Welcome to Gaia! ::

Privacy Board: NSA telephone records program illegal

"The board doesn't have any legal teeth, so its recommendations won't change government practices the way a court ruling might.

But the findings are a stinging rebuke of President Barack Obama's legal defense of the program, in which the NSA tracks millions of telephone calls each day, harvesting the telephone numbers involved, the time calls are placed and how long they last."

"The government is now studying whether to require telephone companies to hold the data, or to create a new third-party agency to collect the data."

Full Story

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
God, don't you ignorant, racist hicks get it?

It's not illegal, because Bush did it, too. If Bush did it, and didn't get caught, then that means that it's only fair to allow it to continue under Obama. Anything else is just racist.
Keltoi Samurai

It's not illegal, because Bush did it, too. If Bush did it, and didn't get caught, then that means that it's only fair to allow it to continue under Obama. Anything else is just racist.

Yeah, Bush kinda didn't get away with it because this was the exact thing everyone was screaming bloody murder over when the Patriot Act was introduced.

Also, one Senator Barack Obama voice his oppositions to the very thing he's overseeing now;

Flip-flop

I find it funny how you instantly pulled the race card. Maybe you should have a better and far more substantial argument.

Aged Lunatic

--Sky Kid Tai--

Yeah, Bush kinda didn't get away with it because this was the exact thing everyone was screaming bloody murder over when the Patriot Act was introduced.

And if I recall back then, conservatives were telling people against it to shut up or we're letting the freedom hating terrorists win. Yet now they're opposed to it....
GunsmithKitten
--Sky Kid Tai--

And if I recall back then, conservatives were telling people against it to shut up or we're letting the freedom hating terrorists win. Yet now they're opposed to it....

Yeah, I remember that s**t. Though I myself would be considered conservative I was still against it. Refardless though I still have to question the thought processes off people defending both administrations.

Regardless, since Barry is in the big boy chair, he's the one who can actually do something (along with every other pig currently sitting in D.C.). It still leaves me awestruck at the lengths people go to defend this guy by blaming Bush when the current administration perpetuates and grows it.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
--Sky Kid Tai--
Keltoi Samurai

Also, one Senator Barack Obama voice his oppositions to the very thing he's overseeing now;

Flip-flop

I find it funny how you instantly pulled the race card. Maybe you should have a better and far more substantial argument.

Well of course Obama was against it then, but it didn't stop Bush from doing it.

Now it's just his turn. It's only fair.
Keltoi Samurai
--Sky Kid Tai--
Keltoi Samurai

Flip-flop

Well of course Obama was against it then, but it didn't stop Bush from doing it.

So its okay just because its "fair"? Right...

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
--Sky Kid Tai--
Keltoi Samurai
--Sky Kid Tai--
Keltoi Samurai

Flip-flop

No, it's OK, because Bush got away with it, so it wouldn't just be unfair to deny Obama his turn, it'd be racist, too, since Obama's black.

Being unfair is bad enough, but it's a whole different beast when the person you're being unfair to is a different race.

Like, if Clinton had done it, then we punished Bush for doing the same thing, that wouldn't be so bad, and fairness isn't even a concern, but the problem is that Bush is white, so to let him do something and not let Obama do it becomes problematic.
Keltoi Samurai
--Sky Kid Tai--
Keltoi Samurai
--Sky Kid Tai--
Keltoi Samurai

Flip-flop

No, it's OK, because Bush got away with it, so it wouldn't just be unfair to deny Obama his turn, it'd be racist, too, since Obama's black.

Being unfair is bad enough, but it's a whole different beast when the person you're being unfair to is a different race.

Like, if Clinton had done it, then we punished Bush for doing the same thing, that wouldn't be so bad, and fairness isn't even a concern, but the problem is that Bush is white, so to let him do something and not let Obama do it becomes problematic.

Not sure if trolling -.-

Also, love the blatant racism.

Problem with this logic: Barry already called Bush out, but then turns around, makes an assclown of himself and does the exact same thing.

But basically is what you're saying is I can start using racial slurs even though I accused you of being racist yourself. Thats the (flawed) logic I'm getting here.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
--Sky Kid Tai--
Keltoi Samurai
--Sky Kid Tai--
Keltoi Samurai
--Sky Kid Tai--
Keltoi Samurai

Flip-flop

Not sure if trolling -.-

Problem with this logic: Barry already called Bush out, but then turns around, makes an assclown of himself and does the exact same thing.

But basically is what you're saying is I can start using racial slurs even though I accused you of being racist yourself. Thats the (flawed) logic I'm getting here.

You're the one wanting to deny a black man his turn to do what white men have done.

And it doesn't matter what he said before he became the president, because the moment he became the president, it was his turn.
Keltoi Samurai
--Sky Kid Tai--
Keltoi Samurai
--Sky Kid Tai--
Keltoi Samurai

Not sure if trolling -.-

You're the one wanting to deny a black man his turn to do what white men have done.

And it doesn't matter what he said before he became the president, because the moment he became the president, it was his turn.

The fact that you continue to use race as the central basis for your entire argument is hilariously pathetic; showcasing that you only see what you want to see and closing your mind to anything that challenges your feeble view of the world.
The issue is privacy and the collection of the data by the NSA.

This bit of "old news" is (finally) deemed unconstitutional. The course of actions the NSA have taken under the Bush administration was how they (the administration at the time) felt it was necessary to go about handling the issues of the nation. Bush is no longer in office; And I hope future presidents will continue to address matters of security and safety without disrupting or causing further tension among the diverse population of civilians, as well as maintaining balance with other nations.

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
*waits to see how long it takes people to realize Keltoi is baiting them again* ...
JamesWN
*waits to see how long it takes people to realize Keltoi is baiting them again* ...

It's okay ^^; ... I like Homestuck too.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Keltoi Samurai

Doing the 'racist' bit in this thread too I see.
Is that your troll word of the week?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces