Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Human

Yeah I never know when I place my baby in a microwave either. I have to keep checking every few hours to make sure he's not in there. :/

Dapper Dabbler

16,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Firstly, I'd say that's offensive to people who have actually had a seizure. And I don't throw around the word "offensive" lightly. Does she even know what a seizure is? I mean, I don't know much about them, but from what I do know, don't you loose all sense of control and coordination?

Second, Bi-polar? Seriously? Sounds more like Sociopathic tendencies to me! Here, I'll google "bi-polar" right now! *googles* Well, according to this website, the symptoms for bi-polar disorder doesn't have "mistaking babies for a pizza pocket" on the list of symptoms. Yes, some crazed few would argue that "poor judgement", as a symptom, could have caused the woman to do such a thing. To which I say this:

Really? Are you really that stupid to expect me to believe that? That's more than poor judgement! What on earth was the decision making process in which the out come was, "Oh, sticking a baby into ANY small and airless space is a GOOD idea! And the microwave? The place that makes stuff really hot? That's a GREAT place to put a baby!" (sorry for the caps, but I'm just too lazy to use the italics tonight.).

Third, let's just say, there was a plausible possibility that between the seizure and the bi-polar bull s**t, she was able to get away with the insanity plead. Why should it make a damn difference. If you're crazy enough to do that, you cannot be trusted to be around the rest of society!

Oh, you didn't kill an innocent child because you were a cynical b***h! You killed an innocent child because you were crazy! That makes it SOOO much better! By all mean, you're free to go! Here, takes this fully loaded automatic rifle and a parting gift! Oh don't worry if you kill someone! You're crazy! You just don't know any better, you sweet retarded thing!

Bullshit! I say we throw out plea bargains all together (oh, you admit it and say your sorry! Well, in that case, the innocent lives you took aren't so important now!), and only use insanity pleads to decide whether they go to jail or to a mental asylum! Why? Because it makes ******** sense!

Stop sugar coating everything! The world isn't a happy place, so stop putting out escape hatches and not expecting criminals to not take advantage of them, because, NEWSFLASH: They're criminals! They'll do anything do get what they want and avoid what they don't want! Duuuuh!
scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream WHAT KIND OF CRAZY SICK PERSON IS THIS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?! gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk
This is the world we live in.

3,750 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Signature Look 250
yeahhhhhh thats complete bullshit, i hope she gets a life sentence mad
"It was an accident, I didn't mean to cook my baby girl alive in my microwave. Not my fault."

Beloved Sex Symbol

15,925 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
With the help of kyoji
California mother Ka Yang, who is 29, placed her 6 week old baby girl in a microwave cooking her alive. her defense attorney is claiming that the woman suffered from a seizure, blacked out and placed her baby in the microwave UNKNOWINGLY. the attorney plans to use the insanity defense for the mother and that she might be bi-polar.

watch the video here

I am getting the feeling people are abusing the insanity defense

to me the mother having a seizure and placing her baby in the microwave is bullshit. i have seen a seizure, my cousin had one and he was on the floor making a strange gargling noise and couldn't control his arms,and than he blacked out, from what he describes what happened all he remembered was he fell.

so to me i find it very odd that this woman is leaning towards that she is bi-polar... had a seizure, and was able to pick up her baby, walk to a microwave, place the baby in the microwave and press start. it just seems like a very lame excuse to try and cover up this murder case.

so what do you think about this case?
how do you feel about the insanity defense?

For having to deal with a seizure disorder most of my life, I can tell you that you aren't always on the floor making gargling noises and twitching. The fact that many assume this I find at times rather offensive. Same with people finding it funny if a person has a seizure caused by rapidly flashing lights. It's just not funny.
Anyways, getting back on topic....
There are different levels of seizures. Not to mention having a seizure isn't the same for every person who has one. Which makes diagnosing rather difficult for some individuals or another reason why they go untreated.
Having a seizure disorder/epilepsy may cause cognitive impairments in some patients. This can affect memory, mental speed, attention, and language. It can go as far as affecting executive and social functions too.
Before going into a full blown seizure, you can do unnatural things. In my experience that is only like a few minutes before it fully hits though. For an example, if I was eating, I would sit there and continuously try and cut air thinking I was cutting a piece of chicken on my plate. My relatives can even validate this. Again, this could be different for others. However, I wouldn't think putting a baby in a microwave one of them. Although I suppose the act is plausible.
If she was thinking of the baby needing to be fed and needing to heat up a bottle. I suppose if her mind was out of sorts during this thought... that she could have pontentially placed her baby in the actual microwave and hit start.
I remember during one of my first seizures I was trying to talk. It came out fine to my ears even though it actually wasn't. The paramedics would ask me a question and I would answer, but they would just reask me it again in another form. It got frustrating....it was like I was screaming at the top of my lungs and yet no one could here me. I also remember things rather differently than how events actually played out. How I think I spelled a word correctly in a spelling bee but actually didn't. Not fun to have a seizure in front of an audience. It's rather embarassing....
Or picking picking up chicken in the fresh meats section only you grabbed ground beef before falling into the actual shelves....
All I will say is you truely don't understand until you actually have one.

Her possible bipolar disorder is just a confirmation that her brain chemicals are off balance, which would back her story even further. Since again, proving a seizure disorder is rather difficult. That is probably why the defense attorney is using it.

Overall, I will leave my statement as this:
The act of putting a baby into a microwave is wrong.
Yes, many have abused the insanity plea.

Other than that, it is up for the jury to decide what they choose or choose not to believe.

I will also say I haven't watched the video yet.
Videos take forever to load on my computer and I'm still waiting for it to come up.
I hate how is everyone faking insanity just because they went and ******** up their lives by doing some sick and twisted s**t.

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Capt Buckner CTO
The problem is California. This state has been driven into the ground, yet morons keep electing retards to run the state.

Back off of California.
On a note to this thread, I hope the b**** burns. Insanity my a**, hopefully the jury does not buy this excuse. On a note towards Seizures, not all are full blown "fish flop"(sorry best words to describe) some allow you to function pretty much like normal, you do not even notice you had one.

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
Loki_Dragon
Capt Buckner CTO
The problem is California. This state has been driven into the ground, yet morons keep electing retards to run the state.

Back off of California.
On a note to this thread, I hope the b**** burns. Insanity my a**, hopefully the jury does not buy this excuse. On a note towards Seizures, not all are full blown "fish flop"(sorry best words to describe) some allow you to function pretty much like normal, you do not even notice you had one.

******** no, I live here, and I hate it.

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Capt Buckner CTO
Loki_Dragon
Capt Buckner CTO

Back off of California.

******** no, I live here, and I hate it.

I just moved away from California for College so I know your hatred. Since you live in California, you may say anything you like about it. I just hate people that live elsewhere knocking by state of birth. For a California-boy(or girl) I am fine with whatever they wish to believe. Also yes I agree with you on the whole retard running the state bit.

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
That is just weird. How is it possible to "accidentally" put your own baby in the microwave?
I agree with people saying that is abusing the right of insanity. They are most likely just trying to get the sentence driven down so she can either end up in a mental home or not serve as much time as she deserves. I personally believe she should be put in jail for life.

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Insane or not, this woman needs to be shot. Firing Squad, anyone?

I mean, really? Using the insanity plea is not going to do anything; it's just another tactic that the defense love to use so their "poor, innocent" client doesn't have to have their a** thrown in prison.

...I don't know. It really just sounds like she didn't want her child anymore and decided to kill the child in the microwave because it was easy to do so.

God, that's just... disturbing on so many levels. *shudders* I pray for that child, I really do.

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
People are definitely abusing the insanity defense...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff