Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
The woman who led police on a high speed chase while her daughter sat on her lap faces seven felonies, including endangering her child. The chase was caught on a police cruiser's dash cam Sunday.

Aubrey Coy led police on a chase that ended when she got out of her car and tried to run with her 5-year-old in her arms.

Police handcuffed Coy while she squeezed her daughter tightly between her legs.

"You don't expect a parent to take a child and purposefully put them in that kind of danger," said Detective Sergeant Todd Petersen of the Michigan State Police.

Petersen says it started with a supervised visit in Kosciusko County.

"Her mother, who was the supervisor down there for the visit, was concerned about her well being and whether or not she was going to injure the child," said Petersen.

Police say Coy's mother went to the restroom and within a few seconds, Coy took her mother's car, strapped her daughter in and drove to Michigan.

Police say they found Coy on US12 in White Pigeon by pinging her cell phone.

A Michigan State Trooper pulled her over.

The trooper attempted to pull her keys out of the ignition, but she drove away.

"She stated, 'You aren't taking my child.' And attempted to drive away, which began the pursuit. The trooper followed," said Petersen.

"She was using her middle finger out the window to the trooper and then pulled the child from the car seat and put her in her lap during that pursuit," said Petersen.

The chase ended without any injuries

"Eventually stop sticks were deployed by the Constantine Police Department which took out two of her tires," said Petersen.

Police say she was going about 75-miles an hour when she was finally stopped.

The Kosciusko County Sheriff's Department says Coy has been arrested several times.

Video here

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
b***h, you sure as hell don't need to be anywhere near that kid if you're going to put them in that situation. Lucky the kid didn't end up dying in a crash.

8,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Clambake 200
Uh yeah, she'll probably never get to see her kid again. Crazy b***h...
She put the kid in unnecessary danger, that is for damn sure. But my question, as I have very little faith in Family and Children Services since they really don't have any oversights?
There's more to this than what we're hearing.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Yours and mine both Joe. Why was her child out of her custody in the first place? Some states will take children from their parents on the flimsiest of pretexts.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Scarred Sword Heart
Yours and mine both Joe. Why was her child out of her custody in the first place? Some states will take children from their parents on the flimsiest of pretexts.
Spanking, Child molestation by uncle but they accuse daddy, toddler bashes head on coffee table, oh and trying to get a second doctors opinion.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I love how the majority here don't think it's justified that CPS took the child when THIS ARTICLE paints an accurate picture on how she feels her child would be safest. If she's crazy enough to do this s**t, I'm pretty sure there was a reason to take her the first time.

Shameless Fairy

While I agree that CPS/DHS does have more power than they should, and jumps to taking away children when it isn't needed or right, I do have to say that whatever steamroll job CPS/DHS was doing before has now become justified.

Profitable Lunatic

10,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Holy crap on a stick insanity!!

Kawaii Shoujo

Old Blue Collar Joe
She put the kid in unnecessary danger, that is for damn sure. But my question, as I have very little faith in Family and Children Services since they really don't have any oversights?
I agree especially the last bit in the video of where cocaine was found in the car, which leads to the question of whose did it actually belong to... Coy or her mother? After all it was the latter that owned the car which Coy had stolen when she had taken her own child.

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
Melodic_Madness
Uh yeah, she'll probably never get to see her kid again. Crazy b***h...

This. So much this.

You took the words right out of my mouth. XD

This lady (Coy) isn't ready to be a mother if she's gonna put her darling child through this kind of danger.

Sexy Bunny

14,100 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Person of Interest 200
xdivision_whitey
Scarred Sword Heart
Spanking, Child molestation by uncle but they accuse daddy, toddler bashes head on coffee table, oh and trying to get a second doctors opinion.
sad
fairy-phoenix
Old Blue Collar Joe
I agree especially the last bit in the video of where cocaine was found in the car, which leads to the question of whose did it actually belong to... Coy or her mother? After all it was the latter that owned the car which Coy had stolen when she had taken her own child.

Yeah, that's an interesting point. Those saying that 'this proves she's an unfit mother' have no ******** clue. If anything, they prove she'll do damn near anything FOR her child, and that speaks loudly about her love for her.
DFCS takes kids for damn near any reason, and usually play the 'well, we don't have ANY evidence, but just to be safe' crap.
I've seen them literally take a kid from a good home because the MIL called and filed an 'anonymous report', and they decided to be 'safe rather than sorry', and then, six months later returned a pair of very ******** up in the head kids who have had huge security issues since then.
But hey, it's all good, right? The government is overseeing this, so it MUST be valid.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff