Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Montgomery County police continue to speak with Catherine Hoggle, the 27-year-old woman who had been missing for days along with two of her children, but the children have not been located.

“Catherine Hoggle remains in police custody while detectives continue to interview her,” Capt. Paul Starks, a police spokesman, said Saturday morning. “The welfare and location of the children remain our primary concern. They have not been located.”

Hoggle was found late Friday, authorities said.

A telephone tip at about 11:15 p.m. to the 911 center led officers to the woman, Starks said.

The children, Sarah Hoggle, 3, and her brother Jacob, 2, “were not with her,” the spokesman said.

There has been no immediate indication of the whereabouts of the children.

All three had been objects of an intensive search in the county for the past several days.

Hoggle has been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia.

She and Troy Turner had lived with their three children in an apartment in Clarksburg in a life that has been described as relatively uneventful until Sunday.

But that afternoon, with Turner at work, Hoggle took the children to her mother’s home nearby. At one point, she left with Jacob and returned without him. She said she had left him at a friend’s home, but it was later learned that he had not been there.

She eventually returned to her apartment with Sarah and the older boy. The next morning, she said she had taken Jacob and Sarah to a day-care program, but later could not describe the program clearly.

She and Turner were on their way to speak to police when she said she wanted to stop at a restaurant, where she slipped out the back door.

As events developed late Friday night, a call came to the 911 center without any warning. It said the woman had been spotted at Century Boulevard and Crystal Rock Drive in Germantown.

A woman caller said her boyfriend had just spoken to Hoggle in that area.

The caller told a 911 operator that her boyfriend had passed Hoggle, who was on foot, and spoken to her. The man apparently didn’t know Hoggle. It isn’t clear if he recognized her from media accounts, or if she told him who she was.

But a photograph has been widely disseminated by the news media, and Turner has conducted a search of his own, making use of fliers with photos.

As he did so, he tried not to dwell on the difficulties the children might be in. If he did so, he said, “I will completely break down.”

Earlier Friday, police said they had been told by a transit bus driver that he thought Hoggle had boarded his bus Tuesday evening.

The driver told police that she was alone, and had acted strangely.

According to the account, the driver said the woman had appeared to match Hoggle’s description. He said he picked her up at the Germantown Transit Center.

As she prepared to leave the bus at the Gaithersburg Transit Center, he told her that a fare was required.

“Okay” the woman responded, according to the driver. But, he said, she walked off the vehicle without paying.

Until Friday night’s dramatic events, the bus incident appeared to be the most recent possible sighting of Hoggle.

Police said they could not confirm the Tuesday sighting but considered the driver’s account to be credible.

Also on Friday, police released video footage of Hoggle walking inside a building in Germantown at about 4:30 a.m. Tuesday.

She appeared to be alone, with a bag over her shoulder, and was moving slowly through the lobby before walking out a door.

The video and the reported sighting of Hoggle created a contrast with the lack of reports or footage of either of the two children.

Sunday was the last time they were seen by anyone other than their mother, according to court records that have been filed in the matter.

A candlelight vigil was scheduled for 8 p.m. Saturday to increase awareness of the children and their plight. The vigil will take place near the Chick-fil-A at 19945 Century Blvd., Germantown, Md.

Missing

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
******** schizophrenia, beat the s**t out of her until she talks. emotion_donotwant

Magnetic Phantom

Alexander J Luthor
******** schizophrenia, beat the s**t out of her until she talks. emotion_donotwant
Even in the USA this is probably against the law.
It probably wouldn't work anyway.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Anjoulie
Alexander J Luthor

Don't care. Punish her for making life a lot harder for controlled schizophrenics.

Magnetic Phantom

Alexander J Luthor
Anjoulie
Alexander J Luthor

Don't care. Punish her for making life a lot harder for controlled schizophrenics.

neutral Well, I don't know about you, but I'm still glad to live in a country that has laws etc.
The most important thing here isn't "punishing" her anyway, it's finding the children.
Beating the mother would probably not help with that.
For the benefit of the doubt, suppose that even though she's schizophrenic, she's capable of loving and caring for her children (seeing as she seems to have custody of them).
So maybe she's just as worried about them being missing as everybody else but honestly doesn't know where they are.
Violence doesn't solve every problem.
Good grief. A mother with paranoid schizophrenia....those poor children. I hope they're not dead.

Lavish Romantic

Lady Kariel
Good grief. A mother with paranoid schizophrenia....those poor children. I hope they're not dead.
This was my initial reaction, too. Unfortunately, at this point it doesn't seem likely that they will find the children alive. God, how I wish the world were a better place...
Aunchie_Sana
Lady Kariel
This was my initial reaction, too. Unfortunately, at this point it doesn't seem likely that they will find the children alive. God, how I wish the world were a better place...

Yeah the world is pretty messed up. And that's why most news stories are bad news. emotion_facepalm

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff