Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

While checking out damages after a recent tornado in Cedarville, Ohio, meteorologist Rich Wirdzek found a kitten mewling under some rubble.

Wirdzek captured footage of the kitty's rescue and shared it on his Facebook page. We first saw the story over at The Vane.

The unnamed kitten looks a little worse for wear as Wirdzek picks it from the debris and takes it to his TV van, where he helped get the little guy warmed up, according to a report from WHIO, where Wirdzek works.

The footage of Wirdzek helping the soaking wet kitten out of the rubble while whispering encouraging words could melt the heart of the Grinch, Darth Vader and maybe even old Mr. Potter from "It's a Wonderful Life." Cynics have nowhere to hide -- it's just that cute.

WHIO reports that the kitten was returned to its family, where one hopes it was given a warm saucer of milk and enough yarn to help it forget the past few days.

The EF3 category tornado Wednesday destroyed several homes. There were no reported injuries or fatalities, according to the National Weather Service.

Poor baby

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Aaaaand I melted.
Why did they leave their kitten behind?
I know of something like a tornado were to appear animals (after everyone is accounted for) gets loaded up as fast as possible.
They could have just held the kitten in the car,but they probably went to a tornado shelter place that didn't allow pets. ._.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Mimi Sparda
I know of something like a tornado were to appear animals (after everyone is accounted for) gets loaded up as fast as possible.
They could have just held the kitten in the car,but they probably went to a tornado shelter place that didn't allow pets. ._.

Almost all of the tornado shelters in my area refuse pets. It's terrible.

Dangerous Ladykiller

11,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
No that's too cute crying
Poor thing though, I wonder what happened? Everyone else might be right; it might've been left behind because of shelter rules.

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Mimi Sparda

Kitten could have been a stray. Not to mention some people view pets as disposable.

Excitable Strawberry

That's a terribly cute kitten...

Idk, it might be hard to keep track of every single barn cat, but who knows? At least its safe now.

Kawaii Shoujo

If that kitten was actually a stray I would say to send it over to my place... my own cat died today and I wouldn't mind having such a cute kitten around the house again.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
fairy-phoenix
If that kitten was actually a stray I would say to send it over to my place... my own cat died today and I wouldn't mind having such a cute kitten around the house again.

If you wait you can have one of our. Our cat Got knocked up. stressed And We did try to get her and her sisters fixed but someone, two of them, had a fever and they refused to fix all four of them without our consent. vet wouldn't pick up the phone so consent couldn't be give. Real kicker was they charged us.

12,925 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100
Mimi Sparda
what time did the twister hit. If you only had a minute warning you can't spend that time looking under every dead bed for it.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Mimi Sparda
Kittens are great at hiding. I don't think emergency shelters are allowed to turn away pets.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pets_Evacuation_and_Transportation_Standards_Act
Only good thing to come from Katrina was passage of this.

Feral Nymph

Ratttking
Mimi Sparda
Kittens are great at hiding. I don't think emergency shelters are allowed to turn away pets.

Tipped because I'm pleased to find out that this is a thing. I'm not in a particularly awful area weather-wise (save for hurricanes), but I do feel better knowing I can bring my pets with me should I need to evacuate. I'm really happy they don't specify that it's only for cats and dogs since I keep rabbits.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Pessimist
Ratttking
Mimi Sparda

Tipped because I'm pleased to find out that this is a thing. I'm not in a particularly awful area weather-wise (save for hurricanes), but I do feel better knowing I can bring my pets with me should I need to evacuate. I'm really happy they don't specify that it's only for cats and dogs since I keep rabbits.
Me neither, the worst we typically get is ice storms and I don't see how we could be evacuated during one of them, or why we would really need to be. Bunnies! How many do you have and what kind?

Alex ^^ said they don't allow pets in most ND emergency shelters, wonder what gives there. neutral They get federal money for disasters...

Feral Nymph

Ratttking
Pessimist
Ratttking
Mimi Sparda

Me neither, the worst we typically get is ice storms and I don't see how we could be evacuated during one of them, or why we would really need to be. Bunnies! How many do you have and what kind?

Alex ^^ said they don't allow pets in most ND emergency shelters, wonder what gives there. neutral They get federal money for disasters...

Huh. Might not be a bad idea to print out a copy of the law if one is particularly concerned.

Pearl's a shelter bunny, so she's not any particular breed besides being a short hair of sorts. Even though it's much more expensive to get females fixed, I may stick with them. She's an absolute angel to people and an absolute devil to wires, books, and anything else she can chew on. I wouldn't trade her for the world. heart

Gimli, her predecessor, was a male Netherland Dwarf. He bonded to me easily enough, but he'd still sometimes have dominance issues. Then again, there's nothing more hilarious then a teeny bunny snorting (expression of bunny anger) at you and charging at your foot.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff