Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feral Nymph

We Are Organisms
She is a sexist, it prolly empowers her to promote it. Well that and it fills her damn wallet, she is a saleswoman, she dont give a ******** about you, sure she has giveaways, she also tells her fans everywhere to buy all sorts of products, which gives her enough money to spend lavishly like it dont matter, and when she spends that way I almost gurantee she gets more back from it, like how cigarette companies give away 50,000 to lung cancer research then they spent millions of dollars advterising the fact that they did. She is a crook, and alot of the population has fallen for it, Im ashamed that my mother even thought highly of her. She is a simple crook.

She makes me think more of a cult leader then a straight up crook, which makes her more creepy in my mind.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Okay... I am doing my research.

Foreskin fibroblast can use the Foreskin of ANY MAMMAL.

But, here is when you may want to squirm,...

The Cells are extracted BEFORE BIRTH.

( Although with the wording it could be from the moment of birth at times, but a full term baby is not preferred because the cells change towards the end. They want the cells while they are still changing and open to change.)

So they are either aborting animals or getting samples in the womb of pregnant animals.

( The cells are then made to multiple.)

Demonic Fairy

13,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Jack-pot 100
I wanted to write something about how, upon learning this, I wouldn't touch Oprah's face if you paid me, but all I can seem to manage is making this face both online and in real life...

gonk

Omnipresent Demigod

Anne Packrat
Pessimist
Now, now, people, let's not get into the circumcision vs FGM argument. Let us all instead continue with the sheer horror that 1) foreskins in a facial cream and 2) Oprah, cult leader, *USES* it and suggests others do the same.

I would think those two points are enough in sheer ******** for this thread.

Fair enough, but without that argument I think most of the posts are going to react along the line of this:

User Image

Dude, seriously, who in their right mind rubs baby foreskins on their faces? burning_eyes

HDMI

~~~
Lmao, this face is so true, so true.
Disgusting....

~~~

HDMI

Mega Noob

Reinforces my belief that she is an Akkadian demon only capable of sustaining her power by bathing in the blood of freshly slaughtered infants.

Feral Nymph

Sailor Tin Nyanko
Okay... I am doing my research.

Foreskin fibroblast can use the Foreskin of ANY MAMMAL.

But, here is when you may want to squirm,...

The Cells are extracted BEFORE BIRTH.

( Although with the wording it could be from the moment of birth at times, but a full term baby is not preferred because the cells change towards the end. They want the cells while they are still changing and open to change.)

So they are either aborting animals or getting samples in the womb of pregnant animals.

( The cells are then made to multiple.)

gonk That is not an improvement. Hell, I think it makes it even more cringe-worthy.

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Nadine_Craft
That Scruffy Mule
Makeup made from mutilated baby penises?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It's like, combination *****. People are freakin' crazy.
I quite agree. Not to mention that the circumcision of baby males is just a ridiculous medical procedure that is not only unnecessary but an act of social dogma as well. It is very cruel that many middle eastern countries like Kurdistan still circumcise 7 year old little girls so that they can become obedient housewives. Making a woman have her clitoris forcefully removed as a child is perpetually sickening and can actually cause vaginal infections of the skin. Male circumcision is also an unnecessary practice and 49% of the male population throughout the world that have not been circumcised as babies have had much healthier results as the foreskin on a male is meant to protect them. Men in Europe and Asia for example that don't get their foreskin removed are actually healthier than many males of Western society because the foreskin actually can protect men from penal infections and even sometimes protect them from STDs (although doctors still advise that men still wear condoms and have protected sex even with foreskin). Men who are circumcised can have infant trauma as male babies and the infants do feel pain even though many doctors insist that it doesn't. Any doctor outside of the USA would tell you differently. It is an unnecessary procedure that is merely used for Jewish and Christian families to have their sons circumcised. But really circumcision of both genders is an unnecessary procedure that can lead to many genital health related risks, scarring, infections, and childhood trauma from the pain.

Onto the skin cream, okay seriously Oprah what the ********? One minute you're all about being against little girls in Kurdistan getting their clitoris cut out as it is sickening and cruel to little girls but you have no problem having little baby boy p***s skin on your face? You need a reality check woman seriously. I can understand stem cell research to combat infants diagnosed with severe cases of autism or using stem cells to look for cures for cancer. But what kind of medicinal benefits does infant foreskin have? What kind of crazy lunatic made this stuff? Is this a product made in the USA? Doesn't the Food and Drug administration regulate most of their skin care lotions? It seems highly unethical and not to mention a horrible sanitation risk to the person's face. Most doctors from hospitals throw away the foreskin after circumcising the baby boy so who's the idiot keeping all these foreskins? Who honestly collects that s**t? And uses it as a skin cream no less? There really is no purpose for that kind of skin cream and I am most certain any sane dermatologist or skin care doctor will tell you that this anti-aging lotion will do more harm than good to your skin. I haven't read any dermatology articles saying foreskin has benefits for someone's wrinkles. I've heard of cocoa butter, some Japanese gummies that are peach flavored with small traces of glicon in them to tighten cheek muscles of a woman's face, but nothing about other people's skin being rubbed into your face to improve your face wrinkles. Oprah is a joke these days I swear. Other than her discussions about books her methods of skin care and dietary habits are very unorthodox. Oprah's old doctor however Dr. Oz (who used to be featured on Oprah Winfrey's show) is a wonderful doctor and I watch his show periodically. He has his own show now and I like Dr. Oz quite a lot, his products are more practical and he does have a medical license so the guy clearly knows what he is talking about. But then again Doctor Oz has more practical and organic ways to combat ageing and weight gain without any unnecessary expensive products or ridiculous risks involved. He also developed natural ways to exercise your cheek and face muscles and what foods to eat to keep your face having fatty tissues in them to prevent wrinkles the natural way.

The article sounds a little too crazy to believe as I can't even believe someone would make such a horrible and unorthodox product that is not only an abomination to human rights but could possibly also harm the consumer as well when purchasing such a ridiculous product. Hopefully all will go well and they'll protest the product down so that nobody will buy it. I still can't believe this thing actually exists it sounds too crazy to believe but if this crazy lotion does exist I hope someone takes it off the market immediately before people get sick from it. Putting dirty foreskin on your face sounds morbidly unhealthy and wrong. There are many strange things I had heard of like old Alaskan tribes of Inuits using wolf blood as a skin lotion and many other crazy things but nothing quite as weird as this.
how.......?

Friendly Wench

Read that as "for foreskin" and thought that it would be the pro-circ community in uproar. . . . boy was I wrong.
That's gross > <

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Or you guys could read a little deeper and realize it's really just a group against circumcism making a tempest in a teapot to get more attention. Cuz, there is also info like this:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2268049/Protestors-demand-Oprah-pull-endorsement-fountain-youth-face-cream-baby-foreskins.html

However, the San Diego City Beat reports that SkinMedica hasn't harvested a foreskin in 20 years. The company instead grows the cells it needs from a single foreskin sample.

'Initially, there was a misunderstanding and people thought we were actually grinding up the foreskin,' SkinMedica founder Dr Richard Fitzpatrick told the newspaper. 'So, there was a lot of snickering and laughing about people putting this foreskin product on their face.'

Quotable Noob

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
DOES THE FACE SWELL WHEN YOU RUB IT IN?
It has become a legitimate comeback to call Oprah "Babypenisface" now.

Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
Quote:
Callender says it’s hypocritical of Winfrey to speak out against female genital mutilation, while saying it’s all right to use a face cream made from foreskins from circumcised infant males.

Quote:
The makers of SkinMedica have said they use foreskin fibroblast — a piece of human skin used as a culture to grow other skin or cells.

What a load of BS Callender is. He's an out and out liar.

This link takes you to a picture of a foreskin:

http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/circumcision-foreskin.gif

Compare that to a fibroblast:

User Image

fibroblast: A stellate or spindle-shaped cell with cytoplasmic processes present in connective tissue, capable of forming collagen fibers. [source: The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary]

A fibroblast is a collagen-producing cell, and that is what's in the face cream. Mega difference!

If Callender wants to protest circumcision, I have no problem with that. What I have a problem with is lies that will only hurt the protest, not help it.

Angelic Blob

emotion_facepalm
People seriously believe that newborns are being routinely circumcised for face creams?
emotion_eyebrow
Do they get that is "cell" based and not "skin" based?

We don't even know if the 20 year old sample is from an infant, teen, or an adult.
Where did she buy them from, the island ruled by Christopher Lee in The Wicker Man?

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Bunai
emotion_facepalm
People seriously believe that newborns are being routinely circumcised for face creams?
emotion_eyebrow
Do they get that is "cell" based and not "skin" based?

We don't even know if the 20 year old sample is from an infant, teen, or an adult.

It has to be collected before the baby is born because the cell changes at the end of the pregnancy and after birth ( no longer viable for this use).

It can come from ANY MAMMAL. It doesn't have to be from a human.

It's still a strange source/ingredient

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces