Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
NYDaily News article

Quote:
A pair of daycare workers in Oklahoma is facing child abuse charges after they were caught on tape feeding fiery hot sauce to a baby.

Police said the security video showed childcare workers Rosie Hicks and Tracy Owens laughing as they fed the 13-month old boy green beans soaked in habanero sauce and ignoring the boy's anguished cries, the Tulsa World newspaper reported.

The pair worked at a day care the Okfuskee County child care center in Muscogee Creek Nation, a federally recognized tribe of Muscogee people, some 40 miles south of Tulsa.

Owens told police that she bought the hot sauce at a nearby grocery store, but the cruel stunt was Hicks' idea, local station KOTV reported.

Hicks blamed the sick stunt on "stress she was under at work," court documents showed.

The pair was arrested last week and charged with felony child abuse.

Locals were horrified at the accusations.

"If you don't like your job, don't work there you know?" local mom Kaitlin Chaffin told KOTV. "Don't take it out on little kids."

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

emotion_facepalm times one million. I have nothing to say because my brain just stopped after reading this.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.
I misunderstood the title, I thought the day-care workers were fed hot sauce made out of a 13month old baby sweatdrop ..that would be a bit more interesting...

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
Seriously, why? How does the brain process, "I'm stressed with my job. I know! I'll feed hot sauce to a baby!" How in world does that become an option?

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
What happened to coping with stress the old fashioned way?
Drink, chain smoke, go home and yell at your spouse.
(for those who can't grasp the concept of meditation or anger management therapy)
When did it become stomp on puppies, throw kittens in the river and feed babies hot sauce?
I love my country but many Americans really suck at taking responsibility for their actions.

Cake Fischer's Partner

Loyal Phantom

12,250 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Married 100
  • Bookworm 100
I cannot facepalm enough. Jesus Christ... emotion_facepalm

Dapper Player

I get massively stressed out from college, but you don't see me venting by feeding babies and toddlers hot sauce. neutral Seriously, people. What the ********. Don't work with kids if they stress you out.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
David2074
What happened to coping with stress the old fashioned way?
Drink, chain smoke, go home and yell at your spouse.
(for those who can't grasp the concept of meditation or anger management therapy)
When did it become stomp on puppies, throw kittens in the river and feed babies hot sauce?
I love my country but many Americans really suck at taking responsibility for their actions.
It becoming a country of Spoiled and pampered people. they don't want to take responisablity.

Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
When did work-related stress become an excuse or even an explanation for child abuse? scream

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Vampirate Kitsune
When did work-related stress become an excuse or even an explanation for child abuse? scream

I was being facetious.
It's never appropriate for us to take our stress out on others. It can be an explanation - as in, "X was affecting me and I responded by doing Y" but then the obvious answer is, "You should not have done Y, it is inappropriate and hurtful, instead you should have done Z and some counseling or therapy might help you to learn to behave appropriately".

Not everyone is smacking kids or pouring hot sauce in their mouths but on the non-abuse level a huge percentage of the population fails at expressing their needs in an appropriate manner. Listen to people argue and most of them, instead of expressing their feelings and needs in a calm, appropriate manner, instead lash out with counter attacks and diversionary techniques. The more I observe people the more I become convinced that on the whole the citizens of the US suck at conflict resolution. I try to hang around people that don't but I've seen my share of it.

Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
David2074
Vampirate Kitsune

I was being facetious.
It's never appropriate for us to take our stress out on others. It can be an explanation - as in, "X was affecting me and I responded by doing Y" but then the obvious answer is, "You should not have done Y, it is inappropriate and hurtful, instead you should have done Z and some counseling or therapy might help you to learn to behave appropriately".

Not everyone is smacking kids or pouring hot sauce in their mouths but on the non-abuse level a huge percentage of the population fails at expressing their needs in an appropriate manner. Listen to people argue and most of them, instead of expressing their feelings and needs in a calm, appropriate manner, instead lash out with counter attacks and diversionary techniques. The more I observe people the more I become convinced that on the whole the citizens of the US suck at conflict resolution. I try to hang around people that don't but I've seen my share of it.

redface

Sorry, David, I didn't mean to scream at you. It was a random outburst aimed in no particular direction.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Vampirate Kitsune
David2074
Vampirate Kitsune

I was being facetious.

redface

Sorry, David, I didn't mean to scream at you. It was a random outburst aimed in no particular direction.

No offense taken. My sense of humor tends to run towards facetious and ironic. In a text only environment that sometimes gets lost in translation so I thought it couldn't hurt to explain it to anyone reading who missed my point. Because really I consider it a fairly serious issue in this country. So many people would be so much happier if they learned proper communication skills. I think no matter where we set the bar we all have days we don't fully live up to our own expectations and someone could say, "Ha! Gotcha!" but a lot of folks seem to have their bar set so low it's dragging on the ground making sparks as they walk around.

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100

5,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
gonk The ********?

6,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Someone should force feed them hot sauce for the rest of their lives.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff