Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Law enforcement sources say Adam Lanza was motivated by violent video games and a strong desire to kill more people than another infamous mass murderer.

Sources say Lanza saw himself as being in direct competition with Anders Breivik, a Norwegian man who killed 77 people in July 2011.

A look back at the Norway massacre
Violent video games and mass violence a complex link

Breivik killed eight with a bombing in downtown Oslo. He then moved to a nearby island where hunted down and fatally shot 69 people, mostly teenagers attending a summer camp.

Two officials who have been briefed on the Newtown, Conn., investigation say Lanza wanted to top Breivik's death toll and targeted nearby Sandy Hook Elementary School because it was the "easiest target" with the "largest cluster of people."

Newtown victim's family raises money for autism
Newtown mother: Lanza home a "black spot" in neighborhood
Watch: After Newtown, Congress calls for violent video game regulation

Evidence shows that his mind, sources say, Lanza was also likely acting out the fantasies of a video game as he killed 20 first graders and six adults at the school. For Lanza, the deaths apparently amounted to some kind of "score."

But Lanza ended his killing spree sooner than he intended. Unlike Breivik, who surrendered, Lanza killed himself as police closed in. Just before his suicide, Lanza fired some shots at police in the school's parking lot.

Officials have not publicly revealed what led them to the motive, but sources say investigators have found evidence Lanza was obsessed with Breivik.

They've also recovered what they called a "trove" of video games from the basement of Lanza's home. Sources say Lanza spent countless hours there alone, in a private gaming room with the windows blacked out, honing his computer shooting skills.

Lanza also made multiple visits to nearby gun ranges with his mother, Nancy Lanza, where they practiced together with actual weapons. Three guns, all registered to Nancy Lanza, were used in the Sandy Hook massacre. Lanza used a fourth weapon to kill his mother before his attack on the school.

read on

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
I'm not reading this.

There have been rumors that he worshipped and was motivated by this man in Norway. With these rumors there are claims he had tons and tons of Video games. There is even talk of a special room in the basement that was colored black with the windows covered in black and the walls with stacked with the most violent video games on Earth for consoles and his computer.

Police keep saying that most of this is false, this is a rumor, and they don't want to comment further.

Now, I can't totally trust everything I heard and saw since it filtered through the Media, but the first days it appeared as though they could only find about three games and only one had a high rating / was violent. Remember all the computers had been trashed with Hard Drives stolen or Wiped, also. So... I do think there is more then happened then we'll ever know. I also feel some what doubtful Adam killed those children. It sounded like he would have sensory issues, so a gun would be repulsive even if he shot it himself. The latest information on him is he had a sensory disorder and was becoming, what medically would be considered, catatonic in school at some point so he was pulled out or dropped out. No clue how much of this is true or accurate but I did get some ideas about him from people that knew him the first day this was going on and that started before the news was calling him the suspect.
I know what this is. I recognize it. It's this list.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Well, if it was a competition, then Breivik won by a landslide. dramallama
That Cursed Number

I feel awful for laughing at that list, but I lost it when I read "An Hero"
My aunt missed the bombing in Oslo by 11 minutes, she left work early because she had a doctors appointment.
Flygoedla
That Cursed Number

I feel awful for laughing at that list, but I lost it when I read "An Hero"
My aunt missed the bombing in Oslo by 11 minutes, she left work early because she had a doctors appointment.

Personally I was in Hvaler, Østfold; on magic mushrooms and Jägermeister and kind of in the wrong company. They figured it would be cool if we took a shot each time they said "Norge" on TV2 Nyhetskanalen. Not many on Facebook would join and the participants had a hard time the following weeks. Not worse than all the people blaming the Muslims for the attack, but anyway.

I would go on to walk around the island, with a gas pistol, yelling about Muslims and Communists for about an hour or so to mock the guy. I'm kind of surprised the cops didn't show up. Maybe they already know that his ideology is the antithesis of mine.
I don't know that I believe there is any connection between to the two shootings at all. Breivik was a nationalist who targeted his victims because of their political ideology. The other guy killed 1st graders.

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
So... when will all this stuff finally be out of the news? I'm kinda getting tired of it all.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Honey of the South
So... when will all this stuff finally be out of the news? I'm kinda getting tired of it all.

When something more sexy <<< term used by some Media > comes along.

Lonely Browser

That Cursed Number

wow. thats just...omg.

Aged Lunatic

If that's true, he might have also been a member of Anonymous, given that group's public fawning all over Brevik.

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Honey of the South

I think now is he time to publicly (via radio call-ins and social media) to create and promote a shootings drinking game/bingo.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
I am fuming right now (have been since I heard this report on WFSB/CBS awhile ago) because a couple of people - one in particular, were on my case for making a certain rant about keeping gaming to gaming and not bring it into reality.

There is a girl in my state that is on trial right now for stuff and she, too, is "in on it" because she intended to do the same. Luckily she was caught before she caused another tragedy/ We need to update the laws at this point and treat this as terrorism and severe consequences. I know there are serious consequences now. But they need to be upgraded.
I love how every time there is a shooting everyone points fingers at video games so they won't have to take the heat.

They said the mother told baby sitters, don't turn your back on him. I think it was either he didn't give two shits about hurting anyone. Or he was autistic it wasn't the video games at fault.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff