Welcome to Gaia! ::

21,000 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
My history teacher told me that a good deal of it depends on what Ron Paul does. o.o

Like if he runs as an independent, Obama might very possibly win... neutral

Fanatical Zealot

Ahh, the 50's.

A time when you could say to your wife and 8 kids "Bye honey! I'm out to go install asbestos in a white's only bomb shelter!"

Man-Hungry Cleric

Suicidesoldier#1
iArchduke Franz Ferdinand
Shinobi-no-kitsune
The fact that the Republicans automatically are calling for the bombing of Iran has made me completely siding with Obama again.

You forgot about Paul. As you know he is against all wars.

And what is his plan on stopping them?

Paul's plan is to bring all of our troops home, and focus on defense. His reasoning is that we wouldn't like Chinese military bases on our soil, so why would other countries want our bases on their soil?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKBDHWDgBo

Fanatical Zealot

S Plissken
Suicidesoldier#1
Shinobi-no-kitsune
The fact that the Republicans automatically are calling for the bombing of Iran has made me completely siding with Obama again.

Paul's plan is to bring all of our troops home, and focus on defense. His reasoning is that we wouldn't like Chinese military bases on our soil, so why would other countries want our bases on their soil?

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKBDHWDgBo

That's not going to end war.

It's like saying that we wouldn't want Hitler to have a base here, and that Hitler wouldn't want us to make a base there- of course he wouldn't, we're there to stop him, and it's a good thing that we are.

Man-Hungry Cleric

Suicidesoldier#1

It's like saying that we wouldn't want Hitler to have a base here, and that Hitler wouldn't want us to make a base there- of course he wouldn't, we're there to stop him, and it's a good thing that we are.

Is it our job to get our military involved in another country just because we don't like the way it's being run? What were Hitler's motives for attacking other countries anyways? Did he use similar fear tactics as the US such as, "France has weapons of mass destruction, so we better set up bases and occupy their lands so that they can't use them!"? I should look into Hitler's motives for invading other countries, and see how much different they are from ours...

Swashbuckling Dabbler

7,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Clambake 200
Aven Loreli
Nope. Not with the crazy a** GOP candidates we have.

Sorry, I don't wanna go back to the 50s.

50's are a good time. People were actually respectful and religious! Now people are losing their religion.

And I care about a stupid dogma because...?

Fanatical Zealot

S Plissken
Suicidesoldier#1

Is it our job to get our military involved in another country just because we don't like the way it's being run? What were Hitler's motives for attacking other countries anyways? Did he use similar fear tactics as the US such as, "France has weapons of mass destruction, so we better set up bases and occupy their lands so that they can't use them!"? I should look into Hitler's motives for invading other countries, and see how much different they are from ours...

Hitler's motives "We deserve this territory becuase it is German territory, and Germans deserve to rule the whole world!

Everyone else is fit to be slave- the Jews however, must die."

That was Hitler's motive, to bring glory to Germany and to slaughter all the Jews, and then to enslave everyone else.

Pretty far cry from preventing genocide, the opposite thing, and preventing terrible drawn out world war by removing our targets early rather than to instigate such things.

Timid Shapeshifter

28,775 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Suicidesoldier#1
S Plissken
Suicidesoldier#1

Hitler's motives "We deserve this territory becuase it is German territory, and Germans deserve to rule the whole world!

That was Hitler's motive, to bring glory to Germany and to slaughter all the Jews, and then to enslave everyone else.

Pretty far cry from preventing genocide, the opposite thing, and preventing terrible drawn out world war by removing our targets early rather than to instigate such things.

Your just a tad bit off. Germany at first started taking back territories that it lost in the treaty of versailles and the rest of Europe didn't mind 'cause they also thought that the treaty was harsh so they turned a blind eye. Then Germany started to take over places that had a lot of German people and the reasoning behind that was something like "the German people here want a German goverment." Then Europe was disgruntled. The whole "This is mine"/ Social Darwinism 'tude wasn't all that popular until Germany invaded Poland and most of Europe declared war, but didn't do anything 'till way later because their economy was in the toilet.

Just to be clear I want be sure that there is a distinction between Hitler and Germany. The German people only went along with Hitler because they were desperate, 'cause when it cost a years salery to buy a loaf of bread, the charismatic rantings of lunitic with a unique mustache starts to sound like sound logic.

Fanatical Zealot

ang3lKist
Suicidesoldier#1
S Plissken
Suicidesoldier#1

Your just a tad bit off. Germany at first started taking back territories that it lost in the treaty of versailles and the rest of Europe didn't mind 'cause they also thought that the treaty was harsh so they turned a blind eye. Then Germany started to take over places that had a lot of German people and the reasoning behind that was something like "the German people here want a German goverment." Then Europe was disgruntled. The whole "This is mine"/ Social Darwinism 'tude wasn't all that popular until Germany invaded Poland and most of Europe declared war, but didn't do anything 'till way later because their economy was in the toilet.

Just to be clear I want be sure that there is a distinction between Hitler and Germany. The German people only went along with Hitler because they were desperate, 'cause when it cost a years salery to buy a loaf of bread, the charismatic rantings of lunitic with a unique mustache starts to sound like sound logic.

I think I pretty much covered all that, well except for maybe making out that German's aren't at fault for Hitler's actions but I isolated it pretty much so there you go.

Regardless of the treaty of Versailles being bad or good, Hitler thought he deserved the whole world so it's irrelevant. 3nodding

Mewling Kitten

7,475 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
if I were in america, I would vote Ron Paul...

Mewling Kitten

7,475 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Suicidesoldier#1
S Plissken
Suicidesoldier#1

Angel cora's Significant Otter

Romantic Hunter

I do want someone different, but none of the republican candidates look good...really their all rich a-holes if you ask me.

You know what I would like a new Goverment over all or new people to run if anyway. sweatdrop

Beloved Poster

Hello Pop
I do want someone different, but none of the republican candidates look very good either. I'm so conflicted on what to do. :/

I agree. The only one that remotely interests me is Ron Paul and he won't get the nomination. emo
Suicidesoldier#1
Shinobi-no-kitsune

He said, He will take all our troops that are in the foreign countries and bring them all home. But that idea is bad in one sense since now they will be looking for jobs, and we would have more jobless people.
Aven Loreli
Aven Loreli
Nope. Not with the crazy a** GOP candidates we have.

Sorry, I don't wanna go back to the 50s.

50's are a good time. People were actually respectful and religious! Now people are losing their religion.

And I care about a stupid dogma because...?

It's not stupid, ma bete copine.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces