to please their owner and that means they sometimes get abused and misused.

Sexy Goat

30,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
E.Beth
Mathew Mii

They can be pretty awesome. Like all dogs you need to get them from either a good shelter or breeder and make sure their temperament mixes well with those who are going to be around it. Shelters tend to be cautious with them so usually they are very good about not adopting out the food aggressive ones and will warn you of behavior issues I've found. Rescues are good too since they are especially trying to battle the stigma around pits so it is a good bet they will warn you of issues and give you tips on how to handle them.

I love them since I found out they are considered America's utility dog. Do everything from protect the animals to guard the baby. Such loyal little guys, which is why they need good owners. Like most dogs they will try to please their owner and that means they sometimes get abused and misused.

Rescues always make the greatest pets. An example, my cockatiel Maddy. His owner abused him and we noticed how one of his orange cheeks were missing. He's doing fine now and he's the funniest bird I ever had (he copies my cat's meow and says, "Here kitty kitty kitty" wink .

I would love to have a pit bull in my life.
Dogs don't care about species. Their pack is their pack and they will attack anything that threatens it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff