Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nope, voting for Hussein again if only as a gesture to the stripe of people that I hate. Knowing that he's going to win and choosing to be on the winning team doesn't hurt, either.

Man-Hungry Cleric

iArchduke Franz Ferdinand
S Plissken

Religion will always be in politics since our founding fathers were devout Christian. All our presidents have been Christian. A country can't survive without some sort of religion.

I don't think a country needs religion to survive. Don't forget that there were religious countries that demanded human sacrifices. xd

Those were the Aztecs!

It's still some sort of religion. xd

Yes actually. Me and Santorum share the same ideals. I also detest homosexuals and I would also force them all to get unmarried.

I think marriage should be a private religious ceremony, and not controlled by the government. If a church is willing to marry a man with a mare, let them have it.
S Plissken
S Plissken

Religion will always be in politics since our founding fathers were devout Christian. All our presidents have been Christian. A country can't survive without some sort of religion.

I don't think a country needs religion to survive. Don't forget that there were religious countries that demanded human sacrifices. xd

Those were the Aztecs!

It's still some sort of religion. xd

Yes actually. Me and Santorum share the same ideals. I also detest homosexuals and I would also force them all to get unmarried.

I think marriage should be a private religious ceremony, and not controlled by the government. If a church is willing to marry a man with a mare, let them have it.

what is a mare?

Man-Hungry Cleric

S Plissken

what is a mare?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
XinfinitelyX
GOP is like...

NO. It's like... would you vote for Idiot A, B, C, or Obama?
I'll take O.

Obama is the worst president in America's history.

looooool

plz explain why

Savage Tactician

19,000 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
XinfinitelyX
GOP is like...

NO. It's like... would you vote for Idiot A, B, C, or Obama?
I'll take O.

Obama is the worst president in America's history.

LOL. Yeah...
No.
What about Bushy?
Did you forget about him already?

Oh right, I'm sorry. You're a republican that'd rather forget.
Maybe you're just butthurt and racist. I have no idea.

GOP is more concerned about incorporating religion into the government, while the constitution says clearly that religion and the government should be separate.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
Elizabeth Ashworth
Zhyk
Obama is the lesser of all evils. confused The GOP candidates are all insane and scary.

The Grand Old Party candidates are not all scary except Paul. Once you start to listen to their speech's and know a little bit about their life then you will love them.

No, just no. Look into any of their backgrounds and you will find scary things. These men of the GOP are insane, they want to eliminate women's rights and if you don't believe me, look it up. Also, they all have major faults in their campaigns. Also, they are trying to eliminate the separation of church and state when in the CONSTITUTION its states that we must have that separation.

The GOP talks about bringing the country back to the founding fathers, well I hope you know almost all of them were atheist.

Santorum is Catholic and I'm Catholic as well. We are the truest Christian denomination. Romney is Mormon and I like Mormons even though they are just a cult. Gingrich is not really religious but his wife is also Catholic. Romney and Santorum would make two fantastic presidents.

That entire speech was pointless, and Catholics are horrible, I would know seeing how I am a former one. They are some of the most hypocritical people around, they say love all, but damn those against their "bible" to hell. Both would make shitty Presidents and the Catholics are a shitty religion.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
Fatal Whale
Kosai Avonej
Please do the world a favor and keep your religious nutjobs in the proper place they belong, an insane asylum and not in politics. K thanks.

wrong again, the founding fathers were ATHEIST, thus why they wanted seperation of church and state. Before you say s**t, research.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Elizabeth Ashworth
Fatal Whale
Kosai Avonej
Please do the world a favor and keep your religious nutjobs in the proper place they belong, an insane asylum and not in politics. K thanks.

wrong again, the founding fathers were ATHEIST, thus why they wanted seperation of church and state. Before you say s**t, research.

Wow. :V

"Lambert (2003) has examined the religious affiliations and beliefs of the Founders. Of the 55 delegates to the 1787 Constitutional Convention, 49 were Protestants, and three were Roman Catholics (C. Carroll, D. Carroll, and Fitzsimons). Among the Protestant delegates to the Constitutional Convention, 28 were Church of England (or Episcopalian, after the American Revolutionary War was won) , eight were Presbyterians, seven were Congregationalists, two were Lutherans, two were Dutch Reformed, and two were Methodists.

A few prominent Founding Fathers were anti-clerical Christians, such as Thomas Jefferson[14][15][16] (who created the so-called "Jefferson Bible" ) and Benjamin Franklin.[17] A few others (most notably Thomas Paine) were deists, or at least held beliefs very similar to those of deists.[18]"

Walking proof that the American education system is s**t.

I guess the flip side of the coin is that a lot of them were also slave holders. Nevertheless, a lot of the founding father's ideals were long tossed out the can. But throwing a hissy fit and insisting that they weren't attached to the church is just ignorant.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
Mitsumi-chan
Elizabeth Ashworth
Fatal Whale
Kosai Avonej

Wow. :V

"Lambert (2003) has examined the religious affiliations and beliefs of the Founders. Of the 55 delegates to the 1787 Constitutional Convention, 49 were Protestants, and three were Roman Catholics (C. Carroll, D. Carroll, and Fitzsimons). Among the Protestant delegates to the Constitutional Convention, 28 were Church of England (or Episcopalian, after the American Revolutionary War was won) , eight were Presbyterians, seven were Congregationalists, two were Lutherans, two were Dutch Reformed, and two were Methodists.

A few prominent Founding Fathers were anti-clerical Christians, such as Thomas Jefferson[14][15][16] (who created the so-called "Jefferson Bible" ) and Benjamin Franklin.[17] A few others (most notably Thomas Paine) were deists, or at least held beliefs very similar to those of deists.[18]"

Walking proof that the American education system is s**t.

Source?

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Elizabeth Ashworth
Source?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Founding_Fathers_of_the_United_States#Religion

Fashionable Sex Symbol

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
Mitsumi-chan
Elizabeth Ashworth
Source?

Your source is invalid, Wikipedia can be changed by anyone anytime, therefor it is unreliable. Try again.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Elizabeth Ashworth
Mitsumi-chan
Elizabeth Ashworth
Source?

Your source is invalid, Wikipedia can be changed by anyone anytime, therefor it is unreliable. Try again.

There's something called footnotes that link to actual sources. There's nothing preventing you from reading them. You haven't been around much, have you?

Frank Lambert. The Founding Fathers and the Place of Religion in America. (Princeton, NJ> Princeton University Press, 2003).

Here's the name of the book it was pulled from. Or are you going to go Area 51 on me? I love conspiracy theories.

You also forget that back in those days going to church was the social norm. It's really nothing surprising.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
Mitsumi-chan
Elizabeth Ashworth
Mitsumi-chan
Elizabeth Ashworth
Source?

There's something called footnotes that link to actual sources. There's nothing preventing you from reading them. You haven't been around much, have you?

Frank Lambert. The Founding Fathers and the Place of Religion in America. (Princeton, NJ> Princeton University Press, 2003).

Here's the name of the book it was pulled from. Or are you going to go Area 51 on me? I love conspiracy theories.

You also forget that back in those days going to church was the social norm. It's really nothing surprising.

I am sorry, let me correct myself, not athiest but Deists. http://freethought.mbdojo.com/foundingfathers.html

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Elizabeth Ashworth

I am sorry, let me correct myself, not athiest but Deists. http://freethought.mbdojo.com/foundingfathers.html

So you're going to take an unsourced website from Google over the word of a university history professor who's worked at the school that Neil Armstrong graduated from for over 22 years? Ok. Sounds not shady. (And you call wikipedia bad information?) lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff