Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
have you ever heard of gay people? lot of girls are friends with gay guys and theyre just friends. the same thing is vice versa. im a lesbian and i have guy friends that are only friends.

Shadowy Rogue

7,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
This is just ridiculous.
One obvious example would be to say kids say 13 and prior are just friends, I'd be worried if otherwise.
But on a more supportive argument, I have plenty of female friends. Hell 2 of my best friends are female, and I've never thought of them as anything but. And as Noki said, it seems gay people quite often have the opposite gender as friends.
Besides, even if we were to have these 'sexual impulses', that's just human nature no? I find it hard to believe even if you did think about a friend on the odd occasion in a sexual manner, if you don't act upon it or whatnot, that still keeps you as 'just friends' does it not?

Adored Admirer

I thought this was already known. Sure, men and women can be friends under circumstances, but that's because these circumstances don't permit the two to even be together in the first place. If I was gay, I could be friends with any heterosexual or homosexual woman because I wouldn't be sexually attracted to either one.

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Noki Wolf
have you ever heard of gay people? lot of girls are friends with gay guys and theyre just friends. the same thing is vice versa. im a lesbian and i have guy friends that are only friends.
It said heterosexual males and females. Also I'm not the one who conducted the study, I just found it interesting.

Lavish Millionaire

10,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
I have more dude friends then female friends that dosent mean I want to ******** them all XD
this is kinda silly.

Dapper Lunatic

16,440 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Clambake 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
rolleyes Here we go again. Articles like this presume that people are going to or going to want to tap everything they could even theoretically be attracted to.

I'm a gay woman, and I have male and female platonic friends who are, themselves, straight, bisexual, pansexual, asexual, and gay as the day is long.

Part of the problem here is that you can make a single study say pretty much anything you want it to, but that doesn't make it scientific or authoritative.

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Zerotino
This is just ridiculous.
One obvious example would be to say kids say 13 and prior are just friends, I'd be worried if otherwise.
But on a more supportive argument, I have plenty of female friends. Hell 2 of my best friends are female, and I've never thought of them as anything but. And as Noki said, it seems gay people quite often have the opposite gender as friends.
Besides, even if we were to have these 'sexual impulses', that's just human nature no? I find it hard to believe even if you did think about a friend on the odd occasion in a sexual manner, if you don't act upon it or whatnot, that still keeps you as 'just friends' does it not?
the study said heterosexual males and females. And of course there are always exceptions, its just more people in their study couldn't do it versus those who could.
Following that logic, as a bi/pansexual woman, I should apparently be capable of no friendships at all?

Nope, don't think so. Got enough friends, and I most certainly don't feel the urge to hump every single one of them just 'cause they are of a gender or gender-identification I don't exclude.

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
I have both male and female friends, and I don't really want to be anything more than just friends with my guy friends. I may ask one of them if they would like to go to prom with me, but just so I won't be the lonely loser again.

Of course, i see myself as asexual, so...

Assimilated Bloodsucker

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
red-tala9
I have more dude friends then female friends that dosent mean I want to ******** them all XD
this is kinda silly.

I'm the exact same way. I prefer male friendship over female friendship. There isn't a lot of drama and all my female friends want to do is talk about what guy is cute. it's disgusting when all i want to do is watch anime ad play games.

Lavish Millionaire

10,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
Raye Delvego
red-tala9
this is kinda silly.

I'm the exact same way. I prefer male friendship over female friendship. There isn't a lot of drama and all my female friends want to do is talk about what guy is cute. it's disgusting when all i want to do is watch anime ad play games.

this kinda reminds me of the old high school stero type
"she has a lot of guy friends she must e a whore or sleeping with some of them"
so annoying rolleyes

Time-traveling Doll

39,175 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
It depends on people's taste of personality and attractiveness to each other.

Receiver

men don't bother with befriending women that they aren't attracted to

Ruthless Gekko

90% of my male friends in the past chose to be my friend because they wanted a relationship with me and friendzoned themselves because they took months upon months to ever say anything and weren't into the friendship for the friendship. Retards. emotion_donotwant

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff