Welcome to Gaia! ::

Playful Guildswoman

She Was Phone
jellykans
She Was Phone
jellykans
Goldgato
Quote:
Tamon Robinson died in April after he was struck by an NYPD squad car during a chase in which Robinson attempted to flee from police. Now the cops want his family to pay up. Robinson’s mother, Laverne Dobbinson, was sent a bill for $710 by a collection agency hired by the city to pay for repairs to the car that struck her son. The city said it would file a lawsuit if the debt was not paid. Police allege that Robinson was caught stealing decorative stones from a Brooklyn housing project and was struck by the car — his death was ruled accidental — during a subsequent chase.

source

There is no basis in U.S. law for the mother to be charged, unless he was driving her vehicle with her permission.
He was not driving at all, he was on foot.

542/514on one streamer - ty.

.....on foot???? New York City should issue a formal apology!!! And the mother should consider pursuing a wrongful death suit to a higher level court...surely there is an attorney who would take it on contingency to pursue fame (and wealth on other cases.

That is just wrong!
Thanks for playing!

Well, they did issue an apology for the bill, at least. He was 27, so not a minor. I just googled his name for the info.

i strongly suspect the apology was issued to avoid further litigation -- or a riot.

Greedy Pirate

11,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Mark Twain 100
jellykans
She Was Phone
jellykans
She Was Phone
jellykans

There is no basis in U.S. law for the mother to be charged, unless he was driving her vehicle with her permission.

.....on foot???? New York City should issue a formal apology!!! And the mother should consider pursuing a wrongful death suit to a higher level court...surely there is an attorney who would take it on contingency to pursue fame (and wealth on other cases.

That is just wrong!
Thanks for playing!

Well, they did issue an apology for the bill, at least. He was 27, so not a minor. I just googled his name for the info.

i strongly suspect the apology was issued to avoid further litigation -- or a riot.
Why would anyone riot over the accidental death of a thieving vandal?

Playful Guildswoman

She Was Phone
jellykans
She Was Phone
jellykans
She Was Phone
jellykans

That is just wrong!
Thanks for playing!

Betcha ;the man was a person of color. And while he probably did the crime, he certainly was not a convicted criminal, death was way over the top as punishment (it was decorative stones....likely penalty a fine), and.....um....he never had a trial. Oh, and yes....that does sound like extremely bad driving for which a lay person would most likely have been arrested for manslaughter.

Nothing new - Les Miserables was a French novel about a man put on a prison ship for 20 years over a loaf of bread....

Greedy Pirate

11,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Mark Twain 100
jellykans
She Was Phone
jellykans
She Was Phone
jellykans

That is just wrong!
Thanks for playing!

Betcha ;the man was a person of color. And while he probably did the crime, he certainly was not a convicted criminal, death was way over the top as punishment (it was decorative stones....likely penalty a fine), and.....um....he never had a trial. Oh, and yes....that does sound like extremely bad driving for which a lay person would most likely have been arrested for manslaughter.

Nothing new - Les Miserables was a French novel about a man put on a prison ship for 20 years over a loaf of bread....
He was caught in the act and ran like an idiot. Damaging the sidewalk could cause dangers for pedestrians, cyclists, and the wheelchair-bound so it is not just a simple theft.

Hope the dead guy had no kids, because otherwise he is a perfect candidate for a Darwin award.

Playful Guildswoman

She Was Phone
jellykans
She Was Phone
jellykans
She Was Phone
jellykans

That is just wrong!
Thanks for playing!

He was caught in the act and ran like an idiot. Damaging the sidewalk could cause dangers for pedestrians, cyclists, and the wheelchair-bound so it is not just a simple theft.

Hope the dead guy had no kids, because otherwise he is a perfect candidate for a Darwin award.

Was looking for a prayer? benediction? quote? with no luck, it went something like this:

"May justice and mercy follow you all the days of your life."

I did find plenty for another thread.

I love the old Wile E. Coyote and Roadrunner cartoons, but I wouldn't want to see that irl.
The absurd level of overkill is the basis of the humor in them.

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
How the ******** did the cop accidentally run him over? And not only are they demanding a lot of money but they're giving the family less than 2 weeks to pay it. They have funeral costs and ect. To pay for also. Greedy rude a** ********

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Booty Tickle
How the ******** did the cop accidentally run him over? And not only are they demanding a lot of money but they're giving the family less than 2 weeks to pay it. They have funeral costs and ect. To pay for also. Greedy rude a** ******** said the car struck him, not that he was run over, and the car was chasing him as he ran from the scene of his crime. The city apologized for sending the bill and will not be holding his family responsible.

Greedy Pirate

11,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Mark Twain 100
jellykans
She Was Phone
jellykans
She Was Phone
jellykans

Was looking for a prayer? benediction? quote? with no luck, it went something like this:

"May justice and mercy follow you all the days of your life."

I did find plenty for another thread.

I love the old Wile E. Coyote and Roadrunner cartoons, but I wouldn't want to see that irl.
The absurd level of overkill is the basis of the humor in them.
You paraphrased a portion of Psalm #23:

Quote:

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

I always wondered why Wile E. didn't just spend some of his apparently endless supply of cash on a nice turkey dinner, but he explained in one episode that the Road Runner was a rare delicacy, with a chart indicating what all the bird's different parts tasted like.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff