Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sexy Goat

30,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Nyadriel

First, the parents can say that the vacation is to visit an ill grandparent and they have to go or some other thing that can't be missed out.

Another thing I just realized: This is infringing the freedom of religion in a way.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Oh, no,... Standardized Testing!

They didn't have those last year... no wait they did...

They didn't have those in 2010.... no wait they did...

In 2005... wait, they did...

2000, 1990, 1980, 1970, 1960... Oh wait... this isn't new?

Hell, even the freaking law that is suddenly a massive surprise was made in 2011.

Would you like to know the real issue? Schools cheat! They try to opt kids out of testing that will drag down their results. Because some funding is based on the total school. In recent years schools were busted for fabricating scores... because they had too many perfect scores. These are also nothing new. Schools have always been opting kids out that will drag down scores and making fake test and fake results... If the schools are busted, they can claim the parents opted out. Even if... one or more of the following: 1. The parents never opted out. 2. The school forced the parents to opt the student out. 3. The student did the testing but the school tossed it because they didn't like their results.

Apocalyptic Comrade

28,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hero 100
When I had to be enrolled into another school, one of those 'four-star' options included a Tech school that didn't test their special needs students. They kept their four star status by avoiding testing those who might have needed the help the most, and in the process, failed to 'alert' the system that a teacher might just be ignoring the student. They made every other school in the area look worse and would keep receiving bonus funding. My school could have used that funding for new books and a fixed Air-conditioning system.

Yes, all children should be tested. No, it doesn't need to be at the same time. If that special needs student can't deal with stress in the classroom, the office will do the job. Can't deal with several students in the classroom? There's always the Cafeteria first thing in the morning.
haha, I guess they are sort of doing an audit of the children's brains?
Noo. I hate testing. Tests are awful. I don't understand why teachers can't just have a portfolio of students' work so they can actually show progress over the year.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
buggsie blue
Noo. I hate testing. Tests are awful. I don't understand why teachers can't just have a portfolio of students' work so they can actually show progress over the year.
Nah that would make to much sense.
Oh,my! That is so very scary!

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
xdivision_whitey
buggsie blue
Nah that would make to much sense.
Sure, analyzing hundreds of pages relating to each and every student in every school would be a breeze to execute as opposed to seeing the results for each student who took a standardized test. rolleyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff