Welcome to Gaia! ::

Profitable Prophet

7,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Kinny Fear
[pia]
Seattle is in a state of chaos right now. Violence has escalated through the roof right now with shootings, murders, and burglaries. The latest being a man who shot his wife, daughter, cat and dog, hid out in his bunker in the woods then shot himself. Now we can add

violent protesters.
User Image

Only the black block anarchists and the police were violent, actually. Not to mention Phoenix Jones' crew.

Some(actually, most) of you that protested are too young to remember that protests like this is reflective of the ones back in the 1960s(yeah, I'm that old!!). What really did it accomplish? Protestors and their activities didn't cause the US to get out of Vietnam, it was the fact that America was just worn out of fighting(and it wasn't even our conflict to begin with. It was the French!). Then take in to account the incident at Kent State University. Someone in authority paniced, called out the National Guard, and 4 people were shot. Certainly not a good day for all involved there.

My point is there are other ways of protesting than breaking windows and throwing paint bombs. Ghandi resorted to "civil disobedience". Maybe you could give that a try?

By the way, what's wrong with Phoenix Jones' crew? Yeah, they're vigilanties but they were helping out the police in trying to disperse the "undesireable element" from an otherwise peaceful(term used loosely) movement. So some people were pepper sprayed. There are bigger fish to fry.

Party Member

VirginianRanger
Some(actually, most) of you that protested are too young to remember that protests like this is reflective of the ones back in the 1960s(yeah, I'm that old!!). What really did it accomplish? Protestors and their activities didn't cause the US to get out of Vietnam, it was the fact that America was just worn out of fighting(and it wasn't even our conflict to begin with. It was the French!). Then take in to account the incident at Kent State University. Someone in authority paniced, called out the National Guard, and 4 people were shot. Certainly not a good day for all involved there.

My point is there are other ways of protesting than breaking windows and throwing paint bombs. Ghandi resorted to "civil disobedience". Maybe you could give that a try?

By the way, what's wrong with Phoenix Jones' crew? Yeah, they're vigilanties but they were helping out the police in trying to disperse the "undesireable element" from an otherwise peaceful(term used loosely) movement. So some people were pepper sprayed. There are bigger fish to fry.
User Image

Oh, so because protesting doesn't do anything, we shouldn't even try? rolleyes

AGAIN. User Image The black block anarchists were only a small percentage of the group. Do not lump me in with those counteractive morons.
If you look carefully, any pictures of protesters getting arrested reveal that they are completely limp, forcing many cops to carry them away. When the police began to round up signs and get aggressive, some of us sat down; some of us formed lines and locked arms. We do practice civil disobedience.
What's wrong with the Rain City Superhero Movement? Exactly what you said: they're vigilantes (civilians) and people were pepper-sprayed by them. I don't know what book you read, but in mine that's known as assault.

Party Member

xXShadow_wolf_demonXx
Well its a good way to protest plus it seems fun ... but idk if thats for immagrents or against so im gonna pretend i didnt just read the 1st paragraph and then stop Ouo
User Image

Violent black block protesting seems fun? neutral

Kinny Fear
xXShadow_wolf_demonXx
Well its a good way to protest plus it seems fun ... but idk if thats for immagrents or against so im gonna pretend i didnt just read the 1st paragraph and then stop Ouo
User Image

No but the way they were protesting seems fun. OuO
Kinny Fear
xXShadow_wolf_demonXx
User Image

Paint bombs and breaking windows, EPIC ^^ wish i could do that :3

Party Member

xXShadow_wolf_demonXx
Kinny Fear

User Image

You just contradicted yourself.
You think that violence and vandalism is a fun way to protest? Are you sociopath?

Kinny Fear
xXShadow_wolf_demonXx
Kinny Fear

User Image

You think that violence and vandalism is a fun way to protest? Are you sociopath?

LOL actually ya... i THINK thats wat its called. I just think that violence and vandalism is fun. How am I contradicting myself. You probably misunderstood me the first time but what I meant to say was that I think that those things that they were doing (breaking windows and painball bombs and stuff) is EPIC and fun ^^ but of course I wouldn't do those things because I know I would get arrested for it. DUH XD

Party Member

xXShadow_wolf_demonXx
Kinny Fear
xXShadow_wolf_demonXx
Kinny Fear

LOL actually ya... i THINK thats wat its called. I just think that violence and vandalism is fun. How am I contradicting myself. You probably misunderstood me the first time but what I meant to say was that I think that those things that they were doing (breaking windows and painball bombs and stuff) is EPIC and fun ^^ but of course I wouldn't do those things because I know I would get arrested for it. DUH XD
User Image

I bolded the contradiction.
Yeah, being a violent a*****e is fun. rolleyes Stay out of my protests, sociopath.

Kinny Fear
xXShadow_wolf_demonXx
Kinny Fear
xXShadow_wolf_demonXx
Kinny Fear

User Image

I bolded the contradiction.
Yeah, being a violent a*****e is fun. rolleyes Stay out of my protests, sociopath.

Haha, it's hilarious how easily u get mad. Or are you mad. It's also funny how you use sociopath as an insult. Ya, hah, your hilarious. But I don't see why you are getting irritated.

Party Member

xXShadow_wolf_demonXx

Haha, it's hilarious how easily u get mad. Or are you mad. It's also funny how you use sociopath as an insult. Ya, hah, your hilarious. But I don't see why you are getting irritated.
User Image

I don't get mad on the internet.
Being a sociopath is a bad thing, not that you'd know.

Ugh. Why are stupid people violent and vice versa?

Party Member

cephastwin
Ugh. Why are stupid people violent and vice versa?
User Image

Anarchists are idealists with their own agendas, which take precedence over the goals of cleverer people with the same ideals.

Profitable Prophet

7,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Kinny Fear
VirginianRanger

User Image

Oh, so because protesting doesn't do anything, we shouldn't even try? rolleyes

AGAIN. User Image The black block anarchists were only a small percentage of the group. Do not lump me in with those counteractive morons.
If you look carefully, any pictures of protesters getting arrested reveal that they are completely limp, forcing many cops to carry them away. When the police began to round up signs and get aggressive, some of us sat down; some of us formed lines and locked arms. We do practice civil disobedience.
What's wrong with the Rain City Superhero Movement? Exactly what you said: they're vigilantes (civilians) and people were pepper-sprayed by them. I don't know what book you read, but in mine that's known as assault.

Never once did I say you shouldn't try protesting. I said the method was all wrong.

What, exactly, are you protesting about? What specifically are you and those in the movement attempting to change(I've heard the ramblings of some of the "occupy" protestors and they make absolutely no sense)?

True, there are some bad elements involved in your movement(ie the black block anarchists). But what I don't understand is why those that are there to "peacefully" demonstrate go limp when the police ask them to leave(due largely in part because the protestors are demonstrating without the proper permits. Yes, you have to have a permit to demonstrate. Yes,it's covered under the Bill of Rights but many municipalities require permits to be obtained before the demonstration begins). I mean, if the police tell you to leave and you don't, then you're breaking the law and the police have to arrest you. By going limp you just make a bad situation worse for yourself. Police now struggle to move you away and it also opens up an opportunity for others to possibly assault the police who are only doing their job. This is where Phoenix Jones and others step in. Yes, they are vigilantes, but would it be better to have someone using non-lethal force(come on, its pepper spray and yes, I've been sprayed with it. I'm an EMT and had it applied to me during training) than to have the previously mentioned black block anarchists beating on the police? So assaulting the criminal that is assaulting a police officer is wrong? This isn't a "two wrongs don't make a right" equation. This is stepping in and helping out equation.

Perhaps you and others like yourself that want this "change" to come about would further your cause by becoming more organized and define what it is you are attempting to achieve. This filtering system would then eliminate those radical influences that will only further mar your cause.

Party Member

User Image
VirginianRanger
Never once did I say you shouldn't try protesting. I said the method was all wrong.
Ah, there I agree. Unfortunately it's pretty much the only method we have. User Image
VirginianRanger
What, exactly, are you protesting about? What specifically are you and those in the movement attempting to change(I've heard the ramblings of some of the "occupy" protestors and they make absolutely no sense)?
I'm sure I stated it earlier, but the major flaw of the rally and protest was the lack of cohesiveness. Everyone was there for a different reason. It was incredibly frustrating as you can imagine.
VirginianRanger
True, there are some bad elements involved in your movement(ie the black block anarchists). But what I don't understand is why those that are there to "peacefully" demonstrate go limp when the police ask them to leave(due largely in part because the protestors are demonstrating without the proper permits. Yes, you have to have a permit to demonstrate. Yes,it's covered under the Bill of Rights but many municipalities require permits to be obtained before the demonstration begins). I mean, if the police tell you to leave and you don't, then you're breaking the law and the police have to arrest you. By going limp you just make a bad situation worse for yourself. Police now struggle to move you away and it also opens up an opportunity for others to possibly assault the police who are only doing their job.
That's what civil disobedience is, except for the last bit. It's idiotic to assault the police, because it invalidates the entire protest by taking the media's attention away from the matters at hand, the questions we want to raise. It's only fortunate that the media chose not to associate the Black Block with the immigrant rights march, at least some good came of that day.
VirginianRanger
This is where Phoenix Jones and others step in. Yes, they are vigilantes, but would it be better to have someone using non-lethal force(come on, its pepper spray and yes, I've been sprayed with it. I'm an EMT and had it applied to me during training) than to have the previously mentioned black block anarchists beating on the police? So assaulting the criminal that is assaulting a police officer is wrong? This isn't a "two wrongs don't make a right" equation. This is stepping in and helping out equation.
Phoenix Jones is a civilian. The anarchists are comitting assault, his group is committing assault. It's not two wrongs make a right, it's two wrongs make two wrongs, that should be dealt with. He has no right to pepper spray people just for breaking windows, it's not his property or person.
VirginianRanger
Perhaps you and others like yourself that want this "change" to come about would further your cause by becoming more organized and define what it is you are attempting to achieve. This filtering system would then eliminate those radical influences that will only further mar your cause.
Yes. neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces