Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lionheart

11,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2402387/Amanda-Hein-Mother-dumped-baby-Pennsylvania-sports-bar-toilet-arrested.html

Quote:
Police arrest mother, 26, for murder after she 'gave birth in bathroom of busy sports bar and dumped live baby in a toilet cistern before coolly returning to watch a wrestling match in blood-stained clothes'

Employees at Starters Pub near Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, found a dead baby inside the tank of the toilet in the women's bathroom August 17
Police say Amanda Catherine Hein, 26, of Allentown, admitted to giving birth to a live baby and suffocating it
She said she had known she was pregnant for months and did not tell anyone about pregnancy or going into labor
After allegedly killing her baby, Hein smoked a cigarette and continued watching pay-per-view wrestling for an hour until she went home
She could face the death penalty, if convicted

A woman who gave birth in the bathroom of a busy sports bar then killed her baby and hid it in the toilet was tracked down and arrested after police traced a blood stain the woman left on the booth where she was sitting, it was revealed today.

Amanda Catherine Hein, 26, was at Starters Pub near Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, watching pay-per-view wrestling with three friends August 17, when she left and went to the bathroom for about 40 minutes. She returned with blood on her clothes, but insisted she was fine.

Police say Hein went outside and smoked a cigarette, then returned to her friends and continued watching the match.

The next morning, a janitor who checked on the toilet after complaints that it would not flush, found the child wrapped in a plastic garbage bag, submerged in the tank behind the toilet seat.

Hein was charged with murder Monday and could face the death penalty.

The Lehigh Valley Express-Times reports that an autopsy found that Hein had given birth to a healthy, full-term baby boy. The child suffocated to death.

Hein said she realized she was pregnant in May or June, but did not tell anyone. None of her friends who were with her the night she gave birth knew that she was carrying a child.

They also did not know she had gone into labor on August 17.

That night, Hein and three male friends reserved a booth at Starters bar to watch the
WWE SummerSlam pay-per-view wrestling match.

Her friends told police she was complaining of back pain and spasms during the match. When she excused herself, she was gone for so long that they began to send her text messages.

After she allegedly killed the baby, she stayed at the bar for another hour.

She had blood on her clothing, but refused to go home until the match was over.

After the discovery of the child in the toilet, the waiters at Starters told police they remembered having to clean up blood at one of the booths on August 17.

Managers at the bar were able to look up who reserved the booth - which led detectives to Luis Rivera led police to Hein.

When she was questioned by officers, she admitted that she had given birth to a live baby and that she had killed him and hid him the toilet after wrapping him in a plastic bag she took from the bathroom garbage can.

Because of the age of the child, Hein could be sentenced to death, if convicted of murder.

Bar owner David Rank said his staff were extremely upset by the grisly incident. He allowed those who wished to go home, others opted to stay and Rank opened the pub to customers at 1pm, two hours later than usual.

'My biggest concern is for my employees, the mother, the baby,' said Rank.

'I just want everyone to say prayers for them.'

How utterly ******** horrifying. How could anyone...ANYONE do that to a newly-born baby?

Swashbuckling Humorist

14,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
The woman is a monster. I hate to say it, but I am glad the baby didn't have to put up with her as a mother.

Also can you post a link to the original story, please?

Sugary Cat

I don't understand why she didn't get an abortion? neutral This was probably the cheaper option.

Swashbuckling Humorist

14,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
MiameMiame
I don't understand why she didn't get an abortion? neutral This was probably the cheaper option.

They've made it very hard in Pennsylvania to get an abortion.

Sugary Cat

Anne Packrat
MiameMiame

Oh wow, okay. Didn't know that.

Ruthless Mage

10,350 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Member 100
  • Friendly 100
â™› Yeesh, what about at least putting it up for adoption or something? â™›

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
MiameMiame
Anne Packrat
MiameMiame

It is happening in a lot of states. They are trying to ban abortions without really banning abortions (making it so clinics have so many rules and restrictions that they can't continue, or forcing women to wait and endure unnecessary procedures in order to get an abortion).

In North Carolina they tacked on anti-abortion legislation onto a anti-sharia law bill, and another for motorcycle safety.

Quote:
WHAT, EXACTLY, WILL WOMEN WHO CHOOSE TO HAVE AN ABORTION HAVE TO DO?
A woman who believes she may be facing an unintended pregnancy will go to a family planning clinic for a pregnancy test. (She must have a professional test -- home pregnancy tests are not reliable enough for medical procedures.) If her pregnancy test is positive and she requests further information, a counselor will give her information about all of her options -- adoption, abortion, and motherhood.
If, given her life circumstances, she chooses abortion, she will be told she must make two appointments, one for a counseling session and the other for the procedures, which must be at least 24 hours after the counseling session. If the next available surgical date is 2 days, 3 days, or one week away, she must wait until that date.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/ppsp/pa-abortion-control-act-18387.htm

Sugary Cat

Lunarflowermaiden
MiameMiame
Anne Packrat
MiameMiame

It is happening in a lot of states. They are trying to ban abortions without really banning abortions (making it so clinics have so many rules and restrictions that they can't continue, or forcing women to wait and endure unnecessary procedures in order to get an abortion).

In North Carolina they tacked on anti-abortion legislation onto a anti-sharia law bill, and another for motorcycle safety.

Quote:
A woman who believes she may be facing an unintended pregnancy will go to a family planning clinic for a pregnancy test. (She must have a professional test -- home pregnancy tests are not reliable enough for medical procedures.) If her pregnancy test is positive and she requests further information, a counselor will give her information about all of her options -- adoption, abortion, and motherhood.
If, given her life circumstances, she chooses abortion, she will be told she must make two appointments, one for a counseling session and the other for the procedures, which must be at least 24 hours after the counseling session. If the next available surgical date is 2 days, 3 days, or one week away, she must wait until that date.

That is ridiculous emotion_facepalm
I don't understand this. But maybe she was psychologically damaged?

Obsessive Kitten

I read a similar case about an employee at a retail store (I forget which one) going in the bathroom at her workplace and dumping her newborn in there where it died. It got a lot of attention mostly because of the store's decision to not shut down the entire store while police investigated, only the bathroom.

Assuming the abortion laws had nothing to do with the decision you have to wonder what makes someone look at a newborn child and calmly plan a way to kill it and dispose of it like it wasn't anything important. I don't plan to have children and don't like them but personally if I was pregnant and gave birth I would have the sense to at least hand it over for adoption.

Then again with the world going to hell in a handbasket who knows what sort of demented logic caused this outcome?

Amateur Detective

35,390 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bookworm 100
I am going to play devil's advocate here. Not because I have any sense of sympathy for this woman, but more out of a sense of logic.

I propose she probably was suffering from pregnancy denial. I only believe that she was suffering from this mental disorder, because in the sane world no person would be so incredibly stupid as to birth and kill a baby and leave it in a public bathroom toilet and expect nothing to come of it. In such a case you can reasonably assume that the offender must have been seriously ******** up in the head to not realize how very easily such a crime would be uncovered and traced back to her.

That being said, throw her in jail. Despite possible mental issues, she still murdered a newborn baby without a lick of remorse.

Perhaps also check into giving her permanent birth control, such as a hysterectomy, as with cases of pregnancy denial some women are serial offenders. If this mental issue is something that will be with her on a long term basis, then they may as well make sure she can never have babies that she may end up killing in cold blood, if only to keep the potential body count to a minimum.

Also, dig up her yard. And check recent records for deceased infants. There is no guarantee, after all, that this was her first offense.

Angelic Muse

Why? Why? And also how was it not visible that she was pregnant?

Amateur Detective

35,390 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bookworm 100
Lunarflowermaiden
MiameMiame
Anne Packrat
MiameMiame

Quote:

While I am sure pro-choice groups will latch on to the this case and blame everything on the abortion laws, I do not believe that was the actual issue at hand.

After all, she left the baby's corpse in a public bathroom. This is not the act of a sane woman. Look into pregnancy denial. It happens everywhere regardless of abortion laws, and this case truly fits the bill. A sane woman who decided she did not want to have a child in a state with stricter abortion laws would either give birth and either keep it or put it up for adoption, or just find a way to have an abortion, perhaps by going into another state or just by doing it illegally. It may be unfair for the woman, but who in their right mind would kill a newborn infant?

There is a truly heinous amount of women who will birth and kill a baby and act like nothing happened for no reason other than insanity.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Infanticide does not bother me in the least. Babies are horrible things.

Swashbuckling Humorist

14,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
VKLucian
Why? Why? And also how was it not visible that she was pregnant?

Women sometimes explain it away as just a lot of weight gain.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff