Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Kellogg is recalling boxes of Mini-Wheats cereal due to the "unlikely but possible presence of fragments of flexible metal mesh from a faulty manufacturing part," according to the company.

"Although there have been no reports of any injuries, Kellogg initiated a voluntarily recall of certain packages of Mini-Wheats Bite Size cereal as a precautionary measure," company spokesman Kris Charles said in a statement. "At Kellogg, our number one priority is the quality and safety of our foods and we take this situation very seriously."

The recall covers roughly 282,000 cases of Frosted Mini-Wheats Bite Size Original and Mini-Wheats Unfrosted Bite Size cereal with the letters KB, AP or FK before or after the best-before date. Most of the recalled products are cereal boxes, but some are single-serving bowls.

Kellogg consulted with David Acheson, an internal medicine doctor and former chief medical officer at the FDA Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, who said the likelihood of metal fragments making their way into the food is low, according to a company statement.

"We are reassured that our increased supply chain investments helped us to quickly identify the root cause and our preventative maintenance program helped us mitigate the impact," the company said.

The odds of any affected food causing injury are also low, according to the company.

Tetnis anyone?

Interesting Explorer

6,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
miniwheat's It's like eating carboard or so what my dad oftens says.

now with 20% metal. NO Thanks, thats just nasty and wrong.

Fashionable Hunter

I love Mini-Wheats D:

I hope nothing is discovered in the recall...

Greedy Consumer

they just wanna avoid getting sued lol.

Greedy Consumer

Sir- BookWyrm2nd
miniwheat's It's like eating carboard or so what my dad oftens says.

now with 20% metal. NO Thanks, thats just nasty and wrong.
cardboard has as much calories as cereal, or more, because the fibe rof cardboard can be burned which is how people find calories, but fiber is naturally more abundant than sugar and such.

They say 90% of plants are fiber. So of course itd be easy to say its like eating cardboard, but I dont think it has that much fiber, they have added sugar too, and overall its less healthy than nuts fruits and vegetables, but healthier than processed dinners. Its not a balanced meal, since the cows are fed wheat instead of grass more often than not, so the protein range isnt too different, same with the minerals. So be sure to have other food with it that isnt grains or dairy.

Lunatic

5,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
I eat fruity pebbles, so I'm all good. That health stuff is horrible anyways.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Thought about getting Mini-Wheats last time I bought cereal. Fortunately, I chose Frankenberry. mrgreen Seems my childish tastes paid off.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Nuu, not my frosted mini-wheats! emo

Kawaii Shoujo

After reading this particular article many people or what seemed to be quite a lot of people made jokes about the recall... I however can't help but be pleased at how fast the response for the recalled cereal was and am equally glad that the corporation did the right thing by making sure by ordering the said boxes off of the shelves, if they hadn't than there would obviously be big law suits and a great many angry customers or employers demanding answers.

HimeKeesho's Wife

xdivision_whitey
Kellogg is recalling boxes of Mini-Wheats cereal due to the "unlikely but possible presence of fragments of flexible metal mesh from a faulty manufacturing part," according to the company.

"Although there have been no reports of any injuries, Kellogg initiated a voluntarily recall of certain packages of Mini-Wheats Bite Size cereal as a precautionary measure," company spokesman Kris Charles said in a statement. "At Kellogg, our number one priority is the quality and safety of our foods and we take this situation very seriously."

The recall covers roughly 282,000 cases of Frosted Mini-Wheats Bite Size Original and Mini-Wheats Unfrosted Bite Size cereal with the letters KB, AP or FK before or after the best-before date. Most of the recalled products are cereal boxes, but some are single-serving bowls.

Kellogg consulted with David Acheson, an internal medicine doctor and former chief medical officer at the FDA Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, who said the likelihood of metal fragments making their way into the food is low, according to a company statement.

"We are reassured that our increased supply chain investments helped us to quickly identify the root cause and our preventative maintenance program helped us mitigate the impact," the company said.

The odds of any affected food causing injury are also low, according to the company.

Tetnis anyone?

omg ewwuhh

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
MY BELOVED FROSTED MINI-WHEATS! D: I was craving the strawberry and chocolate flavors earlier today, but alas I has no monies to buy any. Glad I didn't.

Dapper Dabbler

9,075 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
Just checked my roommate's box and it has the KB after the date...
:C

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
the flying penguin
Just checked my roommate's box and it has the KB after the date...
:C
Get rid of it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas