Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

Link
Quote:
WASHINGTON – President Obama is returning to Martha’s Vineyard next month, making his fourth trip to the Massachusetts island since he became president.

Obama will arrive on the Vineyard on Aug. 10, and plans to remain on the island until Aug. 18, according to the White House. He will arrive with Michelle Obama. Officials would not disclose any travel information about their two daughters, but they typically vacation with the family on the Vineyard as well.

The Obama family also vacationed on the Vineyard in 2009, 2010, and 2011. They did not head to the island last year, a vacation that would have fallen in the months leading up to the presidential election. It was a period when Obama was focused on the campaign, but also on not stirring any controversy, such as taking a respite on an exclusive island in deep blue Massachusetts.

The trip has been rumored for weeks, but until Friday afternoon the White House had not confirmed it or released any dates.

Islanders, it appears, are looking forward to his return.

C’est la Vie is designing a new T-shirt to mark the president’s return. Sharky’s Cantina is preparing to roll out its Obamarita once again, enticing customers with a margarita made with mandarin oranges, pineapple juice, and tequila (they also have Barack-o-taco, and Barack-guac).

“We’re just pandering,” concedes owner J.B. Blau.

One mystery is where the Obamas will stay. Blue Heron Farm, the estate they have rented in the past, was sold in December 2011 to a European couple and is apparently unavailable to rent.

The White House will not say where he plans to stay, and neither will his friends. “I’ll just say he won’t be as far away as he has been in the past, and I’m grateful for that,” said Charles Ogletree, Obama’s former Harvard Law School professor.

On the island, rumors have been rampant that Obama has been looking at property in Farm Neck. But others say that area, where lots are smaller and less secluded, is unlikely.

But Obama will be there during a busy time on the island.

The Martha’s Vineyard Livestock Show and Fair, which Obama’s daughters have attended in the past, is Aug. 15 to 18. The Grand Illumination, an annual outdoor festival in Oak Bluffs, is slated for Aug. 14, and the Oak Bluffs annual fireworks show is scheduled for Aug. 16.

“That third week of August is really the highest of high season,” said Sean Federowicz, a real estate agent.

Harry Belafonte will be performing at an invitation-only event at Dreamland theater Aug. 12, an event that is being organized by Ogletree.

Ogletree said he did not know if Obama would attend (though he did say that the three of them were last together at a White House Christmas party).
And to think - it hasn't even been a month since his African vacation, and he's already planning for another at Martha's Vineyard.

I had no idea doing nothing was that tough a job.
And that compares to Bush who maintains the longest record of vacations out of any president? How about you demean people who deserved to be demeaned like Republicans?

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Lord Akhenaton
And that compares to Bush who maintains the longest record of vacations out of any president? How about you demean people who deserved to be demeaned like Republicans?

So, we give the Dems a pass because you can name a worse guy, now largely irrelevant, who once served for the other side?

Now that's solid policy.
Keltoi Samurai
Lord Akhenaton

So, we give the Dems a pass because you can name a worse guy, now largely irrelevant, who once served for the other side?

Now that's solid policy.

Conservatives who complain about it while turning a blind eye to Bush are hypocrites.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Lord Akhenaton
Keltoi Samurai
Lord Akhenaton

Now that's solid policy.

Conservatives who complain about it while turning a blind eye to Bush are hypocrites.

I spent 8 years calling for Bush the Younger's impeachment. I refuse to give Obama a pass for doing the exact same s**t Bush did, continuing and furthering every Bush-era policy he campaigned on ending, just because some people take the attitude of "But he's a democrat, so it's ok."
Keltoi Samurai
Lord Akhenaton
Keltoi Samurai
Lord Akhenaton

Now that's solid policy.

I spent 8 years calling for Bush the Younger's impeachment. I refuse to give Obama a pass for doing the exact same s**t Bush did, continuing and furthering every Bush-era policy he campaigned on ending, just because some people take the attitude of "But he's a democrat, so it's ok."

Doing the exact same thing? Obama didn't lie to go to war. That is major difference #1 of a billion for starters. We could also talk about him not outing CIA agents or pardoning the people who do. What about the ban on Stem Cell research? Bush did that and Obama's first move was to repeal it.

gummie_sourball's Husband

Witty Fairy

Lord Akhenaton
Keltoi Samurai
Lord Akhenaton
Keltoi Samurai
Lord Akhenaton

Now that's solid policy.

Doing the exact same thing? Obama didn't lie to go to war. That is major difference #1 of a billion for starters. We could also talk about him not outing CIA agents or pardoning the people who do. What about the ban on Stem Cell research? Bush did that and Obama's first move was to repeal it.
Syria? Source. We sent those weapons to the rebels, and a report by the UN has also found through leaked diplomatic cables with the French that the intent was to frame the Syrian gov, to justify invasion. Don't believe me, don't care. Check google and non-US news services like BBC and the like.
Prince Baldr
Lord Akhenaton
Keltoi Samurai
Lord Akhenaton
Keltoi Samurai
Lord Akhenaton

Now that's solid policy.

Syria? Source. We sent those weapons to the rebels, and a report by the UN has also found through leaked diplomatic cables with the French that the intent was to frame the Syrian gov, to justify invasion. Don't believe me, don't care. Check google and non-US news services like BBC and the like.

RT is a Russian news site. You know? Russia? The country that provided advanced weapons to the Assad regime?

Witty Fairy

Lord Akhenaton
Prince Baldr
Lord Akhenaton
Keltoi Samurai
Lord Akhenaton

RT is a Russian news site. You know? Russia? The country that provided advanced weapons to the Assad regime?
Yeah but the BBC isn't. Its all good man, I'm not here to convince you and I don't care to try. Believe what you want man.
Prince Baldr
Lord Akhenaton
Keltoi Samurai
Lord Akhenaton
Keltoi Samurai
Lord Akhenaton

Now that's solid policy.

You mean like this?

Witty Fairy

Lord Akhenaton
Prince Baldr
Lord Akhenaton
Keltoi Samurai
Lord Akhenaton

You mean like this?
Sure man, whatever you say brother. I told you I'm not here to convince you.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Lord Akhenaton
Prince Baldr
Lord Akhenaton
Keltoi Samurai
Lord Akhenaton

"They can't call us out! they did it, too!" is kinda a shitty attempt at counterargument.
Keltoi Samurai
Lord Akhenaton
Prince Baldr
Lord Akhenaton
Keltoi Samurai
Lord Akhenaton

"They can't call us out! they did it, too!" is kinda a shitty attempt at counterargument.

It's a question to the reliability of the news source.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Lord Akhenaton
Keltoi Samurai
Lord Akhenaton
Prince Baldr
Lord Akhenaton

It's a question to the reliability of the news source.

And does the Rape of Nanking call into question the reliability of the Japanese people when speaking of the Holocaust?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff