Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Link

Quote:
A mouse at Hangzhou Zoo in China has been give its freedom after zookeepers witnessed it attack a venomous snake to save its friend. "We always give the snakes live food, and we put the two mice into the snake enclosure. But instead of trying to hide like they usually do, one of the mice attacked the snake when it saw it trying to eat the other mouse. I have never seen anything like that before," keeper Wen Shao said. Sadly, the mouse's buddy died, but our hero can rest assured knowing he did quite a bit of damage to the snake by biting its head, according to Shou.

Witty Phantom

Aww!! Go mousey!! ^ w ^

Kawaii Cutie-Pie

That's really adorable xD

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
That was noble.

Distinct Hunter

6,050 Points
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Storing Energy 50
What a brave little mouse!!!! blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh surprised 3nodding blaugh

Devoted Flatterer

8,500 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Awww 4laugh

Fluffy Loiterer

Cute, I guess.

7,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Yeah, sometimes the prey will fight back or attack the predators they're being fed to. This is one reason why some reptile owners prefer to give their snakes and lizards dead rodents.

Romantic Mage

16,725 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
Prey becomes the predator.
Why the mouse earned it's freedom because they probably were worried about the mouse killing the snake.

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
Demyan The Devil
Yeah, sometimes the prey will fight back or attack the predators they're being fed to. This is one reason why some reptile owners prefer to give their snakes and lizards dead rodents.

Yeah. Any decent zoo will feed their animals pre-killed prey. I know the San Diego Zoo never feeds their reptiles live prey (with the exception of animals that eat goldfish).

But this is China. Which has zoos where you can toss live chickens to tigers (or watch them give a live cow to tigers).

Xonked's Senpai

Cat

19,925 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Bookworm 100
My science teacher swears animals don't have emotions, yet this happens. You go mouse.
Mighty mouse, just like in the gladiator days, he was put in a pit with zero chances of surviving and he wins his freedom. "What we do in life, echos an eternity" lolz mousimus decimous meridious. emotion_awesome
Noire Samhain
My science teacher swears animals don't have emotions, yet this happens. You go mouse.

I'm guessing this teacher never had a pet.

Shy Bachelorette

34,075 Points
  • Hand in the Cookie Jar 100
  • Snack Artist 250
  • Cookie Collector 400
Demyan The Devil

that and it's a basic safety measure, my mother has non venomous snakes, antivenom doesn't work well in our family for some members, and we feed them dead frozen little ones. obtained from the petstore, it's safer to feed dead instead of live since with live food not only can it win, it could also train the snake to attack ANYTHING that moves with live food, including hands coming in the cage. same reason we don't do inside the cage feeding, also so they won't eat the bedding or such. still it's interesting about this story, and people thing animals are incapable of some things, they prove us wrong everyday.

Xonked's Senpai

Cat

19,925 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Bookworm 100
Shama_okami
Noire Samhain

I'm guessing this teacher never had a pet.

You guessed correctly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces