Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
They obviously don't know how Poke'balls work, and I'll be damned if Pikachu ever got in one except on a rare occasion or two.

******** PETA, always showing the world what dumb-a** attention whores look like.

Friendly Wench

Lunarflowermaiden

Can't forget about cooking mama for not having a vegan only menu. rolleyes

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
I found out some messed up facts about PETA and ASPCA.

Ignore both of them, they just collect money to fund political parties... they only put a fraction of a percentage into real Animals.

I forget which one has shelters but they put down 98% of the Animals they get.

Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
If PETA has to bash Pokemon for attention, PETA is becoming a desperate attention whore.

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
Sailor Tin Nyanko
I found out some messed up facts about PETA and ASPCA.

Ignore both of them, they just collect money to fund political parties... they only put a fraction of a percentage into real Animals.

I forget which one has shelters but they put down 98% of the Animals they get.

Same with the HSUS (The Humane Society of the United States, which has absolutely nothing to do with local humane societies).

And that would be PeTA that puts down almost all of the animals they take in.

Demonic Fairy

13,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Jack-pot 100
HAHA! I just watched a Let's Play of Black and Blue. You have to wonder how seriously they actually take themselves once they start up with the memes. XD

Timid Friend

Loki903
Streaking Psycho
I do not agree with what PETA has said about Pokemon. They seriously need to get a life. It says in the game itself that the whole idea of the game is to promote that Pokemon should be treated fairly with their trainers. Yes they put them in pokeballs, but at the same time they take care of them and they try to free the pokemon who are not being treated right

I agree also, instead of wasting time on games they should go for REAL animal abuse. I mean... they already targeted cooking mama's games.... and cooking mama also does babysitting also.... and camping where she helps animals..... and mario is just... for the love of god he jumps on mushrooms you can't take that seriously. PETA really needs to get a grip, it's hard to take them seriously anymore. besides. pokemon isn't a total fighting game compared to the original ones. now you ahve to build friendship so albiet a fighting game, kids who play can learn to cooperate and be kind to animals in some versions. including the old games like pokemon channel or ... that other pikachu one... I can't remember the name for it... some NES or 64 game.

the game was hey you pikachu~ im still looking for that game but i cant find it ; n;

Witty Raider

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Lunarflowermaiden
I was wondering when they'd get around to Pokemon. Since they have already gone after Mario (for the Tanooki suit), Battlefield 3 (for stabbing a rat), Resident Evil (killing animals), Tiny Zoo (for imprisoning poor animals). And oddly praised the Fable series for giving good points for eating vegetarian food, and evil points for eating meat. This game also has a mini game where you kick chickens, apparently they didn't get to that part in the game.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/32227/pokemon-black-and-white-gets-skewered-in-petas-latest-game

"If PETA existed in Unova, our motto would be: Pokémon are not ours to use or abuse. They exist for their own reasons. We believe that this is the message that should be sent to children."

PeTA, you already do exist in Unova. You're Team Plasma, aka the bad guys that get pummeled.

http://features.peta.org/pokemon-black-and-white-parody/

Apparently they do know they are the bad guys, look at the sign Pikachu is holding in their parody game.

There are alot of games that involve attacking creatures; Peta just seems to be going after popular games or game series that have been around awhile and within the last year they only just started this idea that "fighting (monsters, creatures, animals) in games means gamers abuse animals in real life".

We give PETA too much power; there are other organizations actually focus on real animals being abused and work to help those animals, not attack meat eaters,gamers and other groups because they appear to encourage abuse or support an industry they think counts as abuse. To PETA, its their way or you're wrong and your argument is irreverent and wrong. I stopped watching Jane Velz-Mitchell because she got PETA reps on her show every chance she could and even if there was an expert from the other side of the argument PETA did all the talking.

Fashionable Hunter

Blessed Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
I found myself tentatively agreeing with them until Ash. They made some okay points (Cheren does seem power-obsessed at points, Pokemon clearly feel pain, people should give Pokemon the choice to be free) but it seemed like they went out of their way to make Ash the opposite of how he actually is. Anyone who has ever had a passing interest in the anime knows Ash never actually kept Pikachu in a Pokeball and that he asked Pikachu if he wanted to fight on many occasions.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, will Nintendo be able to sue over this? If PETA is using this to drum up any traffic and revenue, even from their adds, they should have a case right? It's clearly not an affectionate parody, it's using Nintendo's trademarks to attract supporters and money.

Dangerous Lunatic

14,925 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Well first Mario, now Pokemon.
PETA really do want attention if they are going this far.
I do hope Nintendo sues their asses for copyright infringement.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Thanks for the laughs.
It's getting harder and harder to find PETA in a news article that doesn't also involve facepalming.

I remember as a young adult watching Steve Martin do his comedy routine about cat juggling.
Surprisingly I never went out and tried to juggle real cats.
Likewise I'm pretty sure most kids playing Pokemon know it is just a game and the animals in the game are just bits on a memory stick whether or not they are 'inside' a pokeball.
And oh yeah while we're at it Doom and Quake and other FPS never made me go kill anyone in real life.

I suppose we should take this as good news. If something major was happening to REAL animals PETA would (hopefully) be exerting their energy on that instead of this laughable attack on a video game.

Desirable Hunter

6,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Lunarflowermaiden
I was wondering when they'd get around to Pokemon. Since they have already gone after Mario (for the Tanooki suit), Battlefield 3 (for stabbing a rat), Resident Evil (killing animals), Tiny Zoo (for imprisoning poor animals). And oddly praised the Fable series for giving good points for eating vegetarian food, and evil points for eating meat. This game also has a mini game where you kick chickens, apparently they didn't get to that part in the game.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/32227/pokemon-black-and-white-gets-skewered-in-petas-latest-game

"If PETA existed in Unova, our motto would be: Pokémon are not ours to use or abuse. They exist for their own reasons. We believe that this is the message that should be sent to children."

PeTA, you already do exist in Unova. You're Team Plasma, aka the bad guys that get pummeled.

http://features.peta.org/pokemon-black-and-white-parody/

Apparently they do know they are the bad guys, look at the sign Pikachu is holding in their parody game.

They forgot you can kill fish in halo.

*Eats bacon*

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Peta is a joke, I don’t know many people who take them very seriously In fact, I don’t think anyone really does take them seriously any more. . Every time they say something its wrong and makes them look stupid . This is just another example of that, hope nintendo does do something about what they’re saying.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Now i've heard it all

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers