Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Werewolf

10,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200
Part of 9/11 plane's landing gear found in NYC
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/world/2013-04/27/c_132344509.htm

• A piece of landing gear believed to be from one of the hijacked planes has been discovered.
• The twisted metal part includes a clearly visible Boeing identification number.
• It has cables and levers on it and is about 1.5 meters tall, 0.9 meters wide and 0.5 meters deep.

Quote:
NEW YORK, April 26 (Xinhua) -- A piece of landing gear believed to be from one of the hijacked planes that crashed into the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001, has been discovered wedged between two lower Manhattan buildings, police said Friday.

The twisted metal part includes a clearly visible Boeing identification number, New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne told reporters.

Browne said the discovery was made Wednesday by a construction crew inspecting the rear of the Park Place building.

Police have secured the area between the two buildings and are treating it as a potential crime scene, he said.

The piece was discovered two blocks from Ground Zero. It has cables and levers on it and is about 1.5 meters tall, 0.9 meters wide and 0.5 meters deep.

"The odds of this being wedged between there is amazing," Browne said, adding it was not surprising that it went undiscovered for more than a decade given the location. "It had to have fallen just the right way to make it into that space."

Nearly 12 years after two commercial airliners smashed into the two Manhattan skyscrapers, destroying them and killing nearly 3,000 people, city officials continue to turn up debris from the attack and identify human remains.

Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
Already posted several days ago from a New York City newspaper.

I'm surprised the area wasn't thoroughly combed and cleaned 12 years ago.

Loyal Exhibitionist

Vampirate Kitsune

I found a picture that would explain WHY they haven't found the piece until just recently, and... wow. Yeah.

It's THAT hard to find.

Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
Hasuki Aatisuto
Vampirate Kitsune

I found a picture that would explain WHY they haven't found the piece until just recently, and... wow. Yeah.

It's THAT hard to find.

That's a really tight spot. I'd be afraid of someone getting stuck between those walls.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
considering the proximity to the Islamic community center that had been called the "World Trade Center Mosque," I'm just waiting for the ******** that were trying to call that particular center a "victory mosque" to start citing this as proof that the community center is terrorist-affiliated.

I don't doubt they can find a way, like by claiming that they wanted that building because of the plane piece, or claiming that it was brought there as a trophy of war, or some other bizarre bullshit.

Shy Bunny

26,800 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Keltoi Samurai
considering the proximity to the Islamic community center that had been called the "World Trade Center Mosque," I'm just waiting for the ******** that were trying to call that particular center a "victory mosque" to start citing this as proof that the community center is terrorist-affiliated.

I don't doubt they can find a way, like by claiming that they wanted that building because of the plane piece, or claiming that it was brought there as a trophy of war, or some other bizarre bullshit.

Actually a piece of landing gear did hit the building the Islamic community center is being built at.

Was a Burlington Coat factory, it was abandoned for years after the attack before the Muslim group first bought it and was using it for a over flow prayer hall.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff