Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Raider

Maybe the pet owner should send PETA several coolers filled with Omaha steaks.

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
This Isnt Sparta
PETA makes no sense whatsoever. You want to save animals...yet you kill them...

Im starting to think PETA is a haven for psychopaths that just want an excuse to kill an animal.

They would rather an animal die than let it be a pet. It's ridiculous but they really don't care about an animals well being it's all about the message.

Apocalyptic Comrade

28,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hero 100
You don't sue PETA. They can get and likely have gotten away with numerous counts of homicide in the first degree. What you do is target the specific individuals and then take all the allegations as a source of 'questionable associates' advocating for a goal that seems to have blind justice on it's side.

DraconicImpulse's Partner

Loyal Prophet

9,925 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Bookworm 100
Silverlight Symphony
Silenced Nocturne
Good FSM!

This is honestly why I have zero respect for them. Actually I abhor them.

I once read that PETA euthanizes over 80% of the animals that come under their care. I don't like PETA at all and its BS that they get away with so much. They probably thought they could get away with this because the dogs owner has a somewhat scrubby looking place. Didn't think he would have cameras I bet. I support those against animal abuse. PETA says they try to prevent animal abuse... I call bs on them. They are also big time hypocrites. One of the head speakers has animal parts in her brain (I can't remember what exactly, but it she needed the surgery to stay alive. It was cow capillaries or something or other), she says don't use animal parts, or consume animals parts. But its OK for her to use them, because by that cow sacrificing itself for her, she is able to save many more animals lives (just anyone else she says should die rather then do the same thing). How the heck are they even able to have followers is beyond me... Sorry, I have a lot of vitriol for them.

PETA opposes the no kill movement, and, according to their most recent filling with The Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VDACS), euthanized 89% of the animals that ended up at their shelter. According to VDACS, PETA took 3,061 animals into its shelters in 2006, of which 2,981 were euthanized, 12 were adopted, and 46 were released to other shelters.

-Wikipedia

Quotable Prophet

It's not that I actually like or respect PETA, but the way that article uses the words "reportedly", "allegedly", and "insist" when reporting the events leaves me somewhat suspicious.

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Nobody Famous
It's not that I actually like or respect PETA, but the way that article uses the words "reportedly", "allegedly", and "insist" when reporting the events leaves me somewhat suspicious.

Until they are actually charged and convicted it's all allegedly and such. It's just legal talk.

Quotable Prophet

Malee
Nobody Famous

Until they are actually charged and convicted it's all allegedly and such. It's just legal talk.

I get that, but there's just a bit too much of it in the article, and some of the other articles I've read about this. I don't know, I could understand it if it was just the guy reporting it, but if he had the video footage showing it, you'd think they'd word it differently as more of a certainty. I mean, even the KFC hoax wasn't nearly this blatant in the wording of the uncertainty.

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
A mali
Mmmmmm...fruit. What's this? An bright juicy apple. Fantastic! Thanks little old crone from PETA.

Does PETA mean Pet Annihilators then?

Psychopaths euthanize terrific animals: PETA

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Nobody Famous
Malee
Nobody Famous

I get that, but there's just a bit too much of it in the article, and some of the other articles I've read about this. I don't know, I could understand it if it was just the guy reporting it, but if he had the video footage showing it, you'd think they'd word it differently as more of a certainty. I mean, even the KFC hoax wasn't nearly this blatant in the wording of the uncertainty.

If they aren't charged and convicted the author is likely using these words so PETA won't sick their legal team on them for slander or some other bullshit.
so why did they do this? is this like when my neighbor stole my sick cat to have it put down, in some idiotic act of self righteousness?

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
I always did hate them, and now I just hate them even more.

Can anything be done to stop these a**-hats?

Witty Conversationalist

PETA is known for this. I’m not surprised. PETA will kill anything in order to save it. If it isn’t free by their own opinion of the word then they will do the job themselves. They think of it as a form of mercy killing.

Egh . . .

Sexy Goat

30,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
A mali
Mmmmmm...fruit. What's this? An bright juicy apple. Fantastic! Thanks little old crone from PETA.

Does PETA mean Pet Annihilators then?

How about "People Eliminating Tame Animals?"

As someone who lost a childhood cat that died violently, ******** PETA.

Opinionated Lunatic

17,075 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cart Raider 100
PETA believes animals are better dead than enslaved to humans. Being a pet is a fate worse than death in PETA's eyes. I personally think it's insane and abhorrent, but you should know the logic that drives those fanatics.

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PETA's filled with hypocritical assholes who see pets as slaves. Dogs are loyal to people, and cats are hardly slaves when they still do their own thing despite being domesticated. I can only imagine what they think of the pets that actually can't survive on their own in the wild, for one reason or another.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff