Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Cutie-Pie

Quote:
BEAVERTON, Ore. – A bad parking job, a little lipstick.

Somebody’s in jail, of course.

It's an odd story.

Police said 53-year-old Maria Meracle got angry this week when another woman confronted her about crossing the parking boundary at a Fred Meyer parking lot.

The other woman said Meracle's Porsche was too close to her Mercedes.

Police said Meracle flew into a rage, eventually using lipstick to write a mostly indecipherable message about parking on the Mercedes' windshield.

Police said when they arrived, they found Meracle’s Porsche parked about a foot over the line, extremely close to the Mercedes.

They said the woman who owned the Mercedes told them Meracle had told her the police couldn’t do anything because Meracle is rich.

The woman decided to press charges.

Meracle was charged with harassment, second-degree disorderly conduct and third-degree criminal mischief.

I just thought this was something light hearted to share, kinda silly and probably falls under that 'Affluenza" disorder

link

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I was expecting something about fighting over a parking place. Can't remember where the video was that I saw a woman driving a red car literally pushing a white car out of the parking place with her car and then trying to go shopping like normal.

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

Even the youngsters I teach are more mature than these women...>->;

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
At least it was probably expensive lipstick. smile

And um,.. she's rich but she shops at Fred Meyer?

Intellectual Mage

7,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Wow. I was expecting fighting for a parking space (like people do at my college). Reminds me, I had car following me today as I walked down a parking lane, so they could swoop into my spot right after I left it. Damn vultures hanging around. stare I just sat in my car until they got impatient and decided to hover somewhere else. That, I could understand getting angry over. This woman was just psycho for blowing up after she had the gall to park stupidly.

Omnipresent Warlord

aml357
Wow. I was expecting fighting for a parking space (like people do at my college). Reminds me, I had car following me today as I walked down a parking lane, so they could swoop into my spot right after I left it. Damn vultures hanging around. stare I just sat in my car until they got impatient and decided to hover somewhere else. That, I could understand getting angry over. This woman was just psycho for blowing up after she had the gall to park stupidly.

That tends to happen when parking space is limited. I don't think inconveniencing both you and the other person helped at all in that situation.

Intellectual Mage

7,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Omnileech
aml357

That tends to happen when parking space is limited. I don't think inconveniencing both you and the other person helped at all in that situation.

True, but it was a long walk to my car that they slowly followed me to - at least two minutes of walking if not more - and it felt creepy and stalker-ish. Plus, there were other parking spaces, just farther away than where I was parked so they were probably just being lazy.

I wasn't inconvenienced in the least; I was in no rush to get home, and he only waited a couple of minutes before moving on. There are always cars coming and going in that parking lot, so just because he couldn't get my spot didn't mean he wasn't going to get any other. And there are other plenty of other parking lots he could have went to, but he decided to be creepy and follow me. stare

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
David2074

Are you surprised that she does her own shopping at all or that she shops at this particular store? I'm not familiar with the chain, but Wiki claims they are a pioneer of "one stop shopping" and that their stores combine a grocery with a drugstore, clothing store, shoe store, home electronics, fine jewelers and much more.

"I'm going to the store honey, you want anything?"

"Sure, pick me up a diamond bracelet, a hard drive and a quart of half-n-half."

Profitable Hunter

7,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Profitable 100
dramallama

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Ratttking
David2074

Are you surprised that she does her own shopping at all or that she shops at this particular store? I'm not familiar with the chain, but Wiki claims they are a pioneer of "one stop shopping" and that their stores combine a grocery with a drugstore, clothing store, shoe store, home electronics, fine jewelers and much more.

I'm laughing because you could literally do that at a Fred Meyer.
We have them locally. As for the woman - I guess I was surprised she was shopping at FM because their products are decent but mostly not what I consider high end. So a rich person who feels the need to proclaim she is rich wouldn't necessarily be bragging about buying something at FM the way they might about - well - I dunno - Tiffany's or some rich person store.

Some of my friends really like Fred Meyer. I'm 'so-so' about it. I've decided it depends on which items you shop for. FM is 'one stop' for most needs but it is also 'Jack of all trades, master of none'. So for example while you could purchase a hard drive at FM they will not have as many to choose from and their price may well be higher. So while they have a wide range of stuff, when it comes to shopping for any particular item there is usually some other store I would prefer. For little stuff like some milk or a pair of gym socks the convenience is probably worth it. For bigger things like a hard drive, TV, all of your back to school clothes shopping etc. then it is often worth bothering to go to more than 'one stop' to get the item you really wanted and save a bunch of money.

You can think of FM a bit like a Target but with slightly higher prices (most of the time) and a slightly different mix / ratio. FM has larger food and garden sections than Target but smaller clothing and electronics sections for example. We have two FM stores locally and both have basically a full on supermarket - plus lots of other stuff. Compared to local Target has lots of other stuff but recently added a grocery store type food section.

Oh - and an example of how the pricing can go -
Recently bought a Kitchenaid brand potato peeler at the mall kitchen store for $4.99
Found the exact same peeler at FM for $6.99
Though you could do worse - I was also in the Macy's Home store looking at their kitchen gadgets and saw - again - exact same Kitchenaid peeler - but they wanted $9.99

And that's probably more than you wanted to know about a store that apparently isn't even in your area. smile

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
David2074
Ratttking
David2074

I'm laughing because you could literally do that at a Fred Meyer.
We have them locally. As for the woman - I guess I was surprised she was shopping at FM because their products are decent but mostly not what I consider high end. So a rich person who feels the need to proclaim she is rich wouldn't necessarily be bragging about buying something at FM the way they might about - well - I dunno - Tiffany's or some rich person store.

Some of my friends really like Fred Meyer. I'm 'so-so' about it. I've decided it depends on which items you shop for. FM is 'one stop' for most needs but it is also 'Jack of all trades, master of none'. So for example while you could purchase a hard drive at FM they will not have as many to choose from and their price may well be higher. So while they have a wide range of stuff, when it comes to shopping for any particular item there is usually some other store I would prefer. For little stuff like some milk or a pair of gym socks the convenience is probably worth it. For bigger things like a hard drive, TV, all of your back to school clothes shopping etc. then it is often worth bothering to go to more than 'one stop' to get the item you really wanted and save a bunch of money.

You can think of FM a bit like a Target but with slightly higher prices (most of the time) and a slightly different mix / ratio. FM has larger food and garden sections than Target but smaller clothing and electronics sections for example. We have two FM stores locally and both have basically a full on supermarket - plus lots of other stuff. Compared to local Target has lots of other stuff but recently added a grocery store type food section.

Oh - and an example of how the pricing can go -
Recently bought a Kitchenaid brand potato peeler at the mall kitchen store for $4.99
Found the exact same peeler at FM for $6.99
Though you could do worse - I was also in the Macy's Home store looking at their kitchen gadgets and saw - again - exact same Kitchenaid peeler - but they wanted $9.99

And that's probably more than you wanted to know about a store that apparently isn't even in your area. smile
That's cool, I like learning about different stores in case I ever do go to where they're located, and with certain new laws passed in your state, it's at the top of the list of places I might move to if I ever move. Ha, I wonder if FM might open a new section selling weed.

It seems rather strange that the Porsche owner was such a snob to the Mercedes owner; depending on the models the cars can be virtually the same price.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff