Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Member

Chicken Zombie
There is a reason why female officers are only allowed to search females and vice versa. It wouldn't have hurt them to have a female officer take the mug shot. However, I feel that this is a frivolous lawsuit that should be thrown out. We are giving people who are religious more rights just because they are religious; she wasn't violated or anything.

Thing is it seems that she is not violated,in her mind, she is.
She is,metaphorically,naked in front of men.
Those who are not in that form of religion do not know that religion very well nor practice it, so it's not understood.
In a way think of it being stripped searched for having that many tickets.

In her mentality.

Like I said the female officer thing should of not been a problem.
Unconditional Heart
Chicken Zombie
There is a reason why female officers are only allowed to search females and vice versa. It wouldn't have hurt them to have a female officer take the mug shot. However, I feel that this is a frivolous lawsuit that should be thrown out. We are giving people who are religious more rights just because they are religious; she wasn't violated or anything.

Those who are not in that form of religion do not know that religion very well nor practice it, so it's not understood.

In her mentality.

Her mentality doesn't change the law or how s**t runs around here. No one should have to accommodate others just based on some mentality.

Distinct Member

Chicken Zombie
Unconditional Heart
Chicken Zombie

In her mentality.

Her mentality doesn't change the law or how s**t runs around here. No one should have to accommodate others just based on some mentality.

Never said that, I was explaining what she felt based on her religious laws.
If female officers are accomadated for strip searches for females, a mug shot should be fine.

(Not talking about keeping on the headgear, but a female taking her mugshot.)

Angelic Ladykiller

9,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Unconditional Heart
Chicken Zombie
Unconditional Heart
Chicken Zombie

In her mentality.

Never said that, I was explaining what she felt based on her religious laws.
If female officers are accomadated for strip searches for females, a mug shot should be fine.

(Not talking about keeping on the headgear, but a female taking her mugshot.)
Unfortunately for her, this is the (dis)United States of ******** 'Merikuh.
We are not governed by religious laws (though some laws inspired by religions do exist), we are governed by the laws presented by each state, and by our Federal Guvment.

These laws require that you, having been arrested, submit to the same rules, protocols, and regulations that all other in-booked inmates are required to go through. This includes photos of your face without any form of cover or obstruction, such as your hijab. If you do not wish to follow these protocol, then do not do things that require you to be arrested.

You madam (our wonderful bookie, not the person I'm quoting), are a ******** moron,
Sincerely, a concerned citizen

I really shouldn't post when I visit my uncle's place in Colorado. His brownies leave me light-headed
Quote:
contain concealable items that could pose a threat or chance of injury to the cops or to themselves

I don't see how this is relevant if it was for a photo and how likely would it be that the lady had a weapon concealed in her hijab anyway.
How else would they get her mugshot if she doesn't remove the scarf?

Divine Muse

This woman is ridiculous.
Religion is not a "Get out of jail" free card.

Even on the license you are forbidden by law to wear the headscarf. If she doesn't like our laws (Such as having a license while you drive) she can either fight to change them or go elsewhere.
Who cares? Religion is bullshit and it needs to go away

Dangerous Cat

40,625 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Too many people try to use religion to get out of having to follow the law. It doesn't work that way.

Having said that, I suspect that this lawsuit has less to do with her religion and more to do with an attempt to muddy the waters to try and get her arrest thrown out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff