Welcome to Gaia! ::

Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
link

Quote:
Sherry West, Antonio West: Brunswick, Georgia mom says two kids shot and killed her baby over money

Police responding to a 911 call in southeastern Georgia found a baby boy shot dead and a mother with a leg wound Thursday morning.

The incident in Brunswick prompted a search for two young male suspects, one between 13 and 15 years old, and the other possibly as young as 10.

While the mother said she was the victim of an attempted robbery, police said they had not identified a motive so far. They did not provide any other details of the alleged crime, other than to say that after the "senseless act," both suspects fled on foot.

The mother, Sherry West, who was treated and released from a hospital, told CNN affiliate WAWS that she was walking her 13-month-old named Antonio in his stroller Thursday morning when the two youths approached her and demanded money.

"He said, 'I am going to kill you if you don't give me your money,'" said Sherry West. She said she insisted she had no cash so the older boy shot her in the leg.

"He says, 'Well, I am going to kill your baby.'"

She tried to shield the baby, but the boy shoved her away and shot the infant in the head, she said.

CNN affiliate WJXT reported the baby died at the scene.

No weapon was recovered at the scene in a residential neighborhood, Police chief Tobe Green told reporters. City Manager Bill Weeks said no other witnesses have come forward.

"This is obviously just a terrible day in the city of Brunswick," Mayor Bryan Thompson said at a news conference, "and made even more terrible by the senseless killing of a young child and it appears perpetrated by children themselves."

Blue_666's Kouhai

Invisible Vampire

14,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pieversity 200
...I think I really am losing faith in humanity...damn...what kind of world do we live in where a child will kill an infant?

Lavish Millionaire

10,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
for some reason I find this really hard to believe. not calling the mother a liar but....a ten year old.......... I don't want to lose faith in humanity but if this turnes out to be true ...................

Shameless Lunatic

27,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
I really REALLY don't wanna live on this planet anymore, can someone please help me build a rocket to get the ******** out of here?

Rapire's Queen

Demonic Cutie-Pie

X

User Image
            What is wrong with society now? And as young as 10? That's just so horrible, There was no reason to shoot an infant. If these boys get caught I hope they get trailed as an adult and thrown in jail for like, They have no right to live with a normal society anymore.

Friendly Wench

red-tala9
for some reason I find this really hard to believe. not calling the mother a liar but....a ten year old.......... I don't want to lose faith in humanity but if this turnes out to be true ...................

You ever seen too young to kill? Why would you even say that it's hard to believe ; it's really not. Why would she shoot herself and her baby when she's already lost one child to violence? It happens and the world really is a shitty place full of shitty children and adults alike.

Friendly Wench

The Trancy Brat
I really REALLY don't wanna live on this planet anymore, can someone please help me build a rocket to get the ******** out of here?

You could go to Mars emotion_yatta

Shameless Lunatic

27,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
O_o-Dimensia_Juice-x_X
The Trancy Brat

You could go to Mars emotion_yatta
Yea, I think I might try for mars...or maybe I'll look around for a while XD
My prayers are with this bereaved family and with this murderer. A person capable of committing such a ghastly crime truly needs prayers.

Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
red-tala9

I'm a bit skeptical myself. Maybe because I've heard similar stories that turned out to be false too many times. Or maybe just because so many facts have been withheld (didn't anybody on the block hear a gunshot? where in the leg was the mother shot?)

But the one hard truth is that a wee baby is dead, and family are grieving. It's so sad. cat_crying

Lavish Millionaire

10,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Vampirate Kitsune
red-tala9

I'm a bit skeptical myself. Maybe because I've heard similar stories that turned out to be false too many times. Or maybe just because so many facts have been withheld (didn't anybody on the block hear a gunshot? where in the leg was the mother shot?)

But the one hard truth is that a wee baby is dead, and family are grieving. It's so sad. cat_crying

I just cant imagine small kids killing other kids on porpouse (oh wow my spelling) I can't seem to make it add up for me if they shot the baby in the head for no reason why not the mother? and why didn't any one come to check out the comotion? is their a witness? was she having other problems?
I have to many questions about this one stare

Lavish Millionaire

10,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
O_o-Dimensia_Juice-x_X
red-tala9

You ever seen too young to kill? Why would you even say that it's hard to believe ; it's really not. Why would she shoot herself and her baby when she's already lost one child to violence? It happens and the world really is a shitty place full of shitty children and adults alike.

no I havent see "too young to kill"
It's just not normal for ten year old's to shoot babies in the head.
and for the why would she shoot her self. I've seen plenty of murder cases where the murder (a wife, mother, husband teen) makes up a story and injures themselves to throw off susppition. besides I'm not saying I believe it's her without a doubt I'm just ........I just don't want to believe a kid would do something like this, but they do.

Friendly Wench

red-tala9

It's actually a lot more normal than you think. And it most certainly does happen whether you like to think it does or not. User Image
14 year old kills eight year old neighbor
10 year old shoots and kills mother
12 year old kills two year old brother
11 year old kills 3 and four year old

Lavish Millionaire

10,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
O_o-Dimensia_Juice-x_X
red-tala9

It's actually a lot more normal than you think. And it most certainly does happen whether you like to think it does or not. User Image
14 year old kills eight year old neighbor
10 year old shoots and kills mother
12 year old kills two year old brother
11 year old kills 3 and four year old

I know it happens. I've seen to many news stories and it sucks crying

Ruthless Wife

5,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Divorced 100
its very gruesome how this world is becoming to. Sometimes i dont understand what's running in these ppls head cry neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff