Welcome to Gaia! ::

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

Swimming should be optional, not mandatory.
User Image

Headstrong Senshi

20,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Power Surge 50
  • Team Player 50
I have no sympathies for the girl, why were you going to the salon and then going to swim class if you knew that you were supposed to go, I don't know, swim? I'm sure that the teacher had to deal with a bunch of kids wanting out and just had enough of it, my sympathies go to him solely because public school has gotten worse in the news. All of this could have been avoided if she just skipped class and went to her dinner plans afterwards. Even if her top was down, the teacher didn't grope her or anything, he just dragged her to the pool. I find it funny that they didn't list her name but said her mother's name in public. A simple internet search could find the daughter's name, lame.

Interesting Fairy

15,340 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Scarred Sword Heart
User Image

User Image

In area's that suffer from flooding I think Swimming lesson should be mandatory. To many people die from not knowing this skill.

CDC Report on drownings

Merry Bunny

7,500 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Paid leave?? I figure the girl pushed the buttons too hard, but that is disturbing, he shouldn't of dragged her like that. As another said, just fail her or send her to the office or something..

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
PantheaMarlon
Scarred Sword Heart
User Image

User Image

In area's that suffer from flooding I think Swimming lesson should be mandatory. To many people die from not knowing this skill.

CDC Report on drownings
And even if you don't live in an area prone to flooding, you should still learn to swim in case you end up somewhere else in deep water anyway, such as if your plane crashes into a river.

Adorable Fisher

Ratttking
PantheaMarlon
Scarred Sword Heart
User Image

User Image

CDC Report on drownings
And even if you don't live in an area prone to flooding, you should still learn to swim in case you end up somewhere else in deep water anyway, such as if your plane crashes into a river.
Or your car goes off a bridge.

Tipsy Smoker

Notorious Sailor Uranus
I have no sympathies for the girl, why were you going to the salon and then going to swim class if you knew that you were supposed to go, I don't know, swim? I'm sure that the teacher had to deal with a bunch of kids wanting out and just had enough of it, my sympathies go to him solely because public school has gotten worse in the news. All of this could have been avoided if she just skipped class and went to her dinner plans afterwards. Even if her top was down, the teacher didn't grope her or anything, he just dragged her to the pool. I find it funny that they didn't list her name but said her mother's name in public. A simple internet search could find the daughter's name, lame.
Something is wrong with you.

Enduring Survivor

17,575 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
This is a great example of a teacher being a bully. It is a wonderful example of what is wrong in many schools and why bullying goes unpunished in many classrooms. These are the type of teachers that many schools are hiring and no one cares unless the school starts to look bad or someone catches it on film. He could have seriously injured her. I would want him fired and not hired in the school district at all.

Enduring Survivor

17,575 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Erholung

What the teacher did was appalling, but why did it matter that her top was falling down? When will we moved beyond being a society controlled by the moronic idea that female breasts differ in any way to a male’s?

It matters because (A) the girl found it embarrassing (B) regardless of male or female if clothes are coming off it is not good to continue pulling them off of someone screaming NO and (C) women's breasts DO differ from man's in size, shape, ability to breast feed and various other obvious ways. If a guy said "my pants are falling down" and only his butt was exposed (despite majority of male and female butts looking same" it is still wrong for a private area of his body to be exposed against his will.

Witty Conversationalist

Bokee Gngr
Erholung

What the teacher did was appalling, but why did it matter that her top was falling down? When will we moved beyond being a society controlled by the moronic idea that female breasts differ in any way to a male’s?

It matters because (A) the girl found it embarrassing (B) regardless of male or female if clothes are coming off it is not good to continue pulling them off of someone screaming NO and (C) women's breasts DO differ from man's in size, shape, ability to breast feed and various other obvious ways. If a guy said "my pants are falling down" and only his butt was exposed (despite majority of male and female butts looking same" it is still wrong for a private area of his body to be exposed against his will.

Are you really comparing the buttocks to the breasts? Genitalia ≠ Breasts.

Then how about a male with larger breasts? Males can also produce milk. They possess identical mammary glands to females. Theirs do not engorge the same way a female's do unless stimulated with certain hormones, which happens more often than people think. In fact, not every female has large, round breasts (AA and AAA breasts anyone?) and not every female can produce milk because they lack those hormones (happens VERY often to millions of females). So, no, they do not differ at all. Otherwise, large breasted males should have to wear a bra and be confined to a shirt in the same exact way a female is expected to considering their internal development is identical.

The girl only found it embarrassing because society shames female breasts into being something more than they really are. So, which are they society? Sexual objects or objects that bring nourishment? If they are objects that bring nourishment, why shame them and keep them confined yet allow males to expose their breasts? Males, as stated, have the exact same milk producing glands in their breasts. So . . . ? If people make the claim that a female's breasts are sexual objects? Then why, again, can a male be allowed to expose his breasts?

I can understand being embarrassed just on a general level. Like my husband gets shy of his chest being exposed just because he's shy about his body. This I can understand, but the article makes a huge deal about the female's breasts in general just because they are female breasts. That's idiotic.

Rebuttal?

Adorable Fisher

Bokee Gngr
This is a great example of a teacher being a bully. It is a wonderful example of what is wrong in many schools and why bullying goes unpunished in many classrooms. These are the type of teachers that many schools are hiring and no one cares unless the school starts to look bad or someone catches it on film. He could have seriously injured her. I would want him fired and not hired in the school district at all.
The charge he was put on paid leave for was "corporal injury to a minor" which means he did seriously injure her, unfortunately.

Dabbler

Erholung
I can understand being embarrassed just on a general level. Like my husband gets shy of his chest being exposed just because he's shy about his body. This I can understand, but the article makes a huge deal about the female's breasts in general just because they are female breasts. That's idiotic.
No, the article makes such a huge deal about it because he was exposing part of a child's body against her will. If someone was exposing your husband's body by force, would this not be a big deal?

Witty Conversationalist

Naked Bacon
Erholung
No, the article makes such a huge deal about it because he was exposing part of a child's body against her will. If someone was exposing your husband's body by force, would this not be a big deal?

It was technically the struggle against the ground that was pulling the clothing off, not him directly. It was not his direct goal to make her topless as the article is making it out to appear. As I stated, his actions were appalling, but the intent of exposing her breasts were not the direct goal so I didn't see the issue. Articles about males being in a similar situation do not bring to light such things unless the intent was to expose that particular area (i.e. the genitals, et cetera).

Feral Nymph

Yobyaxes R
Would anyone call this "misogyny"?

No, but that's you cannot comprehend anything beyond misogyny or misandry. People with brains are able to understand that this is 'assault'.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff