Welcome to Gaia! ::

King Noob

Kim Pil-Suk
What that article leaves out is that her high school is a PRIVATE one. Their rules are completely different and often more stricter than rules in public schools. I don't think private schools even allow freedom of speech.

Yeah I looked for the word private in the article too. Left out an important detail there. rolleyes

Dedicated Student

Crossbow Hearts
She was told the rules yet she disobeyed them.

She should face the consequences.

If we all decorated something with something from our ancestory, it would be a humble jumble and not fitting with the formality of the ceremony.

If she was allowed, others would have to be too. Also those who simply wanted to decorate them for reasons of their own would have to be allowed because personal beliefs and symbols are just as important in my opinion.

I agree with the decision. And people saying its racism, you astound me on such a level I can't contemplate. I hope you never see true racism.

I would agree with the school if it weren't for the fact of another article.

In another news source she said that there was a contract that she was supposed to sign and she didn't. Despite that they let her go up on stage.

If they wanted to punish her they should have done what they were going to do and remove her, but they didn't. They let her go up on stage with the feather.

I honestly hate it when people do that. They tell people they will do something and they do something completely different. It sounds to me like they slapped together a last minute punishment after the fact and therefor it shouldn't have been done.

Of course this is completely one sided. So I would like to see the actual rules. If the rules applied without the contract and she was warned ahead of time about the fine and her diploma being withheld I would agree with what they did. However it doesn't sound like they told her that they would withhold her diploma. They just told her that she would be removed, but they didn't do that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff