Welcome to Gaia! ::

Obama has other things he needs to do like Run for president next election. We can't let that get in the way of WTF 4 more years of Obama.

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
Jaydi Blaze
people can't get over bush, can they, eh?

It's a shame that despite your bitter hatred for President Bush, he's proven honorable as a CiC under this situation, unlike President Obama.
The Amora Bunny
Jaydi Blaze

It's a shame that despite your bitter hatred for President Bush, he's proven honorable as a CiC under this situation, unlike President Obama.
say someone hates bush for bringing him up after you brought him up, proceed to slam someone else in the same breath.

Yep, not biased or slanted in any way. Totally.

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
Yuki Goes Rawr
The Amora Bunny
Jaydi Blaze

say someone hates bush for bringing him up after you brought him up, proceed to slam someone else in the same breath.

Maybe to someone who doesn't read context very well, indeed.
When someone responds to a message pointing out where President Bush shined (ironically, one of a very few moments) with a response to bash the individual while giving a free pass at what the topic is directed at - the lack of President Obama's response to the tornadoes - hints towards butthurt President Bush hatred that hasn't gone away. It's been almost 3 years. Hence my comment.

Whereas you, with your response, is on par with Hannity asinine idiocy where he claims someone that believes in 9/11 theories (like pockybot) is a lover of Osama and a Terrorist lover. Don't be that stupid, Yuki.
The Amora Bunny
Yuki Goes Rawr
The Amora Bunny
Jaydi Blaze

Maybe to someone who doesn't read context very well, indeed.
When someone responds to a message pointing out where President Bush shined (ironically, one of a very few moments) with a response to bash the individual while giving a free pass at what the topic is directed at - the lack of President Obama's response to the tornadoes - hints towards butthurt President Bush hatred that hasn't gone away. It's been almost 3 years. Hence my comment.

Whereas you, with your response, is on par with Hannity asinine idiocy where he claims someone that believes in 9/11 theories (like pockybot) is a lover of Osama and a Terrorist lover. Don't be that stupid, Yuki.

Soo what you're saying is it's ok for you to bring bush up, but as soon as anyone else does it's foul play and/or butthurt?

Yep. Super cool story, bro.

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
Yuki Goes Rawr

Soo what you're saying is it's ok for you to bring bush up, but as soon as anyone else does it's foul play and/or butthurt?

No, that's not what I'm saying.
You fail at context comprehension.
The Amora Bunny
Yuki Goes Rawr

No, that's not what I'm saying.
You fail at context comprehension.
And you fail at technology.

Also, if that's not what you're saying, why is it that you focused only on bush and nothing else?

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
Yuki Goes Rawr

And now you're trolling, as that's another thread and the irony of it is that you're ignoring research.

Quote:
Also, if that's not what you're saying, why is it that you focused only on bush and nothing else?

Already explained it once; not going to repeat myself to someone that actively engages in trolling activity.
The Amora Bunny
Yuki Goes Rawr

And now you're trolling, as that's another thread and the irony of it is that you're ignoring research.

Quote:

Already explained it once; not going to repeat myself to someone that actively engages in trolling activity.

And you're not trolling?

sorry, I confused the threads. sue me.

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
Yuki Goes Rawr
And you're not trolling?

I never do.

Generous Elder

18,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Champion 300
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Eh, I'm not too angry with Obama

I'd rather have a guy who doesn't show up but sends help and congratulates those who deserve it than a guy who shows up for pictures and fly overs, and says "Heck of a Job Brownie"

Barton Elder

29,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Contributor 150
sonofzeal
Slick Southpaw
I thought they had the ability to cast natural disasters-like Bush did with Hurricane Katrina. cool

Oh no, Bush didn't cast Hurricane Katrina. He just sacked the budget for the people maintaining the levies in the years leading up to it. Big difference!

...I'm pretty sure that the President doesnt decide what the budget for a state or a city are...and Bush did declare Katrina a national disaster a few days before it even hit. He isnt responsible for the decisions of the people or government of Louisiana/New Orleans, just like Obama isnt responsible for the oil spill in the gulf. Its how a President reacts and shows his support after a national disaster thats important.

Has Obama at least put out a statement about the tornado's? I could give him credit if he had at least done that. Scheduling is crazy, but if he hasnt said anything at all, well, its his own image he's hurting...
Cissy-Chan
...I'm pretty sure that the President doesnt decide what the budget for a state or a city are...and Bush did declare Katrina a national disaster a few days before it even hit. He isnt responsible for the decisions of the people or government of Louisiana/New Orleans, just like Obama isnt responsible for the oil spill in the gulf. Its how a President reacts and shows his support after a national disaster thats important.

The Prez doesn't directly control state financing, no. But this wasn't state financing. The organization in charge of the levees was actually the US Army Corps of Engineers. Guess who the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces was? So yes, Bush directly controlled financing for maintainance of the levees.

Factcheck.org

In fiscal year 2004, the Corps requested $11 million for the project. The President’s budget allocated $3 million, and Congress furnished $5.5 million. Similarly, in fiscal 2005 the Corps requested $22.5 million, which the President cut to $3.9 million in his budget. Congress increased that to $5.5 million. “This was insufficient to fund new construction contracts,” according to a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ project fact sheet. The Corps reported that “seven new contracts are being delayed due to lack funds”.

And from before the disaster

Army Corps of Engineers: "In Orleans Parish, two major pump stations are threatened by hurricane storm surges. Major contracts need to be awarded to provide fronting protection for them. Also, several levees have settled and need to be raised to provide the design protection. The current funding shortfalls in fiscal year 2005 and fiscal year 2006 will prevent the Corps from addressing these pressing needs."

And also from before the disaster...

Walter Maestri, emergency management chief for Jefferson Parish: "It appears that the money has been moved in the president’s budget to handle homeland security and the war in Iraq , and I suppose that’s the price we pay. Nobody locally is happy that the levees can’t be finished, and we are doing everything we can to make the case that this is a security issue for us."

Cissy-Chan
Has Obama at least put out a statement about the tornado's? I could give him credit if he had at least done that. Scheduling is crazy, but if he hasnt said anything at all, well, its his own image he's hurting...

Oh yeah, he's talked about it. He declared it a disaster, lauded a local hero. He also grossly overstated the human toll. But yes, he's been talking about it plenty.

Barton Elder

29,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Contributor 150
Well, as long as he's acknowledged it, I'm happy. He's a busy guy, and while I question some of his appearance choices, he's done his part on this one.
The Amora Bunny
In a side by side comparison, we see one aspect where President Bush shined as our President and President Obama has failed the people

Quote:
GREENSBURG, Kan. — President Bush sought to lift spirits Wednesday in the wake of a killer tornado, dishing out hugs while stepping through the rubble of what had been a close-knit town of 1,400.

The president said he came to Kansas to tour the wreckage in the hopes that he could "touch somebody's soul by representing our country."

"A lot of us have seen the pictures about what happened here and pictures don't do it justice," said Bush, standing in the street in front of a brick one-story home that now has no roof. "There is a lot of destruction. Fortunately, a lot of folks had basements here in this part of the world and lived to see another day. Unfortunately, too many died," he said. Read More

Quote:
President Obama is opting not to visit the tornado-ravaged areas of the South, choosing instead to embark today on a three day tour out West where he will try to boost his political standing by talking up his approach to the deficit and raise millions for himself and fellow Democrats.

The tornadoes, part of a storm that rampaged though six states Saturday, resulted in one of the worst disasters of any kind in the United States since the Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Scores were left injured or homeless while 45 people were killed – about four times as many as died in the Gulf oil rig explosion and the subsequent oil spill last year. In North Carolina alone, there were nearly two-dozen storm-related deaths Saturday, with 130 homes destroyed and an estimated 700 more damaged.

Obama presents the Commander-in-Chief Trophy to the Air Force Academy football team in the Rose Garden Monday. He made no mention of the tornadoes.
photo by Keith Koffler

Not only is Obama staying away from the region, he has said almost nothing publicly about the tragedy beyond an interview with a North Carolina TV station and a very brief mention at a White House prayer breakfast. The president has failed to make the kind of national, attention-getting public statement presidents offer during crises to comfort victims by expressing the condolences of the nation and to seek charitable aid. Read More

To give a timeline (and some credit to President Obama to prove himself as being "for the people" instead of himself on the campaign trail); The storm that hit Kansas was on Friday. President Bush visited the area on Wednesday. That's 5 days.

The current storms that went through occurred on Saturday. It is now Wednesday without even a word from President Obama; He has until Thursday. Considering his campaign trail, he won't visit the area. It's wishful thinking that he would say something.

Will Republicans use this as a political tool to attack President Obama for 2012? (Come on, we all know politicians aren't above using disasters for political means). What is your view point on President Obama over this?

I have a bit more respect for President Bush over President Obama with regards to this. At least President Bush did something for the people and not himself.

I can almost guarantee you that if he had taken time off to visit the victims, he would have been lambasted by the media for "not focusing on the economy enough", "not focusing on gas prices", or something else. I'd also like to note that I'm glad that President Bush visited those places......it's more than he did with Hurricane Katrina.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff