Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Fatcat

Note to self: Dont live anywhere near a HOA block, especially if I want to build a playhouse or some other play area for my kid with any color they desire. They will throw a hissy fit.

Personally, I have a feeling that the HOA is worried that somehow a little pink playhouse is going to decimate the property values of the neighborhood.

Fuzzy Bunny

17,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Vladimir Nosiano
...The ******** is wrong with people these days?

Backyard. It's in the freaking back yard. You won't see it unless you make an effort to look at it. Don't like it? mind your own business, and stay in your ******** lane.Don't give me crap about asinine rules that don't apply to a little shed that was painted pink for a ******** out of here with this nonsense. talk2hand
I could easily see into almost every back yard on my block where I grew up, nine out of 11 neighbors' places, so it is reasonable to assume that as many could see into mine. That's over 30 people who might have been annoyed had we had an ugly edifice like this playhouse set up back there.

Playful Guildswoman

Ratttking
The only thing here that strikes me as ridiculous is the fool who bought a house in a neighborhood with an HOA and who now feels she is exempt from the association's rules. Screw her and the ugly pink structure.

Whoops!
1 - It does fall under the outbuilding definition, so it DID need to be approved, but

2 - The head of the Homeowners' Association said the structure would be approved but for the color

3 - The article's first sentence states being 'too pink' is the issue, but it isn't mentoned as an issue in the rest of the article or the video, and the pink is pale. Alternative colors aren't mentioned, but for the grandmother mentioning brown. Brown paint definitely would make the playhouse look like a shed.

'...numerous violations of association rules that can be found at other homes, like leaving trash cans or air-conditioning units uncovered.'

And - get this - she was removed from the 7-person board and has proxies from 1/3 of the development's homeowners, so she can vote for them. People don't generally like to get involved- sounds like it probably is a dispute with a neghbor on one side and one other person, as she claims.

It's a minor infraction where such are common.....

Playful Guildswoman

Ratttking
Vladimir Nosiano
...The ******** is wrong with people these days?

Backyard. It's in the freaking back yard. You won't see it unless you make an effort to look at it. Don't like it? mind your own business, and stay in your ******** lane.Don't give me crap about asinine rules that don't apply to a little shed that was painted pink for a ******** out of here with this nonsense. talk2hand
I could easily see into almost every back yard on my block where I grew up, nine out of 11 neighbors' places, so it is reasonable to assume that as many could see into mine. That's over 30 people who might have been annoyed had we had an ugly edifice like this playhouse set up back there.

If you go to the source article, there is a video. Only the house on one side and possibly on the other really have a view of it. Also, minor rule infractions are common in the development..

Shy Hunter

7,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Member 100
I feel sorry for the little girl in all this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games