Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Smoker

Henrika
I don't see what why the cookies couldn't have been served. It's not graphic and its a part of the body, and I do agree that its better for kids to start learning about their bodies when they're young in a supportive environment.

The woman's attitude & email was crazy though. How embarrassing for her kid to have to see her mom go batshit in front of her entire class.
Why not middle school? I don't feel comfortable with my child learning that young.

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
I'm all for sex education, but this is going overboard and just ridiculous.

This woman has lost her marbles. Big time.
Chahklet
Henrika
I don't see what why the cookies couldn't have been served. It's not graphic and its a part of the body, and I do agree that its better for kids to start learning about their bodies when they're young in a supportive environment.

The woman's attitude & email was crazy though. How embarrassing for her kid to have to see her mom go batshit in front of her entire class.
Why not middle school? I don't feel comfortable with my child learning that young.
Right, but, some girls start getting their periods as young as 8. They have a right to know what is happening to them, and preferably BEFORE it actually happens so they don't end up panicking at school one day too afraid to say anything.

But maybe you're more comfortable with your daughter crying in the bathroom at school embarrassed because she's bleeding through her underwear and doesn't understand why?

Tipsy Smoker

Henrika
Chahklet
Henrika

Right, but, some girls start getting their periods as young as 8. They have a right to know what is happening to them, and preferably BEFORE it actually happens so they don't end up panicking at school one day too afraid to say anything.

But maybe you're more comfortable with your daughter crying in the bathroom at school embarrassed because she's bleeding through her underwear and doesn't understand why?
Uhm I got my period before sex ed ever started and it's not some traumatic event.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
what is this i dont even emotion_facepalm

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
emotion_facepalm hasn't she ever heard that you are taught the human reproduction education in 5th grade... I had a fellow classmate try to teach me in second grade when she slept over at my house one night. I never invited her to sleep over again xd I found that kind of talk and action... disturbing back then and she would always talk about it before that night, but I just ignored it for the most part. Now that I am older, I think she may have been abused and thought that sex was the only way to show affection. I feel bad for her and hope that if she had been, she at least got justice.

Noob

As much as I love cookies...I do not want these cookies. emotion_facepalm
Im all for Sex Ed, but no...just...no. Not like this.
Chahklet
Henrika
Chahklet
Henrika

Uhm I got my period before sex ed ever started and it's not some traumatic event.
For you. Not everyone experiences things the same way, and not all parents talk to their children about their bodies.

I broke my hymen in elementary school and was too embarrassed to say anything, and only found out what it was years later during sex ed.

Tipsy Smoker

Henrika
Chahklet
Henrika
Chahklet
Henrika

For you. Not everyone experiences things the same way, and not all parents talk to their children about their bodies.

I broke my hymen in elementary school and was too embarrassed to say anything, and only found out what it was years later during sex ed.
Were you traumatized?
Chahklet
Henrika
Chahklet
Henrika
Chahklet
Henrika

Were you traumatized?
Until the bleeding stopped, yes. I only got over it once it became clear I wasn't obviously dying, but I was still freaked out at the time.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Assuming this story is not a hoax...

I'm amused at her comments about how being a teacher is accepting a cliche woman's role.

Apparently raising a child and baking cookies is not?

Men do all of those things too of course but if you are going to harp on stereotypes I find that kind of amusing.
I hope it is a hoax. Hard to believe any parent is that stupid.
Well, not it's not really. Maybe I mean I would rather not believe she is that stupid.

Punny Skeleton

I really hope this is a hoax. If not; Then some people should not be allowed to breed.

User Image

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100

Demonic Kitten

Sailor Tin Nyanko
Because this was posted on Reddit and noone will come forward for interviews, the News has been including an Astrix or Disclaimer that this may be fake or a hoax.

I'm guessing this has to be a hoax. It's not impossible in today's insane world -that's the horror of it -but it's too....asinine to really believe. Children at that age don't need a detailed description of things pertaining to the birds and the bees. They waited until I was in 5th grade to brief us on the subject and what to expect during puberty. Young children definitely don't need to know how to 'please' anything on their fellow peers' private parts. For the sake of the girl's mother who may or may not exist, I hope it's just a prank or hoax.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff