Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Flern
I heard that Will Smith and his family were not pleased with her performance. How could they be? Unlike Miley Cyrus, they are more responsible.

It was Lady Gaga's performance they were reacting to.

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
False Dichotomy
Your experience is as meaningless (or possibly more meaningless) than my own for the means of proving anything here, and for a variety of reasons; two of which I've already discussed.

Because you are a hopeless kind of person who cares more about sounding right than being right. I made no defense of anyone, I merely made factual statements in direct assault towards your prejudice. Believe it or not, some people actually care about being right.

The weight of some is not the precedent of all.

No different? It's extremely different. One of them is dancing in a room owned by an establishment who pays taxes and respects age of consent laws... the other is (unlawfully) sucking someone off for cash.

So your entire argument here is that some men are asshats, therefore strippers are whores? Am I missing any important nuances left unnoticed in your poorly supported, self righteous rant?

One of us actually has experience and has met multiple people in the industry. The other has not. The second is not correct, and it's very funny you seem to think you can tell me about the things that I know and that you do not.

Awww, assumptions and oh look! It's the little cousin of the waaacism argument. "You don't agree with me and have standards and morals so that...that makes you a bad person and judgemental and meeean!" Newsflash - not only am I allowed to hold any viewpoint I want, applying 'right' and 'wrong' to an opinion is rather silly. If you're fond of whores, good for you, that's YOUR prerogative, and I am not any less worthy for holding a different view.

Considering most strippers give lap dances and that's offering sexual contact for money, that makes of them whores by the "standard" definition. As I've stated before, I consider anyone who exchanges sexual anything for money to be a whore. That encompasses all strippers who dance for money. Nice sidestep on showing that the definition you posted fits my views as well as yours though.

So it's okay to be a whore as long as you're over 18 and your establishment pays taxes. That's an interesting view. Also, just because the law says something is acceptable does not make it right. For example, being a whore is legal in Vegas. Hydrofracking is also legal in many places.

One line in a few paragraphs =/= an entire argument, and if you had reading comprehension, you would have seen that I clearly stated both parties are at fault. A sad indictment of the education system of whatever country you hail from.

I know I haven't missed anything in your completely unsupported, hypertolerant load of garbage, sadly. Since I've cleanly taken out your idea that 'whore' is not an appropriate word choice at the knees (and you lot still haven't provided what you feel is an acceptable alternative even), that leaves only you being intolerant over someone's else's viewpoint. Good day.

Alien Star

Malee
Flern
I heard that Will Smith and his family were not pleased with her performance. How could they be? Unlike Miley Cyrus, they are more responsible.

Well, I guess I did hear this from my mother. Her facts aren't that straight all the time.

Lavish Millionaire

10,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
False Dichotomy
red-tala9
So the most important news this week is about Miley shaking her butt and Batman fans not getting the actor they want to be in the next SM movie. Meanwhile in Syria about 100 people died in a bombing and fire fight, Egypt is slowly breaking apart, another gang rape happened in India, Jobs from china could possibly be coming back to the Americas (i think that's only a rumor though) and the most IMPORTANT NEWS IS ABOUT A WOMAN SHAKING HER a** badly on stage.
Honestly, the saddest thing about most of this is that unless you are actively looking for this kind of news, you probably aren't going to hear people talk about it.

Ive been hearing people talk about it almost everyday at the college, my mother bring it up alot, and its all over the net XD

Greedy Capitalist

I thought it was hot. c:
That performance of miley cyrus at the vma's was a crime against humanity and dignity, she is revolting

Angelic Blob

Flern
Malee
Flern

Well, I guess I did hear this from my mother. Her facts aren't that straight all the time.

To add on. They were not shocked by her performance.
Jaden was pondering while looking at the screen.
Willow was chewing gum.
Will was rock to the beat.
Jada was scratching her nose.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
False Dichotomy
black_wing_angel
False Dichotomy
black_wing_angel
False Dichotomy
Erotic dancing =/= whore.

I'll have to disagree on that. Erotic dancing is...well....erotic.

It's one thing to dance like that, in a private setting, for a private individual. What happens in the bedroom, is between the people in the bedroom.

However, once it becomes a public display, that qualifies for whore status, in my book.
No touching or physical contact of any kind in most cases. Kind of hard to be a whore without having sex for money.

Demonization of nudity is archaic and kind of childish.

It's not childish at all. Archaic, sure. But childish? No.

Also sex encompasses more than just physical touching. If you're sitting in the corner, watching someone masturbate for your amusement, that's....well...it's kind of a form of sexual activity, despite no touching.
No, that's voyeuristic. "Sexual activity" is bumping uglies (or at least one ugly)

Quote:
Also, what Cyrus and that Thicke guy (seriously...who the ******** is he?)
Some talentless hack that all the girlies squirt their jeans for. He sung some "song" you've probably heard on TV before. It makes my ears bleed.

Quote:
does not qualify for "no touching". As I understand it, they were indeed touching.
Miley's a whore for different reasons. Miley falls under the title of "attention whore." What she did really had nothing to do with Thicke, it was purely to make people gasp at her.

Quote:
Quote:
Really? You have self respect? Are you self employed?

What does employment have to do with self-respect? I work for my money, and I respect myself enough to do so.
Where do you work?

I work in a factory, making heating elements for many, many applications.

Invisible Explorer

7,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
  • Market Browser 100
Kai-Shan Valandria
All of this clearly shows that humans no longer deserve to be the dominant species. Also, Miley Cyrus is a whore.

Zombie apocalypse or a raging pandemic just can't come soon enough.
Agreed.

Invisible Explorer

7,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
  • Market Browser 100
I saw about fifteen seconds of it while channel hopping then kept hopping. I can proudly say that I didn't support the Cyrus rating.
Kai-Shan Valandria
False Dichotomy
Your experience is as meaningless (or possibly more meaningless) than my own for the means of proving anything here, and for a variety of reasons; two of which I've already discussed.

Because you are a hopeless kind of person who cares more about sounding right than being right. I made no defense of anyone, I merely made factual statements in direct assault towards your prejudice. Believe it or not, some people actually care about being right.

The weight of some is not the precedent of all.

No different? It's extremely different. One of them is dancing in a room owned by an establishment who pays taxes and respects age of consent laws... the other is (unlawfully) sucking someone off for cash.

So your entire argument here is that some men are asshats, therefore strippers are whores? Am I missing any important nuances left unnoticed in your poorly supported, self righteous rant?

One of us actually has experience and has met multiple people in the industry. The other has not. The second is not correct, and it's very funny you seem to think you can tell me about the things that I know and that you do not.

Awww, assumptions and oh look! It's the little cousin of the waaacism argument. "You don't agree with me and have standards and morals so that...that makes you a bad person and judgemental and meeean!" Newsflash - not only am I allowed to hold any viewpoint I want, applying 'right' and 'wrong' to an opinion is rather silly. If you're fond of whores, good for you, that's YOUR prerogative, and I am not any less worthy for holding a different view.

Considering most strippers give lap dances and that's offering sexual contact for money, that makes of them whores by the "standard" definition. As I've stated before, I consider anyone who exchanges sexual anything for money to be a whore. That encompasses all strippers who dance for money. Nice sidestep on showing that the definition you posted fits my views as well as yours though.

So it's okay to be a whore as long as you're over 18 and your establishment pays taxes. That's an interesting view. Also, just because the law says something is acceptable does not make it right. For example, being a whore is legal in Vegas. Hydrofracking is also legal in many places.

One line in a few paragraphs =/= an entire argument, and if you had reading comprehension, you would have seen that I clearly stated both parties are at fault. A sad indictment of the education system of whatever country you hail from.

I know I haven't missed anything in your completely unsupported, hypertolerant load of garbage, sadly. Since I've cleanly taken out your idea that 'whore' is not an appropriate word choice at the knees (and you lot still haven't provided what you feel is an acceptable alternative even), that leaves only you being intolerant over someone's else's viewpoint. Good day.

Although I do agree that your calling her a whore is a bit insulting to whores. Most of them don't attempt to practice their craft in front of a national audience. Don't worry, at the rate she's going, she's going to have more miles on her a** than Delta.
In other words, she may catch Rhianna in the ho category.

Tipsy Gekko

SJS are so quick to call out 'slut-shaming' to defend her but won't call her out on her cultural appropriation and taking certain aspects of black culture she likes? emotion_donotwant

I was more disgusted by her actions than her clothes and dear god KEEP THAT BEAST OF A TONGUE IN THERE PLEASE.

Fashionable Explorer

10,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • That One Hero 500
haha i've always hated dat li'll bratty slut from the get go anyways lol i never watched any of her shows/movies, ect…lol but to see her act all weird and slutty/stupid on stage…if her dad ever saw her act'n inappropriate on stage, maybe he'll be shocked, and maybe pissed off… xp lol i saw a funny reaction of the Smith family while they watched her perform…they're all like O_O 0_0 o_O 0_o eek surprised hell, dat got even ME think'n WTF is WRONG with dat stupid idiot…SMH -_-(

Genius

9,750 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I bet she's gonna release a video game for Kinect all about twerking.

Magical Girl

Billy Ray Cyrus, Just what on earth happened to your daughter ?
emotion_facepalm

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces