Welcome to Gaia! ::

GunsmithKitten
Bokee Gngr
GunsmithKitten
Bokee Gngr

Actually, Racism was as bad in the North as the south and yes it was still going on for years on. This is a fact. In fact, way up into the 70's it was still an unwritten law of segregation in places in the north. Those suggesting such a thing are those who know the facts (including many northerners who have stories of their own) Also, there were lynchings in the North..of course it is not ok to talk about those... From things my northern family have told me there are even places today that require blacks to be across a river bridge after 10pm...not so in the south now.

You haven't been through much of the South, girl. I know the places where the shitkickers look for any uppity "******" to give them an excuse to start something. I know the particular old roads you don't go to, the pool halls and roadhouses where if you aren't white and southern and local, you don't walk out. I got ******** Klansmen, the real deal, as customers in the store. My own boss talks about how he loved pummeling "uppity niggers" in school.

Yea, the people up north won't talk about the lynchings, down in some parts here in Blue Ridge Mountain country, people BRAG about it!

I have grown up in the south with much of my family being born and raised in the north. I have witnessed racism etc. in all areas and history doesn't disagree with me.

I don't live in the north, so I'm taking the words of others on it for the most part.

But don't you DARE tell me what goes on the south, especially in southwest Virginia, southern West Virginia, east Kentucky, and northeast Tennessee.

Racism exists where I live is racists in a subliminal way. My parents hate Barrack Obama for being half black and feel he was elected upon "racial bias". Many racists often try to convince you that they're not racists or allude to how they have a friend of another race thus they're not.

It's more in the poorer regions of my state where it exists to people with a lesser education and a older demographics that it exists far more.

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
UF6
GunsmithKitten
Bokee Gngr
GunsmithKitten
Bokee Gngr

Actually, Racism was as bad in the North as the south and yes it was still going on for years on. This is a fact. In fact, way up into the 70's it was still an unwritten law of segregation in places in the north. Those suggesting such a thing are those who know the facts (including many northerners who have stories of their own) Also, there were lynchings in the North..of course it is not ok to talk about those... From things my northern family have told me there are even places today that require blacks to be across a river bridge after 10pm...not so in the south now.

You haven't been through much of the South, girl. I know the places where the shitkickers look for any uppity "******" to give them an excuse to start something. I know the particular old roads you don't go to, the pool halls and roadhouses where if you aren't white and southern and local, you don't walk out. I got ******** Klansmen, the real deal, as customers in the store. My own boss talks about how he loved pummeling "uppity niggers" in school.

Yea, the people up north won't talk about the lynchings, down in some parts here in Blue Ridge Mountain country, people BRAG about it!

I have grown up in the south with much of my family being born and raised in the north. I have witnessed racism etc. in all areas and history doesn't disagree with me.

I don't live in the north, so I'm taking the words of others on it for the most part.

But don't you DARE tell me what goes on the south, especially in southwest Virginia, southern West Virginia, east Kentucky, and northeast Tennessee.

Racism exists where I live is racists in a subliminal way. My parents hate Barrack Obama for being half black and feel he was elected upon "racial bias". Many racists often try to convince you that they're not racists or allude to how they have a friend of another race thus they're not.

It's more in the poorer regions of my state where it exists to people with a lesser education and a older demographics that it exists far more.
Indeed, I wish more racists would admit to what one rather stupid one (stupid because his views make little sense-gay atheist republican, holocaust denying, white supremacist Hispanic) did-he said he was a racist towards minorities in general but he would make exceptions for individuals.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
AliKat1988
UF6
GunsmithKitten
Bokee Gngr
GunsmithKitten
Bokee Gngr

Indeed, I wish more racists would admit to what one rather stupid one (stupid because his views make little sense-gay atheist republican, holocaust denying, white supremacist Hispanic) did-he said he was a racist towards minorities in general but he would make exceptions for individuals.
Him again? LMAO. The more you tell me about him the funnier he sounds.
Media only emphasized one part of the interview. Don't believe everything that comes from the media. If I were a television star and the media just so happened to have caught pictures of me dancing, everyone would say I was dancing dirty. If I were a singer and I sang something like, "Here's to a good time!", everyone would think I am singing about getting drunk and making out with guys. In other words, media is like, "Oh my gosh, we got something juicy here, something that will make a real riot!" However, little does the media know, when it is said that so and so has some kind of mental issue or such and such went on at such and such place, people automatically are like, "Ummm...okay, so now I know not to listen to that music again." or magazine or whatever it is.

Enduring Survivor

17,575 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
GunsmithKitten
Bokee Gngr
GunsmithKitten
Bokee Gngr

No one to my knowledge has told you what goes on in those areas today. The only time they've been mentioned is from history/past days. However two of those areas I'm very familiar with and one is very close to where I spent the majority of my childhood.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff