Welcome to Gaia! ::

I found this on animenewsnetwork.com and thought to share it, and I did play the game a bit.....

Run...

Link to the Game:Pokemon

The animal rights group PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) released a Pokémon Black & Blue parody browser game on Monday. The website describes the game as follows: "For generations, Pokémon have suffered at the hands of their cruel trainers. Help PETA free Pikachu and his Pokémon friends as they struggle for Pokémon liberation!"

The browser game's website also contains a statement from PETA regarding its stance on the Pokémon video game and anime franchise. The statement is as follows:

Much like animals in the real world, Pokémon are treated as unfeeling objects and used for such things as human entertainment and as subjects in experiments. The way that Pokémon are stuffed into pokéballs is similar to how circuses chain elephants inside railroad cars and let them out only to perform confusing and often painful tricks that were taught using sharp steel-tipped bullhooks and electric shock prods …if PETA existed in Unova, our motto would be: Pokémon are not ours to use or abuse. They exist for their own reasons. We believe that this is the message that should be sent to children.

Nintendo released the Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 video games in North America on Sunday.

In November 2011, PETA launched a "Mario Kills Tanooki" campaign. PETA asserted at that time that "in real life, tanuki are raccoon dogs who are skinned alive for their fur. By wearing Tanooki, Mario is sending the message that it's OK to wear fur." The group also launched a Flash-based Super Tanooki 2D Skin game. PETA later said that the campaign was "tongue-in-cheek" after Nintendo responded to the campaign.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
This is the game where animals are captured and forced to fight each other, right? I see it as no different than dogfighting or cockfighting, except that it is a fictional portrayal of animal abuse.

Enduring Gaian

13,875 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PETA; it's the real life version of team Plasma.

Vicious Reveler

I played it and wrote an article that is like a walkthrough for anyone who is curious but doesn't want to play the game.

Read it here

Enduring Gaian

13,875 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
I played the game.

All and all, it was exactly what I was expecting from a 'PETA version' of Pokemon, random animal slaughter video included.

7,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
I've just played it. 15 minutes well spent but gosh I wish I hadn't opened up that video link. The image of the dog with a bone for a leg is still seared into my mind. Which probably means PETA did their job.

Blessed Exhibitionist

10,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Conversationalist 100
smh.

on a slightly related note: I'm surprised there was never a flood of poke-clones when Pokemon was really popular. You had a lot of card games popping up when what was popular, but I don't remember that angry birds effect you see now. It was a simply concept, and can be adapted and altered in a lot of ways.

*would want to play a game where you defeated your enemy, and had the ability to make them pledge allegiance to you, or flee to their king*

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I hate PETA, but really the premise behind Pokemon is ******** up when you think about it, no matter how awesome the theme song for the first season is.

Rainbow Admirer

PETA relies on shock value to fork in donations.

Noble Hero

16,900 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Super Tipsy 200
I'm starting to believe PETA are just trolls.

Profitable Gaian

8,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Peta, destroying your childhood, one aspect at a time.
So what if Pokemon centered around them fighting? In games like Mystery dungeon, you are a Pokemon, just fighting for answers. There are games where you shoot people to advance, or something like that, is that a problem to them? No.

WE MUS SAV DAH AMINALS!!1!

Ice-Cold Hunter

10,750 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Sometimes I wonder if they just do this stuff to get in the news.
If I were Nintendo, I'd sue 'em. Hard.
I think I'll stick to Pokemon since it's not real, I mean, For crying out loud PETA is the company that bitched at the movie alien when Ripley "dropped Jonsey" in the cat cage.

This company is just out right stupid, they complain at every little thing! I'm against animal abuse in every way but, Pokemon isn't real it's a game. They need to get it through their heads.
Blood Valkyrie
I hate PETA, but really the premise behind Pokemon is ******** up when you think about it, no matter how awesome the theme song for the first season is.

This. I'm all for animal rights, but PETAs approach is vile. Obviously, trapping animals in small balls and forcing them to fight is absolutely wrong, but I would like to think that the vast majority of the world can tell fiction from reality.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff