Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stone-cold Aggressor

13,250 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
New 'Facebook for Rich People' Costs Just $9,000 to Join.

excerpt:
Quote:
Netropolitan is a new social network that bills itself as "the online country club for people with more money than time." It launched today and organizers insist that it's not a joke.
The $9,000 fee includes a $6,000 initiation fee, plus a $3,000 annual fee. You must be 21 to join. You'll supposedly be able to chat with like-minded individuals, though Netropolitan declined to provide details about its user base.
Netropolitan"We simply cannot stress enough how important preserving our members' privacy is to us," the company said. "Other than announcing that at our launch we already had several hundred members, we will never publicly state the exact number of members in the club. And especially, we will NEVER release or verify the identity of any of our members – ever.
What does $9,000 get you? Basically a Facebook rip-off. In screen shots, user profiles include access to activity, profile, notifications, messages, location, friends, and followers. An update box lets you tell fellow members "where you are and what you're up to."

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2468652,00.asp Facebook for rich

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I'll put that on my list right after that $300 Denny's breakfast at that one Denny's that is trying to be all high class.

Stone-cold Aggressor

13,250 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
David2074
I'll put that on my list right after that $300 Denny's breakfast at that one Denny's that is trying to be all high class.

lol
Did dennys start selling caviar and lobster?

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Holidazed
David2074

lol

Just one.
Upscale Denny's offers $300 combo meal

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
It might be good for mobsters who have money and want privacy when talking to their friends-as long as it is not a cover for the NSA

Stone-cold Aggressor

13,250 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
David2074
Holidazed
David2074

lol

Just one.
Upscale Denny's offers $300 combo meal

Wow crazy.

Quotable Prophet

I think it's a scam, actually. Probably some idiot with some basic computer skills trying to make some cash off stupid rich people.

Kawaii Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
Well, since you have to pay an annual fee, I hope that the fancier items in farmville are free, and you never have to send people requests for parts.
That being said, I wonder how many people would jump for this?
My guess is that trust fund babies would say yes, though I doubt that adults would be interested in a $9000 facebook account when you can join the real thing for free.

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
The crap?
Why would rich people even use this???

Liberal Shopper

6,250 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
Mitsuki Horenake
The crap?
Why would rich people even use this???

Likely as a less used private chat system. Keep out annoyances such as those you dislike as well as authorities. Unless the NSA decides to filter through this (which they will).

Tipsy Smoker

Do brains even work anymore?

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
This has to be a scam...I feel it...in my belly!

...please tell me you know where that quote is from.

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Scam or not, you would have to be crazy desperate to join.
Stuuuupid lol! The ones who join and the ones who will join, couldnt figure out how to add the friends they want on facebook lol cheese_whine

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff