Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Phantom

Dennis Rodman visited North Korea as part of a basketball exhibition with the Harlem Globetrotters. He toured Pyongyang and dined with the country’s leader. After returning to the United States, Rodman said, on NBC’s “Today Show,” that Kim Jong Un wants President Barack Obama to call him. Rodman also said that Kim said to him: “I don’t want to do war.”

Rodman and Kim Jong Un apparently bonded via love of basketball, and Rodman has suggested that President Obama and the North Korean leader could do the same.

At the White House, on Monday, Press Secretary Carney also said that the White House has urged the North Korean leadership to heed President Obama’s call to choose the path of peace and coming into compliance with its international obligations, but North Korea’s actions directly violate United Nations Security Council resolution.

No word from Carney as to whether Obama will be calling Kim Jong Un as Rodman claims the North Korean leader has suggested.

Greedy Consumer

Sounds odd lol. Link?

Lonely Phantom

We Are Organisms
Sounds odd lol. Link?

KIM JONG UN'S A BASKETBALL FAN

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
So... potential real, official end to the Korean War may be in the future?

What's funny is that my dad's watching M*A*S*H in the living room as I read this.
I'll believe it when I see it and not a moment sooner.

Lily-livered Cutie-Pie

8,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
They're trying to get to know us even more. We need to keep on our guard.

Lonely Phantom

Lady Mallory
They're trying to get to know us even more. We need to keep on our guard.

Through Basketball? <->

Cheery Genius

This makes me extremely happy. The only way the US is ever going to work out their issues with the DPRK (and vice-versa) is if the two parties are willing to communicate peacefully. What Rodman did is an excellent thing, and it proves that we can't leave diplomacy to politicians alone.

...I don't think Marshal Kim Jong-un should come to the US, though (at least not now). I think there would be too many security risks.

Lonely Phantom

Kimjongilia
This makes me extremely happy. The only way the US is ever going to work out their issues with the DPRK (and vice-versa) is if the two parties are willing to communicate peacefully. What Rodman did is an excellent thing, and it proves that we can't leave diplomacy to politicians alone.

...I don't think Marshal Kim Jong-un should come to the US, though (at least not now). I think there would be too many security risks.

Yeah when i heard this on the news i was like. "F**KING FINALLY." scream

Cheery Genius

Patriotic Paladin
Kimjongilia

Really? You and I seem to be some of the few who had that reaction. A lot of people I know refuse to see that this is a positive thing.

Lonely Phantom

Kimjongilia
Patriotic Paladin
Kimjongilia

Really? You and I seem to be some of the few who had that reaction. A lot of people I know refuse to see that this is a positive thing.

They're just paranoid. sweatdrop

Barton Paladin

17,690 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Patriotic Paladin
Kimjongilia
Patriotic Paladin
Kimjongilia

More like wary. Keep in mind North Korea recently (once again) threatened total war with the US over the yearly maneuvers we conduct with South Korea.

Liberal Reveler

9,550 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Even if they play buddy-buddy, one wrong move and it's bad news.

Wheezing Werewolf

10,950 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Bidding War 100
i still feel uneasy about this. but i'll have an open mind that the u.s and n.k can be good pin-pals

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Elraine Figarette
Patriotic Paladin
Kimjongilia
Patriotic Paladin
Kimjongilia

More like wary. Keep in mind North Korea recently (once again) threatened total war with the US over the yearly maneuvers we conduct with South Korea.

Which is why this story sounds like bullshit.
"I KILLZ U! I KILLZ U! I KILLZ U!
oooh! look! a basketball!
LET'S BE FRIENDS!"

sure, sounds reasonable.
Because, you know, if it wasn't for real it would be the very first time DPRK ever pretended to be softening to buy time to do what they wanted before turning nasty again.
Also, probably proudly proclaiming how you are going to host Pirate Bay against the US wishes is probably not the best first step in this glorious new friendship.
I'm not saying Rodman's lying but he may well have been lied to or read what he wanted to hear into the things that were said.

@Kimjongilia
It's not as though the rest of us don't see better relations between the US and DPRK as a good thing. It's merely that we are skeptical about what DPRK says because they have lied many times in the past. Ultimately their actions will be what matters, not what they may have said to Dennis Rodman on a basketball trip. Time will tell I guess.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff