Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
We've heard of snakes on a plane, but now snakes in a couch?

Two months after a Michigan woman moved a secondhand couch she found on a curb into her bedroom, she said she discovered a giant snake had been lurking under the cushions.

In a video obtained by ABC News' Grand Rapids affiliate WZZM-TV, Holly Wright said she took the couch from off the street and had had it in her bedroom for "a couple months" before finding the reptile.

Wright even said she had cleaned the couch when she first took it home but never saw the creature.

Wright said, to her surprise, her mystery roommate revealed itself over the weekend when it tried to slither out of the couch, possibly in search of food or warmth, she said.

With the couch flipped upside-down, a video taken by Wright and her boyfriend showed what appeared to be a lethargic snake stuck halfway between the cushion area and under the couch.

"It's pretty big. We don't know what kind of snake it is for sure," Wright said after she prodded it with the hook from a plastic hanger.

She said the snake died before she could get help for it.

"Funny, my room almost feels a little empty now," she told WZZM. "It's been really sad actually to realize all this time I was in proximity to that animal (that) was probably suffering."

OMG

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Awwww. D: Poor lil' guy. At least she tried to help it.

Also, it reminded me of this:

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

Alexander J Luthor
Awwww. D: Poor lil' guy. At least she tried to help it.

Also, it reminded me of this:

That is the same thing I thought too.xD

Insularis's Waifu

Witty Phantom

Poor snakey.
You DO NOT pick up second hand furniture off the ******** street! What was this woman thinking?!

Evolved Hunter

azulmagia
You DO NOT pick up second hand furniture off the ******** street! What was this woman thinking?!

Sometimes people throw away perfectly good furniture. Other times it's filled with bed bugs and apparently snakes. sweatdrop

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Super Fightin Robot
azulmagia

Sometimes people throw away perfectly good furniture. Other times it's filled with bed bugs and apparently snakes. sweatdrop

Made me think of furniture my friend's tenants put out for free. She used to own apartments. More than once there was a chair or a sofa or something from some tenant that she knew had cockroaches. Assuming it was not highly poisonous I'd rather have a snake than cockroaches or bedbugs.

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

David2074
Super Fightin Robot
azulmagia

Made me think of furniture my friend's tenants put out for free. She used to own apartments. More than once there was a chair or a sofa or something from some tenant that she knew had cockroaches. Assuming it was not highly poisonous I'd rather have a snake than cockroaches or bedbugs.

I agree with him on that one,at least with snake it can easily be disposed of.
We had to deal with roaches,that came out of a crate with cupboards from Home Depot,before when I was a kid,it took a long a** time to get rid of them.Ugh,they got into everything,even our hair! Dx
Now I get paranoid after someone brings a crate or something into the house..>~>

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Yuki_Windira
David2074
Super Fightin Robot
azulmagia

We had to deal with roaches,that came out of a crate with cupboards from Home Depot,before when I was a kid,it took a long a** time to get rid of them.Ugh,they got into everything,even our hair! Dx
Now I get paranoid after someone brings a crate or something into the house..>~>

Ooh! That would really hack me off to get a roach infestation from a new product from a major store.

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
azulmagia

Sorry, but people do it anyway--especially if they're poor. neutral

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

David2074
Yuki_Windira
David2074
Super Fightin Robot
azulmagia

Ooh! That would really hack me off to get a roach infestation from a new product from a major store.

Oh,my parents were extremely peeved about it,especially since they had us two small kids in the house.
I remember mama and daddy using a bunch of bug bombs,bug traps,swatters,ect on those suckers.

I don't remember what killed them off completely,but we're happy they went away.
~shudder~Never wanna deal with that again,ever.... ;~;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces