Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Hunter

Quote:
NEW ORLEANS – San Francisco 49ers cornerback Chris Culliver has reportedly made inflammatory comments regarding homosexuality in football just a few days before Super Bowl XLVII.

Shock jock Artie Lange revealed he had interviewed Culliver at media day Tuesday and aired a segment on his show that night, where the player insisted that any gay players would not be welcome on the team.

"I don't do the gay guys man," said Culliver, whose Niners play the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. "I don't do that. No, we don't got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do.

"Can't be with that sweet stuff. Nah…can't be…in the locker room man. Nah."

When quizzed by Lange whether any homosexual athletes would need to keep their sexuality a secret in football, Culliver responded: "Yeah, come out 10 years later after that."

In the NFL's long history, there has never been an openly gay active player. However, sexual orientation has increasingly come into the spotlight recently.

The Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax saga was believed by many to be a ruse designed to hide his homosexuality, a claim that was vehemently denied by the former Notre Dame defensive star.

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo has been an outspoken supporter of gay rights, using the profile of Super Bowl week to bring the issue further into the spotlight.

And Monday, a report surfaced that former NFL player Kwame Harris had been charged with assaulting a former boyfriend.

"You always think because of the odds and the numbers there are gay players in the NFL," former Pittsburgh Steelers running back Jerome Bettis told Huffington Post Live. "They haven't obviously come out and told anyone about it not even behind the scenes.

"Obviously there will be people who disagree and people who don't have a problem with it, but that will be in life as well. I don't think it is going to affect someone's play.

"Because it is so testosterone driven, it'd be really difficult for a gay player to stand up and say, 'Hey, I'm gay and I'm an NFL player.' "

Culliver, 24, did little to improve his own reputation on Wednesday, sending out a Tweet about a woman's monthly cycle.

Culliver, a reserve defensive back for San Francisco, appeared in all 16 games, recording 48 tackles and two interceptions.

Source

Swashbuckling Humorist

14,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
********, now I have to root for the damn Ravens.

Playful Guildswoman

Anne ********, now I have to root for the damn Ravens.[/quote]
rvlfwlkq:0="Anne ********, now I have to root for the damn Ravens.[/quote]
Lol.

Fashionable Hunter

Anne ********, now I have to root for the damn Ravens.[/quote]

That was actually exactly what I thought when I read the first few sentence
rvlfwlkq:0="Anne ********, now I have to root for the damn Ravens.[/quote]

That was actually exactly what I thought when I read the first few sentences xd

Witty Phantom

Brace yourselves, a shitstorm is coming...

I'm rooting for the Ravens anyway.

Karisa_Wolfgang's Princess

Adorable Sweetheart

Yay...my town is the niners nuts. My family are too...
Ahah, this'll be interesting.
xD

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
I don't blame any Football player of being paranoid of and oposed to Gay Men or Women being on their team.

Naked men, battleing reality, with concusions, trying to stager through the showers...

I don't blame them at all if they don't think they could handle those distractions and high concentration things while they are trying to monitor each other's mental state with concusions and other injuries.

Girlfriends are also frowned upon and posters and flashing things and anything unique and noises and cellphones.

Now let's see if a couple teams can open up and say " We accept Gay Men". The downside is that wouldn't be the systems that owners use for trading players and putting values on players.

Dapper Spotter

Judging from this guy's use of English, then he must be right and we should believe him! emotion_awesome

Shy Noob

"No, we don't got no gay people on the team,"

So I'm confused, does this mean the entire team is gay?

This article once again proves that an education isn't a necessity to play pro-foots ball. I'd also like to point out that he did go to college, North Carolina. What's so great about this is that there is some kid out there who i looking to this guy as a role model. But hey way to break a stereo type Chris, Jesus is proud of you.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I don't really care about football either way, but this guy's grammar is a testament to my belief that most athletes don't evolve past the dumb jock stage

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Spindlewick
Judging from this guy's use of English, then he must be right and we should believe him! emotion_awesome
From his useage of the english vocabulary...I take it he is black. Quite a bit of blacks don't care for the gay community. Supposably black players make up about 70% or Football.

Dapper Spotter

xdivision_whitey
Spindlewick
From his useage of the english vocabulary...I take it he is black. Quite a bit of blacks don't care for the gay community. Supposably black players make up about 70% or Football.

Would it be bad to say that I googled this guy's name, saw who he was and literally went: "Oh, makes sense now"
So he's not going to hold a parade and invite any gays to the holiday dinners. This is important why? Pretty much every team and major athlete (this guy has played a whopping SIX games this season, so he's not exactly their star) has flat out stated they don't care if the guy can play.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Spindlewick
xdivision_whitey
Spindlewick

Would it be bad to say that I googled this guy's name, saw who he was and literally went: "Oh, makes sense now"

I didn't even do that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces