Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Quote:
VANCOUVER – Her advice may be followed by hordes of people, but a Vancouver group wants Oprah Winfrey to explain why she has endorsed an anti-wrinkle cream made with human foreskins.

Winfrey makes her first appearance in Vancouver on Thursday before a sold-out crowd at Rogers Arena.

But as crowds pack into the stadium, Glen Callender, founder of the Canadian Foreskin Awareness Project, will be outside with his supporters protesting Winfrey's support of SkinMedica.

Callender says it’s hypocritical of Winfrey to speak out against female genital mutilation, while saying it’s all right to use a face cream made from foreskins from circumcised infant males.

“Imagine how Oprah would respond if a skin cream for men went on the market that was made from parts of the genitalia of little girls,” Callender said. “That would be an outrage and rightly so.”

Callender expects “a dozen to two dozen people” to attend the protest.

Advertisements for SkinMedica say Winfrey has described the product as her “magic fountain of youth and miracle wrinkle solution.” Winfrey didn’t immediately respond to an email asking for comment.

The makers of SkinMedica have said they use foreskin fibroblast — a piece of human skin used as a culture to grow other skin or cells.

“I would like Oprah to come to her senses and realize that all children have a fundamental human right to keep all their genitalia and to decide for themselves if anything gets cut off,” Callender said Wednesday.

Callender describes the Foreskin Awareness Project as Canada's “feistiest pro-foreskin advocacy group” with the goal of “foreskin education and appreciation.”

Source;
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/01/23/oprah-protested-for-endorsing-face-cream-made-from-foreskins

Interesting Lunatic

Makeup made from mutilated baby penises?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It's like, combination *****. People are freakin' crazy.

Shy Friend

12,475 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
That Scruffy Mule
Makeup made from mutilated baby penises?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It's like, combination *****. People are freakin' crazy.
I quite agree. Not to mention that the circumcision of baby males is just a ridiculous medical procedure that is not only unnecessary but an act of social dogma as well. It is very cruel that many middle eastern countries like Kurdistan still circumcise 7 year old little girls so that they can become obedient housewives. Making a woman have her clitoris forcefully removed as a child is perpetually sickening and can actually cause vaginal infections of the skin. Male circumcision is also an unnecessary practice and 49% of the male population throughout the world that have not been circumcised as babies have had much healthier results as the foreskin on a male is meant to protect them. Men in Europe and Asia for example that don't get their foreskin removed are actually healthier than many males of Western society because the foreskin actually can protect men from penal infections and even sometimes protect them from STDs (although doctors still advise that men still wear condoms and have protected sex even with foreskin). Men who are circumcised can have infant trauma as male babies and the infants do feel pain even though many doctors insist that it doesn't. Any doctor outside of the USA would tell you differently. It is an unnecessary procedure that is merely used for Jewish and Christian families to have their sons circumcised. But really circumcision of both genders is an unnecessary procedure that can lead to many genital health related risks, scarring, infections, and childhood trauma from the pain.

Onto the skin cream, okay seriously Oprah what the ********? One minute you're all about being against little girls in Kurdistan getting their clitoris cut out as it is sickening and cruel to little girls but you have no problem having little baby boy p***s skin on your face? You need a reality check woman seriously. I can understand stem cell research to combat infants diagnosed with severe cases of autism or using stem cells to look for cures for cancer. But what kind of medicinal benefits does infant foreskin have? What kind of crazy lunatic made this stuff? Is this a product made in the USA? Doesn't the Food and Drug administration regulate most of their skin care lotions? It seems highly unethical and not to mention a horrible sanitation risk to the person's face. Most doctors from hospitals throw away the foreskin after circumcising the baby boy so who's the idiot keeping all these foreskins? Who honestly collects that s**t? And uses it as a skin cream no less? There really is no purpose for that kind of skin cream and I am most certain any sane dermatologist or skin care doctor will tell you that this anti-aging lotion will do more harm than good to your skin. I haven't read any dermatology articles saying foreskin has benefits for someone's wrinkles. I've heard of cocoa butter, some Japanese gummies that are peach flavored with small traces of glicon in them to tighten cheek muscles of a woman's face, but nothing about other people's skin being rubbed into your face to improve your face wrinkles. Oprah is a joke these days I swear. Other than her discussions about books her methods of skin care and dietary habits are very unorthodox. Oprah's old doctor however Dr. Oz (who used to be featured on Oprah Winfrey's show) is a wonderful doctor and I watch his show periodically. He has his own show now and I like Dr. Oz quite a lot, his products are more practical and he does have a medical license so the guy clearly knows what he is talking about. But then again Doctor Oz has more practical and organic ways to combat ageing and weight gain without any unnecessary expensive products or ridiculous risks involved. He also developed natural ways to exercise your cheek and face muscles and what foods to eat to keep your face having fatty tissues in them to prevent wrinkles the natural way.

The article sounds a little too crazy to believe as I can't even believe someone would make such a horrible and unorthodox product that is not only an abomination to human rights but could possibly also harm the consumer as well when purchasing such a ridiculous product. Hopefully all will go well and they'll protest the product down so that nobody will buy it. I still can't believe this thing actually exists it sounds too crazy to believe but if this crazy lotion does exist I hope someone takes it off the market immediately before people get sick from it. Putting dirty foreskin on your face sounds morbidly unhealthy and wrong. There are many strange things I had heard of like old Alaskan tribes of Inuits using wolf blood as a skin lotion and many other crazy things but nothing quite as weird as this.

Wintry Dragon

Next step from placenta beauty products?

Super Streaker

9,175 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Read the topic as "...for foreskins."
Then I read the first sentence.
emotion_donotwant

Swashbuckling Humorist

14,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Despite the fact that I think this cream is disgusting and Oprah is an idiot for endorsing it, female genital mutilation not the right thing to compare it to, since that has potential to do a lot more damage long term than male circumcision.

Kawaii Cutie-Pie

emotion_puke

Feral Nymph

Now, now, people, let's not get into the circumcision vs FGM argument. Let us all instead continue with the sheer horror that 1) foreskins in a facial cream and 2) Oprah, cult leader, *USES* it and suggests others do the same.

I would think those two points are enough in sheer ******** for this thread.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Alazon
emotion_puke

my thoughts exactly. cute avi btw

Kawaii Cutie-Pie

Existential Existence
Alazon
emotion_puke

my thoughts exactly. cute avi btw

Haha, thanks smile

Swashbuckling Humorist

14,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Pessimist
Now, now, people, let's not get into the circumcision vs FGM argument. Let us all instead continue with the sheer horror that 1) foreskins in a facial cream and 2) Oprah, cult leader, *USES* it and suggests others do the same.

Fair enough, but without that argument I think most of the posts are going to react along the line of this:

User Image

Dude, seriously, who in their right mind rubs baby foreskins on their faces? burning_eyes

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
yum_tea That's completely disgusting. D=

Greedy Consumer

She is a sexist, it prolly empowers her to promote it. Well that and it fills her damn wallet, she is a saleswoman, she dont give a ******** about you, sure she has giveaways, she also tells her fans everywhere to buy all sorts of products, which gives her enough money to spend lavishly like it dont matter, and when she spends that way I almost gurantee she gets more back from it, like how cigarette companies give away 50,000 to lung cancer research then they spent millions of dollars advterising the fact that they did. She is a crook, and alot of the population has fallen for it, Im ashamed that my mother even thought highly of her. She is a simple crook.

Festive Gaian

9,850 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tree's the Season 100
Sick people. *barf*

Feral Nymph

Anne Packrat
Pessimist

Fair enough, but without that argument I think most of the posts are going to react along the line of this:

User Image

Dude, seriously, who in their right mind rubs baby foreskins on their faces? burning_eyes

I'm quite certain that's the only acceptable reaction to this story.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff